General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water bottle cage Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-19 10:22 AM

User image

New user
Subject: Water bottle cage
I bought a Trek 7300, 15inch frame (girls frame) yesterday, which is a huge upgrade from my garage sale $25 mtn bike special I have been training on.

They installed a water bottle cage in between the two bars. However, a regular size bike bottle doesn't fit properly. Also, I want to add another cage. They told me there was not another place to install a second, outside of the attachment you can get for the seat stem. My question is, why can't one be installed on the top bar? Since it dips so low, it wouldn't get in my way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I absolutely love it, had to go out for ride last night when I got home, shaved 4 minutes off my 5.6 mile route, even with extra time for adjusting and figuring out the different shifting system! It's not the big beautiful bike many of you have here, but its a great new bike to do my first Tri next month

Thanks for your help!

2006-07-19 10:43 AM
in reply to: #486995

Subject: RE: Water bottle cage
Hi, I have a small frame bike too. I can only use 20 ounce water bottle sizes. My bike was made with two spots of pre-drilled holes for water bottles, and I use a cage that loads from the side in order to get my bottle in and out. If your bike doesn't have two, then I don't know what you can do about that.

BUT, there are other solutions, like a mount on the back of your seatpost that will hold two bottles. You can also get aerobars and use a drink system that fits in between them (Aerodrink system for Profile Design bars is an example). Go to all3sports.com or trisports.com and check out the hydration systems.
2006-07-19 10:45 AM

User image

Expert
Earth

You could install a behind the seat cage, that might be your best bet.

Mounting on the handle bars is not a bad idea, you may end up having too much stuff and not being able to see the cycle computer.

2006-07-19 10:45 AM

Oh wait, is the 7300 a mountain bike? If so, scratch the aerobar comment. You can probably still do the seat mount though.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water bottle cage Rss Feed