LHOTP
Subject: RE: I like it
2013-08-30 8:11 AM
in reply to: ScudRunner

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I won't necessarily say I like it, but I have changed a lot when it comes to my opinion about legalizing drugs. 

So, I'm OK with it. 

2013-08-30 8:12 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Do the feds actually ever enforce anything???  Just par for the course, Immigration, Gun Laws, now Pot.  Seems like it might be a good time to actually get some laws off the books if we aren't going to enforce them. 

I am neither for or against this particular law, but I can tell you that being in downtown Denver sucks when you smell Pot where ever you go.  Especially when running on the trails.  And last week when I was driving, pulled up to the corner and smelled pot, looked over an in the car next to me there was a guy smoking a Bong.  Yeah, this makes sense.

2013-08-30 11:07 AM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Elite
Originally posted by velocomp

Do the feds actually ever enforce anything???  Just par for the course, Immigration, Gun Laws, now Pot.  Seems like it might be a good time to actually get some laws off the books if we aren't going to enforce them. 

I am neither for or against this particular law, but I can tell you that being in downtown Denver sucks when you smell Pot where ever you go.  Especially when running on the trails.  And last week when I was driving, pulled up to the corner and smelled pot, looked over an in the car next to me there was a guy smoking a Bong.  Yeah, this makes sense.

They have a lot to work out. It should not be any different that alcohol... I can't just walk down the street and drink. I have no idea why thy have no put usage laws into effect. It would be really simple to say, OK, just put all these in place.

And they have been wrangling with DUI limits. I most certainly AGREE there needs to be some. Why in the world people think just because they can legalize it it does not have any limitations is beyond me. But the limits and tests have to be accurate and consistent.

The only thing that is "legal" at this point is it is legal to "posses" it. That is not free reign to do what ever, where ever.

2013-08-30 1:49 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by powerman

They have a lot to work out. It should not be any different that alcohol... I can't just walk down the street and drink. I have no idea why thy have no put usage laws into effect. It would be really simple to say, OK, just put all these in place.

And they have been wrangling with DUI limits. I most certainly AGREE there needs to be some. Why in the world people think just because they can legalize it it does not have any limitations is beyond me. But the limits and tests have to be accurate and consistent.

The only thing that is "legal" at this point is it is legal to "posses" it. That is not free reign to do what ever, where ever.

Right, so people doing what Velo doesn't like are, in fact, breaking the law. And there is no wrangling on DUI limits with regard to marijuana in Colorado, they passed a law earlier this year defining it.

2013-08-30 2:46 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Seattle
I was very happy to read this yesterday!
2013-08-30 11:30 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Elite
Originally posted by mr2tony
Originally posted by powerman

Right, so people doing what Velo doesn't like are, in fact, breaking the law. And there is no wrangling on DUI limits with regard to marijuana in Colorado, they passed a law earlier this year defining it.

I'm sure you know I have no problem with it. I voted yes. But I also don't understand idiots. I forgot they finally passed the DUI limit. That in itself is a tough one. there are some inconsistencies to it. It should actually mean you are impaired. And there seems to be a much wider range of people who are and are not impaired, especially at that limit. But they could always bust people before on appearance and indicators alone.

But I do not have a problem smelling it any more than I do seeing drunks stagger out of a bar.

2013-09-04 9:30 PM

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
will be interesting if legalization happens nation wide.  everyone is looking as this from a drug/narcotic/stimulant viewpoint and not textile.  the whole reason it was banned to begin with was becuase dupont didn't like that it was a much better fiber than any synthetic they could make, so they lobbied it to be illegal.  not sure how it ranks up there now, but im sure tobacco farmers in NC would love to cash in on a new crop.
2013-09-04 11:03 PM
in reply to: Clempson

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Clempson will be interesting if legalization happens nation wide.  everyone is looking as this from a drug/narcotic/stimulant viewpoint and not textile.  the whole reason it was banned to begin with was becuase dupont didn't like that it was a much better fiber than any synthetic they could make, so they lobbied it to be illegal.  not sure how it ranks up there now, but im sure tobacco farmers in NC would love to cash in on a new crop.

Cotton is sort of a big thing.

Now Mexicans... well, they just had to go... along with the Chinesse. And the blacks liked cocaine... it didn't matter that is was whites supplying them to increase productivity. Racism was pretty much the driving factor with all the "undesirables" getting "crazy".

Marijuana laws began in 1906. Nylon was not invented till 1935. Dupont made gun powder up till then. Industrial uses of canabis was included in the Stamp Act of 1937. Hemp can easily be removed from the list without legalizing weed. The cotton industry would probably have a problem with that.

2013-09-05 12:41 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

It has been my experience that marijuana enhances the effects of alcohol on impaired driving......drastically.

I have not seen dangerously impaired driving from marijuana alone....or maybe it would be better to state that it doesn't come close to the level of alcohol impairment.

Still, that being said, I think the prudent decision on both counts would be zero tolerance.  NO driving at all under ANY influence of alcohol or marijuana......or drugs of any type for that matter.

That's pretty easy to understand and enforce.....and all goals get accomplished.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-09-05 12:42 AM

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » I like it Rss Feed