General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ITU World Triathlon Series Qualification? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-14 1:46 PM

User image

Delco, PA
Subject: ITU World Triathlon Series Qualification?

I've been researching how to qualify to race in ITU events.  On their website, it says:

HOW CAN ATHLETES QUALIFY TO COMPETE IN THE SERIES?

Similar to the current process, National Federations (NF) will enter athletes and the start list will based on the current athlete's ranking.

Each NF will be given a maximum of six athletes with the host NF being given a maximum of eight spots. A maximum of 65 men and 65 women will make up the elite category with up to 75 men and 75 women in the Grand Final.

With each ITU World Triathlon Series event there will be an open age group race.

It says it'll be based on the athlete's rankings in order to qualify, but when do you get to the point where you can be ranked? Can't seem to find this info.

2013-07-14 2:55 PM
in reply to: C_Hassard

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: ITU World Triathlon Series Qualification?
In order to be ranked, you need to be competing in ITU events at the elite level. In order to get on the start line of any elite ITU event you would need to:

1) Meet the elite criteria for your national governing body (NGB) and apply for elite status
2) Be carded for international competition
3) Submit your name to be on the start list of continential events and start earning points

There may be slight differences based on the NGB but that's basically the process.

Shane
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ITU World Triathlon Series Qualification? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

ITU World Chamionship Series--spoilers

Started by zed707
Views: 552 Posts: 4

2010-06-14 3:02 PM jdwright56

Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Series live and for free

Started by Tri_dave
Views: 541 Posts: 2

2009-06-25 10:06 AM hip82

ITU WORLD CUP - HyVee Triathlon - Des Moines, IOWA

Started by brptak
Views: 1354 Posts: 1

2007-02-27 10:23 PM brptak

Hy-Vee ITU World Cup Triathlon: Des Moines

Started by oipolloi
Views: 1110 Posts: 8

2006-12-31 3:14 PM oipolloi

Hamburg triathlon (ITU World Cup)

Started by bambino
Views: 764 Posts: 4

2005-05-08 6:22 PM bambino
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 18, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
BT amateurs compete in San Diego race on the world stage.

date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!
date : February 28, 2005
author : sherrick
A 26 week, 6 race series plan for faster performance. A SILVER/GOLD member plan.

date : December 14, 2004
author : Team BT
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : November 14, 2004
author : czone
At one of my last swim sessions the week of my first Ironman, one of my training partners told me how she was envious..."your first Ironman is fun, you have no pressure and no expectations!"

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.