General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rash guard shirts vs. polyester tech shirts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-23 8:23 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Rash guard shirts vs. polyester tech shirts
If they are different, how are these two shirts different?

I ask becuase I'll be taking a trip to the tropics, and I have tons of long-sleeved and short-sleeved tech shirts already. I wanted something for boating, snorkeling, etc. to avoid too much sunscreen usage or for when I get a bit burned, if I do.

2013-09-23 11:56 AM
in reply to: DannyII

User image

Veteran
Carolina Beach
Subject: RE: Rash guard shirts vs. polyester tech shirts
I have been using the tech shirts from Wal-Mart and Target for a few years and have found them to be as effective as a rash guard. I live in Carolina Beach, NC and I surf alot and I have never had any problems with them. I keep a drawer full of them for running as well as surfing. I have taken a liking to the loose fitting ones as a fishing shirt too. They are far cheaper and I get about the same milage out of them as I would a surf industry brand rash guard. The only thing I suggest is that you check the label to ensure it provides some SPF. Most rash guards at the surf shop are in the $35 to $50 range. I've found the tech shirts at Target for as low as $11 for the long sleeve and $8 for the short sleeve.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rash guard shirts vs. polyester tech shirts Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tech shirts and dryers

Started by ChrisM
Views: 1596 Posts: 11

2013-04-10 8:55 PM Tracker09

Sleeves vs long sleeve shirt

Started by maslowrun
Views: 907 Posts: 3

2012-05-14 2:14 AM Trath-L33T

racesuit VS shorts and shirt!!!!!!!

Started by Tri2leaRn
Views: 559 Posts: 1

2009-07-12 3:37 AM Tri2leaRn

Tech shirt supplier needed

Started by kappie72
Views: 709 Posts: 6

2008-06-25 1:35 PM LHablas

Race Belts vs. Donning Shirt Pages: 1 2

Started by AikiPapi
Views: 1584 Posts: 26

2005-08-18 10:03 PM ldybre
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : May 24, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on preventing over-rotation, free golf, strength and core training, the importance of the kick and high turnover vs low turnover.
date : September 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
New products from Athlete 3, Fuji, Garmin, Kestrel, LiveStrong, Reynolds, Scott, Specialized, Shimano and Vision Tech

date : September 27, 2009
author : Coach AJ
New products from Descente, Vision Tech, Pearl Izumi, Saris, CamelBack, BlueSeventy, Blue, GU, Quarq and Shimano.
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : June 11, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 3
A brief history on aero bar evolution with a review on the bars that I own and love.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.