Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor: Blood vs. Water Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2013-10-10 9:02 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Survivor: Blood vs. Water

Brad... "I'm not mad just so you know... who cares, I just voted you out. And two, yes you are. You would not be the guy you are if you were not pssed.

Tyson and what's his name... what's up with the coconuts? I mean are they actually stealing other's share, or are they just going out and getting coconuts? Weird.

Good move from Caleb. Why not?

2013-10-10 11:02 AM

Veteran
Minnesota
I don't know if it was a good more or not by Caleb. I guess only time will tell. As one of his allies, I would be pissed. It shows he can't be trusted, acts rashly, and makes emotional decisions. He basically told his alliance "screw you and OUR plan, I am doing what I want!" Why- because Culpepper pointed out that it Caleb doesn't have family in the other tribe??? A complete overreaction IMO. If you want Culpepper out, then just vote him out with your alliance.

Maybe it works out for him and he is seen as a hero for taking Culpepper out.
2013-10-10 12:06 PM
in reply to: TriJedi

User image

Elite

Originally posted by TriJedi I don't know if it was a good more or not by Caleb. I guess only time will tell. As one of his allies, I would be pissed. It shows he can't be trusted, acts rashly, and makes emotional decisions. He basically told his alliance "screw you and OUR plan, I am doing what I want!" Why- because Culpepper pointed out that it Caleb doesn't have family in the other tribe??? A complete overreaction IMO. If you want Culpepper out, then just vote him out with your alliance. Maybe it works out for him and he is seen as a hero for taking Culpepper out.

Yet Cullpepper did the exact same thing. Stuck a knife in Johns back. It's a game. Brad said in public what he thought, and Caleb said in public... well then let's settle it. As far as the move, we will see whether it was good or bad for Caleb... but shady... in Survivor... against Brad??? I don't see it.

2013-10-10 12:22 PM

User image

Originally posted by powerman

Originally posted by TriJedi I don't know if it was a good more or not by Caleb. I guess only time will tell. As one of his allies, I would be pissed. It shows he can't be trusted, acts rashly, and makes emotional decisions. He basically told his alliance "screw you and OUR plan, I am doing what I want!" Why- because Culpepper pointed out that it Caleb doesn't have family in the other tribe??? A complete overreaction IMO. If you want Culpepper out, then just vote him out with your alliance. Maybe it works out for him and he is seen as a hero for taking Culpepper out.

Yet Cullpepper did the exact same thing. Stuck a knife in Johns back. It's a game. Brad said in public what he thought, and Caleb said in public... well then let's settle it. As far as the move, we will see whether it was good or bad for Caleb... but shady... in Survivor... against Brad??? I don't see it.

Exactly...  Culpepper gave them the signal that the "alliance" was BS when he went after John.  The only ally that ultimately went against Caleb was big brother dude.

I love love LOVE when players put it out there at tribal and throw monkey wrenches into the plan.  However, with ciera and what's her name.... Not that they were winning any challenges before, but they better hope there are mental challenges comingup (and even then, only gives them a shot).  Ciera and whatshername are basically dead weight.  Agree that we don't know yet whether it's a good move.  And I know it's editing, but from the preview, these people watch the show long enough to know that when they make one move, call themselves "kahuna" or tribe leader, they know they're dead meat. 

Culpepper is an idiot as far as game playing goes.  The whole contrition thing to his tribe and then John/Candace on redemption is going to be seen for what it is.

2013-10-10 12:23 PM

Master
Memphis, TN

Originally posted by Jtiger Colton had an interview and basically said that he knew he had no shot at winning but he didn't want to ruin it for his SO Caleb. He said that he knew the longer he was there he was hurting Caleb's chances at winning. Then he said the reason Probst was so mad was because when Probst asked him a question all he could say was "I don't know" because he didn't want to reveal his real reason for quitting was to prop up Caleb, which got edited out. I guess that makes sense if that is the truth but who knows what to believe? It was 7 days but it I realize it's a REALLY long 7 days out there. Then again the others seem to be holding it together fairly well.

ORRRRR... you could actually dislodge your head from your rectum long enough to act like an adult play the game like a human being. Just a thought.

I have a hard time believing Colton has a single selfless bone in his body.

I agree. However it is what the man said. I think when you go through something the first time it's new and exciting to you and the next time you know how much pain there is going to be.

I feel the same way every time I ride a century ride. The first time it was new and exciting and you were hurting but it didn't matter. The next few you know exactly how much more pain there is the next 40 miles.

Maybe that is the case here, he remembered how much it sucked and didn't want to go through it. He wrapped it around his love for his man. Maybe he's sincere but maybe not.

I gotta tell you I really like Caleb now. Not his taste in men but he's a solid player.
2013-10-10 12:55 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I'm a big fan of big moves!

It's kind of moot now, but I didn't really understand why Brad wanted to eliminate players without a loved one.  As Jeff said, wouldn't a player without a loved one be valuable because they are free agents?    I hope Brad gets spanked in RI.

I liked Monica last time, and still do.  It's a shame her husband is such a tool (or, so it seems...).    I thought it was hysterical that Gervase had to remind her that people act differently when they are on Survivor.  Um, I hope so!

It seems to me that there are a zillion coconuts available for the taking, so I don't get the big deal with what Gervase and Tyson were doing other than for comedic effect.  Which, honestly, was welcomed by me at that point.

2013-10-10 3:30 PM

Veteran
Minnesota

I think you missed the point of my post, except that I said twice we don't know whether it was a good move or not. I never said the move was shady (I would have thought it was a great move if he blindsided him). I don't really care if if was Culpepper or not. My comments weren't really about Culpepper, but about Caleb actions and his alliance. The "WTH, are you really doing this?!?!?!" reactions from his alliance said a lot. And the first vote showed they stuck with the plan. Sometimes it is not about what you do, but how you do it--and Caleb left his alliance hanging in a bad way.

2013-10-10 6:12 PM
in reply to: TriJedi

User image

Elite
The season's been pretty good so far.
While Culpepper's actions definitely backfired, I enjoy watching him play. With Culpepper you know what ya get. He's an ex-NFL guy, an alpha male.
I will enjoy watching Candace getting booted out. Her hubby's a nice guy, but seems to be kind of a welp. She's just not very classy in my opinion. Her flipping the bird to Culpepper was very low brow in my opinion.
Good stuff so far.
2013-10-11 9:03 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I think it will really get interesting if Monica and Brad trade places at RI? I think it is pretty safe to say that Monica can't win Survivor, so it could be interesting if she changes places with him and he goes to the other side!

Also, I like Tyson as much as anyone, but why is everyone giving him the win or acting like he is the lead dog from that tribe? Have I missed something that is making him stand out???? All I have seen is him stealing cocomuts with Gervais, which I can;t imagine will go over well once it is found out.

2013-10-11 10:54 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy The season's been pretty good so far. While Culpepper's actions definitely backfired, I enjoy watching him play. With Culpepper you know what ya get. He's an ex-NFL guy, an alpha male. I will enjoy watching Candace getting booted out. Her hubby's a nice guy, but seems to be kind of a welp. She's just not very classy in my opinion. Her flipping the bird to Culpepper was very low brow in my opinion. Good stuff so far.

I agree.  Just all of that just turned me off.  Lost a LOT of respect.

• Give the bird
  • Going on and on about Brad
  • Talking crap then saying HER husband would kick his butt.
  • Telling her husband what to do then mocking Monica to listening the Brad

In general, women who talk a lot of smack KNOWING people don't hit girls then putting there husband/BF in the position to defend them or saying "my BF will beat you up" is gross to me.

To top it all off, she never dealt with BC first hand.  It's all hearsay.

As for Brad, he's coming from the NFL career.  Those guys are FAR from subtle.  It's a lot of "might makes right", good old boys club, etc.  He was trying to play the game, but doesn't know how to fly low to the ground.  Pro athletes tend to be confident (over confident) and charismatic/flamboyant.  You almost need some of that to become a pro.  That just doesn't work in this game.

I do wonder what fallout this causes for Monica.  Also looking forward to see if she trades spaces with him.  Bad move in my mind, his hand has been dealt and he's not going to be able to turn that around.

2013-10-11 11:40 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Originally posted by Kido

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy The season's been pretty good so far. While Culpepper's actions definitely backfired, I enjoy watching him play. With Culpepper you know what ya get. He's an ex-NFL guy, an alpha male. I will enjoy watching Candace getting booted out. Her hubby's a nice guy, but seems to be kind of a welp. She's just not very classy in my opinion. Her flipping the bird to Culpepper was very low brow in my opinion. Good stuff so far.

• Give the bird

In general, women who talk a lot of smack KNOWING people don't hit girls then putting there husband/BF in the position to defend them or saying "my BF will beat you up" is gross to me.

As for Brad, he's coming from the NFL career.  Those guys are FAR from subtle.  It's a lot of "might makes right", good old boys club, etc.  He was trying to play the game, but doesn't know how to fly low to the ground.  Pro athletes tend to be confident (over confident) and charismatic/flamboyant.  You almost need some of that to become a pro.  That just doesn't work in this game.

I do wonder what fallout this causes for Monica.  Also looking forward to see if she trades spaces with him.  Bad move in my mind, his hand has been dealt and he's not going to be able to turn that around.

Then again, Candace is the best looking girl left (not that she is fantastic, but she's on top, even over monica who looks a little... gaunt ... this season).

So there's that.

2013-10-11 12:11 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Elite
Originally posted by jford2309

Also, I like Tyson as much as anyone, but why is everyone giving him the win or acting like he is the lead dog from that tribe? Have I missed something that is making him stand out???? All I have seen is him stealing cocomuts with Gervais, which I can;t imagine will go over well once it is found out.

You and me both. The last time he played he made one of the dumbest moves ever. He was not that big of a factor other than that, and this season is not much different.

2013-10-12 8:05 AM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by ChrisM

Originally posted by Kido

• Give the bird

Then again, Candace is the best looking girl left (not that she is fantastic, but she's on top, even over monica who looks a little... gaunt ... this season).

So there's that.

Chris, you know I'm all about having beautiful women on this show, but Candace's actions (as Kido summarized thoroughly) just totally take away from her looks. I am left shaking my head witnessing that kind of behavior from a doctor. I know I shouldn't expect any professional to be professional 24/7 in and out of their work environment, but sheesh! Her hubby seems like a nice guy too...funny how that can happen.

2013-10-14 7:04 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Chris, you know I'm all about having beautiful women on this show, but Candace's actions (as Kido summarized thoroughly) just totally take away from her looks. I am left shaking my head witnessing that kind of behavior from a doctor. I know I shouldn't expect any professional to be professional 24/7 in and out of their work environment, but sheesh! Her hubby seems like a nice guy too...funny how that can happen.

I'll jump on that Candice grenade for you chief. I'm a team player.
2013-10-21 1:14 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

I cannot believe Candace lost to Brad!  Looks like it was really close...bummer....

Glad to see the new players win a challenge finally....and I would expect nothing less than a blind side from the returning players...they would never take the easy vote this early!

2013-10-21 3:23 PM

User image

Originally posted by Jtiger
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Chris, you know I'm all about having beautiful women on this show, but Candace's actions (as Kido summarized thoroughly) just totally take away from her looks. I am left shaking my head witnessing that kind of behavior from a doctor. I know I shouldn't expect any professional to be professional 24/7 in and out of their work environment, but sheesh! Her hubby seems like a nice guy too...funny how that can happen.

I was trying to think of a witty response but can't compete with such a masterful post as this. 

2013-10-21 3:29 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Was there a show?  I didn't see in on my DVR (or missed it, which could have happened).  It usually records.  I can watch online if I did miss it.

2013-10-22 6:59 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by ChrisM

Originally posted by Jtiger
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Chris, you know I'm all about having beautiful women on this show, but Candace's actions (as Kido summarized thoroughly) just totally take away from her looks. I am left shaking my head witnessing that kind of behavior from a doctor. I know I shouldn't expect any professional to be professional 24/7 in and out of their work environment, but sheesh! Her hubby seems like a nice guy too...funny how that can happen.

I was trying to think of a witty response but can't compete with such a masterful post as this. 

Welcome to the internetz and useless message board forums

good times
2013-10-25 7:31 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Good episode this week. Swap had to happen and it leaves the teams lopsided as far as "strength" is concerned with guys vs. girls. Maybe more puzzle challenges to even things out.

So glad Kat is gone. She annoyed me in her original season and she annoyed me in this one. Maybe it's the immaturity level. The daughters seem to be more mature than Kat or her "command" of the language being on par with Brad. He'll never live that first episode down.

At least the coconut bandits are still together.
2013-10-25 9:40 AM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Jtiger Good episode this week. Swap had to happen and it leaves the teams lopsided as far as "strength" is concerned with guys vs. girls. Maybe more puzzle challenges to even things out. So glad Kat is gone. She annoyed me in her original season and she annoyed me in this one. Maybe it's the immaturity level. The daughters seem to be more mature than Kat or her "command" of the language being on par with Brad. He'll never live that first episode down. At least the coconut bandits are still together.

Kat just didn't know when to shut up. Aris...or the only guy on that team used everything he had. I do not really think he "won" that argument, but he is still in the game.

They can't change the challenges just because the teams are lop sided strength wise. They are set in stone so nobody has a claim to calling foul. As the show progresses there is less strength challenges... who knows, maybe more mental challenges were planned just incase this very thing happened. 

for Tyson and other dude to still be together is a big deal for them. And the Mother daughter team you would think has to go... they are the only ones playing with their partner... big advantage perhaps. 

2013-10-26 3:02 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Definitely not sad to see Kat go.  That girl is SO clueless as her "after" comments revealed...worried her boy friend won't want to date her because she didn't make the MERGE?  Is she that superficial????

I did think it was interesting how "lopsided" the teams ended up.  But the "girls" team did almost pull out the win after that big snafu...amazing.

That redemption island challenge was a bit weak...putting tiles in order?  It should have been an actual puzzle...it was very very close at the end...just like last time the loser lost by seconds. :-(

2013-11-01 7:25 AM
in reply to: jldicarlo

Master
Memphis, TN
Good episode this week. What was Kat even doing back other than being the token dumb blonde?

No surprise she went home against John and Laura at RI on a puzzle challenge but it was uncomfortable to watch her cry about getting dumped by Hayden if she lost. Then Probst all but daring him to switch.

Then we come to Monica. It seems she is going a little paranoid and not playing the long game. She is cutting anyone that might not go along with her way of playing. Dangerous way of playing by keeping Vytas around with merge coming up and Vytas getting "friendly" with Katie. That is two couples that could team up to go to the final four. Bad move Monica. Sounds like the coconut bandits were ready to cut Aras as soon as they had the chance on their side.

It's easy to sit on the couch and say that the player should have done this or that considering we have the luxury of editing and seeing the other camp. I know it's hard out there and they are in a constant state of survival for food and in the game so I don't judge any of them for their decisions.

2013-11-01 10:58 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

It is hard to watch Kat, but mostly I feel sorry for her. Her self-esteem is rock bottom and the only reason her boyfriend would leave her is that he is probably exhausted from taking care of her.  It was so sad when she said "I'm not going to win at a puzzle, I can't even spell!"  Wow.   She actually was doing fine with the puzzle and I sort of wished someone would have said "Hey, you CAN do this."    She needs a lot of therapy.  She probably has a learning disability.

Not voting off Vytas was a tragic mistake.  Not only is he a threat, no one ever would have voted for Laura B at the end if she makes the finale.  No one ever.  DUMB.  Also, while its good early on to keep some strong phyical players, we're so close to the merge who cares.

I can't stop looking at Monica's skin.  How is it so perfect?   I'd be a terrible mess.

I agree, it's easy to say from our perspective I guess.

2013-11-01 12:26 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

It is hard to watch Kat, but mostly I feel sorry for her. Her self-esteem is rock bottom and the only reason her boyfriend would leave her is that he is probably exhausted from taking care of her.  It was so sad when she said "I'm not going to win at a puzzle, I can't even spell!"  Wow.   She actually was doing fine with the puzzle and I sort of wished someone would have said "Hey, you CAN do this."    She needs a lot of therapy.  She probably has a learning disability.

Not voting off Vytas was a tragic mistake.  Not only is he a threat, no one ever would have voted for Laura B at the end if she makes the finale.  No one ever.  DUMB.  Also, while its good early on to keep some strong phyical players, we're so close to the merge who cares.

I can't stop looking at Monica's skin.  How is it so perfect?   I'd be a terrible mess.

I agree, it's easy to say from our perspective I guess.

Yes, so hard for me in fact that I just shut it off. As soon as Monica cornered her about what she said to Tina I couldn't watch anymore.

And I have noticed Monica's skin also. No fine lines, age spots, wrinkles.

2013-11-01 12:42 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Elite

Kat lost when she woke up that morning. Maybe she was PMSing. who knows... stress of the game, and she comes unglued. Pretty ridiculous. And Hayden most certainly should not have switched... no way Kay wins in a million years.

Yes Vitas is a big huge threat with his brother there... but Laura B.... are you kidding me???? Who in Survivor history has NOT been voted off doing some stupid unpredictable crap like that. "Assuming a more leadership role"??? Ya, that means assuming a voted off role usually. Dumb, dumb, dumb move.... with pretty much zero to gain from it... I mean it wasn't even a risky move for some great reward... just nothing but risk.

Tyson finally came out. I have never been impressed by him, but he did start playing. He is playing pretty well right now.

Regardless.... the two brothers are huge threats, and everyone on both sides agrees they have to go, merge or not. One of them will be leaving soon.

... Unless of course someone else opens their big mouths and convinces them to do them instead.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor: Blood vs. Water Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Survivor Heros vs Villains 25 Feb 2010

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1156 Posts: 17

2010-02-28 9:08 PM JBrashear

Survivor heroes vs villains.....Surviving Survivor

Views: 998 Posts: 2

2010-02-04 11:12 PM jldicarlo

Survivor Fans vs Favorites

Views: 946 Posts: 10

2008-05-13 2:58 PM run4yrlif

Survivor Fans vs Favorites

Views: 986 Posts: 6

2008-02-15 5:39 PM Triboy77

Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...

Started by toppings17
Views: 1237 Posts: 3

2004-05-12 5:28 PM toppings17
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon
date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.
date : December 12, 2004
author : CLLinIA
comments : 1
What you can do to clean up your local swimming hole and keep it clean!

date : September 19, 2004
author : malvey
The next time you see one of your kids or grandkids, look deep into their eyes and know that they would give anything to have you around for five, ten fifteen, or even twenty more years.