General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike ride/Lap pool suggestions? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-18 5:15 PM

User image

Regular
Bay Area, Cali
Subject: Bike ride/Lap pool suggestions?
I have the opportunity to hang out at my friend's empty apt this weekend, but I need to consider my training on saturday morning. Typically I'm swimming and biking on saturdays in Mountain View, but I'm not that familiar with good routes in and around the city.

Im going to run on embarcadaro on sunday, but where to bike on saturday? I'm staying in the marina and I'm looking to do 40 miles on flat or rolling terrain. No killer hills.

Any suggestions??

2006-07-18 5:50 PM
in reply to: #486396

User image

Master
San Mateo, CA
Subject: RE: Bike ride/Lap pool suggestions?

CarenM - 2006-07-18 3:15 PM I have the opportunity to hang out at my friend's empty apt this weekend, but I need to consider my training on saturday morning. Typically I'm swimming and biking on saturdays in Mountain View, but I'm not that familiar with good routes in and around the city. Im going to run on embarcadaro on sunday, but where to bike on saturday? I'm staying in the marina and I'm looking to do 40 miles on flat or rolling terrain. No killer hills. Any suggestions??

If you're looking for a lap pool, there's one at the YMCA on Embarcadero, just south of Market Street.  As for bike, how about the paradise loop?  That would be roughly a 40 mile route from the Embarcadero ( I know it's about 36 miles if you start at the Presidio, near the Bridge). I'll have to look for specific directions on the paradise loop.  I've done this ride dozens of times, I just can't remember street names. 

2006-07-18 6:00 PM
in reply to: #486396

User image

Master
San Mateo, CA
Subject: RE: Bike ride/Lap pool suggestions?

CarenM - 2006-07-18 3:15 PM I have the opportunity to hang out at my friend's empty apt this weekend, but I need to consider my training on saturday morning. Typically I'm swimming and biking on saturdays in Mountain View, but I'm not that familiar with good routes in and around the city. Im going to run on embarcadaro on sunday, but where to bike on saturday? I'm staying in the marina and I'm looking to do 40 miles on flat or rolling terrain. No killer hills. Any suggestions??

Of course, there's always Aquatic Park, near Pier 39, if you're interested in swimming in the bay.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike ride/Lap pool suggestions? Rss Feed