General Discussion Triathlon Talk » rest with blistered sunburn? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-25 11:41 AM

User image

Regular
Madison, Wisconsin
Subject: rest with blistered sunburn?

So I tried a trial packet of Bull Frog SPF 36 for a 1/2 IM last Sunday and it failed miserably. It probably sat in my bag too long and separated out. I am not blaming the product but have a question about the burn I received.

I have two small patches of blistered skin (1 inch by 4 inches) on both shoulders. I am using some aloe and sulfadiazine ointments. The skin is still closed. My question is, do I rest and not sweat to make the blisters worse? How long should I rest?

Thanks for all your help.

2006-07-25 11:49 AM
in reply to: #492574

User image

Master
New York
Subject: RE: rest with blistered sunburn?
Much the same thing happened to me about 7 weeks ago - I went for a 3hr ride in 90 degree sunny weather, and decided I didn't need to wear sunscreen (I still have the funky tri-jersey reverse tan on my back). It blistered up, and I was forced to take about 3 days or so off, until I eased myself back in. I was only in the pool for the next week, giving the blisters time to heal up a bit. I would recommend not doing much, at least until the blisters have opened a bit, and fresh skin has started to come in. May be overly cautious, but that's just me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » rest with blistered sunburn? Rss Feed