General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How tight should calf compression sleeves be? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-26 7:32 AM

Subject: How tight should calf compression sleeves be?
I just got my new CEP compression sleeves in the mail. I'm using them b/c I have a shin splint in my right leg and I don't want it to get any worse (I'm incorporating more rest days too, &c. &c.)
I'm wondering if I ordered a size too big. When I measured my calves, I was a size M rather than S, but only by half an inch.
The sleeve was somewhat but not very hard to get on, and once I had it on, it didn't feel super tight - I've heard so much about how crazy tight they feel at first, and I didn't have that experience.
Should I return them and order down a size even though I'm in the M size range?

Thanks in advance!!

2013-09-26 1:45 PM
in reply to: emcwil

Subject: RE: How tight should calf compression sleeves be?
bump
2013-10-04 12:21 PM
in reply to: emcwil

User image

Master
Nashville, TN
Subject: RE: How tight should calf compression sleeves be?
i would not size down like that, too much compression is not always good and your calf will expand as you exercise because of the blood and lactic acid
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How tight should calf compression sleeves be? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Quality calf compression sleeves?

Started by mbwallis
Views: 1350 Posts: 6

2013-07-17 10:37 AM austhokie

Compression calf sleeves - share the knowledge please?

Started by TriDB
Views: 4720 Posts: 16

2013-02-05 12:02 PM TriDB

Compression socks or compression sleeves

Started by mtx
Views: 3108 Posts: 10

2011-09-23 1:09 PM dnoble

Compression calves sleeves for tall persons....

Started by tigers75
Views: 970 Posts: 3

2011-02-27 10:00 PM alex jb

Compression Calf Sleeves

Started by amychris52
Views: 1100 Posts: 4

2011-01-17 2:32 PM ontrack
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 2, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Deep calf pain can be a tricky problem to deal with, and it’s appropriate that you are paying attention to this pain before it becomes a more debilitating injury.

date : August 5, 2010
comments : 4
Calf pain can have multiple causes. In your case, the most likely cause seems to be from a calf muscle strain. If you have had Achilles problems you can be predisposed to a calf injury.
date : January 5, 2009
When I was only a runner, I didn't have this issue. But now, going into my third year as a triathlete, my calves and occasionally my Achilles are tight and painful throughout most of my mileage.

date : January 5, 2009
I have a pain deep in my calf about five inches below the knee. A sports doctor did not feel anything wrong in the muscle, and there was no bruising. The tender spot can still be felt on massage.
date : November 11, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
Does compression clothing really work? Coach AJ was able to try out a line of compression wear by Skins during the 2008 Annual Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : January 2, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on sprint swim overdistance training, strength training, recovery after a marathon, core work importance, tight calves with new running gait and importance of a tri bike for an Ironman.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Team BT
Standing Calf Raises strength exercise instruction with picture and video.