General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Following a plan when forced to TrainerRoad. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-28 2:33 PM

User image

New user
Sylvania
Subject: Following a plan when forced to TrainerRoad.
I am forced indoors for the next two weeks. I am new to TrainerRoad and am wondering how do I use my current training plan with TR. I am training for the Rev3 Cedar Point half, which is my first half.
Do I just choose rides that fill the time commitment, as I am going to miss several 2+ hr outdoor rides or are TrainerRoads rides used differantly to reach the same objectives.
Another thought is, do I just use the two weeks to work on intervals with no long rides
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Scott
Team RWB Toledo

2013-07-28 3:25 PM
in reply to: glayher

Subject: RE: Following a plan when forced to TrainerRoad.
If you download the trainer road workout creator, you can design any workout you want with it, or just pick one of the one that focuses on whatever you are looking for. If you go to the website, you can click on the "workouts" tab at the top and then sort them by zones (threshold, vo2 max, endurance, etc.) and time. It is much easier to browse the workouts via their website, then go to the application and open the one you decided on. If you can stand long rides on the trainer they have lots that are more than 2 hours, some 3 or 4 hours. Personally 2 hours is about my max on the trainer, even with a good movie on.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Following a plan when forced to TrainerRoad. Rss Feed