General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How soon after strep throat did you go back to training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-09 10:44 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Riley, Kansas
Subject: How soon after strep throat did you go back to training
Yesterday I was diagnosed with strep throat which surprised me since I had my tonsils out as a kid and haven't had it since. I opted for the painful antibiotic shot in the rear instead of the oral antibiotics. Of course I had to DNS my race this morning which is bumming me out. Anyway, the doctor said 6-7 days until I can get back to training, and I can't make it worse by training. If anyone has been in this situation, how many days did you wait? How did you feel getting back to training? I am going to follow my doctor's orders, just wanted to hear similar stories

2013-06-09 5:02 PM
in reply to: jillian_o

Subject: RE: How soon after strep throat did you go back to training

Sorry to hear that, strep throat is no fun at all, I had strep throat approx month ago. Lucky to me, not so lucky to those around me, I went to the doctor on Tuesday after Sunday race, so I sort of combined being sick and resting after the race. My race was an indoor tri and I started it feeling extremely crappy, but thanks to moist air in the pool and rain outside I did not had coughing fit, although I carried cough drops with me.The nurse said this infection is on the rise, so you perhaps caught the same wave as me. I did not ask doctor about running and biking, just about swimming, because strep is so contagious, and he said I have to finish antibiotics which was 5 days. I did some easy runs and rides though.
Get well and stay well. Good luck with training, you will catch up next week.
2013-06-09 6:19 PM
in reply to: tukutuku

User image

Expert
Fort Riley, Kansas
Subject: RE: How soon after strep throat did you go back to training
Thanks! Good to hear
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How soon after strep throat did you go back to training Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Learned the hard way not to come back too soon after being sick

Started by RookieIM
Views: 972 Posts: 4

2011-01-26 1:31 PM RookieIM

Question on doing Sprints on back to back weekends

Started by uhcoog
Views: 961 Posts: 5

2010-08-31 9:24 AM uhcoog

Doing back-to-back tris in a weekend

Started by PirateGirl
Views: 1096 Posts: 7

2006-04-21 4:34 PM Nob

strep throat

Started by tmwelshy
Views: 1623 Posts: 4

2006-02-15 1:37 PM RGRBILL

The work will be done soon.

Started by royj
Views: 526 Posts: 3

2004-09-21 11:31 PM glf33
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?
date : November 29, 2011
author : trmat79
A story about the motivation to overcome everyday challenges

date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
date : January 17, 2011
author : AMSSM
Can running worsen spinal stenosis? Is it possible to compete in triathlons with this condition?

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
A lot of us don’t spend too much time worrying about stretching and strengthening exercises for our lower back.