Other Resources Challenge Me! » September Running Challenge! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2013-09-26 8:27 AM
in reply to: wgraves7582

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Subject: RE: September Running Challenge!
13 miles this morning.  Had to do my long run during the week, since I'm going to Augusta this weekend to watch my brother and a few friends race the HIM.  I'm going to need a lot of caffeine today....

2013-09-26 11:24 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by msteiner 13 miles this morning.  Had to do my long run during the week, since I'm going to Augusta this weekend to watch my brother and a few friends race the HIM.  I'm going to need a lot of caffeine today....

Sounds like a great time, Matt! Good look to them!

Waita' get the long run in early. That isn't always easy to do.

2013-09-26 11:45 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

Today 14.5 miles

AM 6.5 Purpose: recovery

PM 8 Purpose: base milage, hilly route focusing on being mindful of form and footfalls

2013-09-26 12:58 PM

User image

Seattle

Dear Steve, 

that's Usain Bolt. He may be a little faster than us but you totally have him in the ability to sport the Lederhosen. 

2013-09-26 1:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by msteiner 13 miles this morning.  Had to do my long run during the week, since I'm going to Augusta this weekend to watch my brother and a few friends race the HIM.  I'm going to need a lot of caffeine today....

The next challenge will be getting my other runs in during the weekend.

2013-09-26 6:38 PM

User image

6.1 miles today, purpose was to see if going past 5 miles would make my foot hurt worse and it did not.

2013-09-26 8:18 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by msteiner

WTG on getting that long done early. Good luck to your brother. We have a lot of people from this area going to that race. I hope my hubby will one of them next year. And then if I can start learning to ride Bronco (my bike), I'd like to be there maybe 2015.

Tell your brother that's the run course is flat, flat, flat. And the current of the river is so fast, a log thrown in would make the cutoff time. They say it's just wonderful. And he should backstroke when going under the bridge so he can see all of the people cheering him on.

Edited by Pink Socks 2013-09-26 8:20 PM
2013-09-26 8:26 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
PM run of 4.8. Purpose: enjoy the fall-like weather, tempo, double today so I can sleep later tomorrow. It was a glorious run - one of those where I felt like I was finally getting it. Then on the cooldown home, my legs felt wonky. Oh Goodness, I hope I didn't fart myself up by trying to move the run up a day. The plan was to move one of Saturday triples to tomorrow evening and then do doubles Sunday. I'll have to see.
2013-09-26 8:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Originally posted by Pink Socks

WTG on getting that long done early. Good luck to your brother. We have a lot of people from this area going to that race. I hope my hubby will one of them next year. And then if I can start learning to ride Bronco (my bike), I'd like to be there maybe 2015. Tell your brother that's the run course is flat, flat, flat. And the current of the river is so fast, a log thrown in would make the cutoff time. They say it's just wonderful. And he should backstroke when going under the bridge so he can see all of the people cheering him on.

Yeah I've seen enough info on the race to see that it's a fast course.  Another guy from our area doing is someone who makes me feel slow.  He's in my AG (25-29), and is definitely in the running for a WC slot.

2013-09-27 7:56 AM

User image

New user

13 miles this morning.  Had to do my long run during the week, since I'm going to Augusta this weekend to watch my brother and a few friends race the HIM.  I'm going to need a lot of caffeine today....

Great job getting that run in during the week! That is a really long run mid week.
2013-09-27 7:58 AM
in reply to: Chunga

User image

New user
6 miles yesterday, mid week base miles. I have an 11 miler this Sunday to mentally prepare for!
I have really enjoyed this run challenge, thanks Salty!

2013-09-27 10:00 AM

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Did a 1 mile WU and a 5 mile tempo-type run yesterday. There was a pretty stiff breeze coming off the coast and it slowed me one way, but got the glorious tail wind the other. It was one of my fastest mile splits this training cycle. Then did 8 strides in my ever-continuing attempt to get my legs to turn over faster. Maybe should have done these more frequently, but I'll do them after both mid-week runs coming into the marathon. 

Nice job everyone. That August HIM sounds like a good one!

Nice new avatar Adrienne. 

Smile

2013-09-27 11:59 AM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Chunga 6 miles yesterday, mid week base miles. I have an 11 miler this Sunday to mentally prepare for! I have really enjoyed this run challenge, thanks Salty!

Yaaaaay, glad you enjoyed it! Great job! And have fun with the 11-miler. Plan a route where you can see something cool while you run. I love doing that and it makes the time fly by

2013-09-27 12:02 PM
in reply to: lmscozz

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by lmscozz

Did a 1 mile WU and a 5 mile tempo-type run yesterday. There was a pretty stiff breeze coming off the coast and it slowed me one way, but got the glorious tail wind the other. It was one of my fastest mile splits this training cycle. Then did 8 strides in my ever-continuing attempt to get my legs to turn over faster. Maybe should have done these more frequently, but I'll do them after both mid-week runs coming into the marathon. 

Nice job everyone. That August HIM sounds like a good one!

Nice new avatar Adrienne. 

Smile

Awesome! Yeah, strides are nice to do after a lot of easy runs. Especially during marathon training when you are doing a lot of easier running.

I am really looking forward to hearing all about Chicago!!!!

And thanks Smile

2013-09-27 12:15 PM

User image

Seattle

Today, 8 miles. All recovery-ish

AM: 6

PM: 2ish

I was really sore and a little beat down this morning but the active recovery really helped. 

2013-09-27 2:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5.8 miles: Foundation run.  

2013-09-27 3:36 PM

User image

2.1 miles, sicker than a dog with a chest cold and having trouble breathing. Purpose keep my 674 day running streak alive.
2013-09-27 6:35 PM
in reply to: navbtcret

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Hope you feel better soon, navbtcret. Great job everyone else!

'Xactly as I feared last night - I've got some major pains today. Rest day and I'm going to stretch. Hope to get that triple this weekend but I've got to be smart about it.
2013-09-28 12:33 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by popsracer

Repeats, Purpose speed and economy

1.5 mile wu

8 x 200 @ :45

1.5 mile cd

Feeling ready for your marathon? How do you format your taper? 

I've been out of town for a few days and am catching up.

Ran 6 miles today.  Stopped at Green Lake in Seattle on the way home which is one of my favorite runs.  Purpose was along the lines of an LT run.

I'm feeling pretty ready for the marathon but I've run five in the last year and a half with none of them ended well.  I can't figure it out.  I've been hydrating more on my long run and that seems to have helped.  We'll see.  Don't feel like I've been pushing hard enough to require much of a taper.  Probably keep with the normal routine until Thursday and Friday then either rest or very easy.

2013-09-28 12:41 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Chunga 6 miles yesterday, mid week base miles. I have an 11 miler this Sunday to mentally prepare for! I have really enjoyed this run challenge, thanks Salty!

Nice job on the 6 and good luck on the 11 miler.  Do you have a plan for hydration and maybe some nutrition?  Long runs like that are a great time to work on those things.

2013-09-28 2:05 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
13 miles.  Purpose M pace race prep.  Work on pacing, hydration, nutrition.  It was a fail.  Pace was right on but I felt horrible.  Next week is not going to be pretty.  When I slow down I think I lose all my running economy.  I felt way better last week 20 seconds per mile faster.  I'm thinking of running my marathon at the faster pace and then putting in walk breaks

2013-09-28 2:22 PM

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Originally posted by popsracer 13 miles.  Purpose M pace race prep.  Work on pacing, hydration, nutrition.  It was a fail.  Pace was right on but I felt horrible.  Next week is not going to be pretty.  When I slow down I think I lose all my running economy.  I felt way better last week 20 seconds per mile faster.  I'm thinking of running my marathon at the faster pace and then putting in walk breaks

Sometimes my sh*tiest runs are right before a race. Maybe that's the case with you? Anyhow--give your body the recovery it deserves to tear it up next weekend. :-)

2013-09-28 2:23 PM

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Originally posted by Pink Socks Hope you feel better soon, navbtcret. Great job everyone else! 'Xactly as I feared last night - I've got some major pains today. Rest day and I'm going to stretch. Hope to get that triple this weekend but I've got to be smart about it.

Yes, being smart pays off. No injuries--for any of us. 

2013-09-28 2:27 PM

User image

Seattle
Raining cats and dogs here today! WU - 3.5 miles at 6:30 - jogging - 2 x 1.2 miles XC loop HARD I had to shed all my clothes but shorts and sports bra because We were drenched! Did a cool down loop in my spikes as a course preview. Purpose Tempo with hard finish
2013-09-28 2:29 PM
in reply to: lmscozz

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Ran 13 miles today as I taper down for Oct. 13th marathon. This was probably one of my worst runs lately as far as how I felt. My legs were like lead and my right hip flexor was screaming. I managed to ignore it and I did stop and walk it out and stretch it out a bit. I had a deep tissue massage on Thursday, so that might have something to do with it. I'm a bit paranoid about staying healthy going into this.

Purpose: Stay upright for 13 miles, practice hydration, form and nutrition. Results? I felt like I was going to bonk early on so I had some honey stingers and 1/2 a gel around mile 9. I just wasn't that hungry this morning so I started with a less than 1/2 tank. But, it's done. 

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » September Running Challenge! Rss Feed  

of 22

RELATED POSTS

Ephs Team Thread (September Run Challenge) Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by WaterDog66
Views: 11750 Posts: 195

2008-10-06 7:44 PM Parkerr815

September - Swim and Bike challenge for Fall Tri's Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by Donto
Views: 17937 Posts: 281

2007-10-08 7:24 AM lastcall2003

September Swim-Bike challenge?

Started by Donto
Views: 2482 Posts: 24

2007-09-01 11:44 AM D001

September challenge anyone ??????????? Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by shawn barr
Views: 9257 Posts: 136

2006-09-09 7:38 AM ott13979

Mid September challenge?

Started by agaliza
Views: 1357 Posts: 5

2005-09-24 8:57 AM Andrea
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!
date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.

date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.
date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...