General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Buying Shoes, what am I going to spend Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-19 11:32 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Buying Shoes, what am I going to spend
I have been in the market for clipless pedals and have settled on the Shimano 105, but I need to find shoes as well. Any advice on where to go here. I get to ride 2-3 times a week and want to start doing some triathlons. I don't have a ton of money to spend on expensive shoes. I would like to keep things in the $50-100 price range just like I did for the pedals. I have been reading up on shoes but there are a lot of brands and lots of different types.

2013-05-19 11:55 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Buying Shoes, what am I going to spend
I have both of the following and can say they are good quality shoes:

if you want a road shoe, the Shimano R087 is a nice one and doesn't break the bank...for about $85.

if you want a tri shoe, it's a bit more $...the Shimano TR52 is nice for around $140.

other brands might be a better bargain, such as Louis Garneau, Sidi, or Pearl Izumi...but I haven't personally tried those shoes.

as for road vs tri shoes...probably best to stick with a road shoe. it will work fine for tri's, and will have more support.
the tri shoe is just faster to put on and good for sockless riding...perhaps a bit lighter but not by much.

Edited by metafizx 2013-05-19 11:59 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Buying Shoes, what am I going to spend Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Looks like I am buying a car soon, what is the best bike rack option

Started by NewClydesdale
Views: 1552 Posts: 19

2011-11-05 8:20 PM NewClydesdale

How to go about buying road tires

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 2885 Posts: 13

2011-05-15 11:22 AM ingleshteechur

Go buy a new bike - So worth it

Started by EvenOlder
Views: 1541 Posts: 7

2009-04-21 5:52 AM pamiejane

I am THIS CLOSE to buying a bike HELP ME

Started by jamesehatcher
Views: 2194 Posts: 24

2007-06-19 9:19 AM tomp

Anyone going to buy me a beer?...

Started by Tridrayman
Views: 1099 Posts: 14

2006-01-28 4:00 AM Tridrayman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you

date : March 9, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
"I'm 'good' at breakfast and lunch, but after I get home from the gym at night, I end up devouring everything in sight. On weekends, my eating is even crazier." Sound familiar?
date : December 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.

date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.
date : August 13, 2008
author : say78
In February, I was given a very special gift: a gift certificate to buy a nice road bike. That's when I realized there was no turning back. I WAS doing this.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.