General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 310XT Losing ANT+ Signal Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-30 1:09 PM

User image

Olathe, KS
Subject: 310XT Losing ANT+ Signal
The background: I have a 310XT, Quarq PM, "premium" Garmin HR Monitor and Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor.

A couple of weeks ago I was just a few miles into a long ride when I looked down and noticed I wasn't getting any power data. I've had an issue with the battery conductors on my Quarq flattening out and needing to be pried up once before, so I assumed it was that. However, this time I noticed that I didn't have any HR data either. Both had been working fine at the start of the ride. I rode another couple of miles to see if it would correct itself, but it did not. I stopped, cycled the power on the Garmin and all was well for the remainder of the ride.

Last weekend before I started my ride I did my usual routine of turning on the unit, attempting to zero the PM, etc. The 310XT alerted me that it had detected all 3 devices and was giving me HR data. However, it wouldn't zero the PM and eventually acted like it couldn't find the PM ("Calibrate" was grayed out and no longer selectable). At that point I noticed that I was no longer getting HR data, either.

The fact that I'm losing HR and power simultaneously certainly leads me to believe that this is an issue with the 310XT and not the individual devices. Stopping in the middle of a long or recovery ride to reset is no big deal, but it's really going to suck if it happens during intervals or a race.

Has anybody else had similar issues?

2013-07-30 5:47 PM
in reply to: rageeumr

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: RE: 310XT Losing ANT+ Signal
Sounds like an issue with the 310. Have you made sure the firmware is up to date and/or done a hard reset on it?
2013-07-30 10:57 PM
in reply to: tzcoaching

User image

Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: 310XT Losing ANT+ Signal
Firmware is up to date. I was hesitant to try the hard reset because I didn't want to have to re-enter all of my settings. But I suppose I'll eventually try that if this keeps occurring.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 310XT Losing ANT+ Signal Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Delete ANT+ device from 310XT

Started by timf79
Views: 493 Posts: 5

2013-04-08 1:04 PM timf79

Garmin 310XT w/ Ant Stick + HRM $189

Started by Rock31
Views: 859 Posts: 2

2013-02-26 7:17 PM TriGuy05

Ant+ powered cadence thingy?

Started by sdanaher
Views: 929 Posts: 3

2010-08-16 8:47 AM dcrainmaker

310XT lost satellite signal during workout - how to recover

Started by shy1
Views: 1505 Posts: 5

2010-07-28 4:17 PM shy1

Garmin 310XT and pairing with ANT+-HELP!

Started by SSMinnow
Views: 6374 Posts: 7

2010-04-09 12:43 AM Khyron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : January 13, 2011
author : KenMierke
comments : 0
Learn the principles on how to lose weight and keep it off. These 10 commandments will help keep you at a healthy weight for life.
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : October 8, 2007
author : AMSSM
Is it ever advisable to try to lose muscle mass? I've been struggling with a cycle of training to lose weight or rehabilitate some minor injury and only gaining muscle, which adds to my weight.
date : August 17, 2007
author : mars
comments : 4
Remeber why we do this, we all have our reasons. I had trained for six months, and it was now time to actually do my first sprint triathlon.

date : April 12, 2007
author : acbadger
We’re going to discuss, really, how simple it is to lose weight if you have the right weight loss information. I’m going to give you a few weapons to put into your weight loss arsenal in this segment.
date : September 3, 2006
author : fatboy38
comments : 10
I've come a long way in one year; 85 pounds lost and fitness gained. I think I feel truly alive for the first time in a long time.

date : June 5, 2006
author : mrakes1
In spite of blaming metabolism for your body type or holding your genetics at fault, anyone can lose weight.