General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SPOKANE HELP Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-17 11:20 AM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Subject: SPOKANE HELP
I will be there this coming weekend. Any place for good open water swims??? And a place where I can do 3 X50 Min TT on the bike... Maybe a nice out and back somewhere???

Thanks

2006-07-17 12:12 PM
in reply to: #484731

User image

Expert
Spokane, Washington
Subject: RE: SPOKANE HELP

Hi there, and welcome to Spokaroo! 

My favorite OWS (and the only one I'll do alone) is at Lake Coeur d'Alene.  I go early on the weekend days to miss all the recreational beachgoers, but if you go early to the CdA city beach, you can start by the resort and swim along the shore for a mile towards North Idaho College. 

And let's see, a 3X50 min bike TT?  Hmmm....  we do have a trail that goes from Riverfront park in Downtown Spokane out to CdA, but for 50 uninterrupted minutes... do you want the out and back together to be 50 min or 50 min each way?  If you do Mapquest to the Valley YMCA, you could go from there toward CdA on the trail - I think that's a pretty good ride, or there's a good loop from the Valley Y - half trail and half road with a pretty good shoulder - the loop is only about 3 miles long though.  Hmmm...  Aha!  I've got it...  Start at Riverfront Park, go out Riverside rd, turn right on Gov't Way, Another right on Aubrey White Parkway - then you're back on the trail - a couple of good hills (especially on the way back) then the turnaround at Seven Mile Bridge.  I think that's about 10 miles?  Maybe not quite long enough, but if you cross the highway at the Seven Mile Bridge and continue to follow the trail, it's a pretty good ride to Nine Mile Dam.  Still, more hills, but not too bad. 

Where are you staying?  There may be some good rides right from your hotel!  PM if you want.

Cheers,
Colleen

2006-07-17 12:19 PM
in reply to: #484731

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Subject: RE: SPOKANE HELP
We are staying at the Davenport.. I am not sure where that is in relation to the Riverside Park. We did Troika there a couple years, back. I just don't really remember.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SPOKANE HELP Rss Feed