General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Chattanooga here I come! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-27 2:03 PM

Subject: IM Chattanooga here I come!

Woooooo! I got in! 

The CCFA (Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America) had a charity slot open up, of course I took it! My brother in law has Crohn's, and if I can help bring research and awareness through my sweat and tears... pfft, no brainer LET'S DO THIS!

Woo, so excited (and nervous)! I did my first HIM earlier this month and that was fun! (in hindsight, not so much while suffering on the bike :D )

Yay yay yay, happy dance...

28 Sept 2014, One-hundred forty-six POINT six miles! $5k to raise between now and then

Edited by Major Ho 2013-09-27 2:04 PM

2013-09-27 2:19 PM
in reply to: Major Ho

User image

Chicago, IL
Subject: RE: IM Chattanooga here I come!
That's awesome.
I also have Crohn's (diagnosed 2007), and any effort to raise awareness or seek a cure gets my full support. A lot of my people don't fully appreciate how traumatic the condition can be.

Thank you!

Post a link to your fundraising site.
2013-09-28 7:09 AM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

Sure thing. I just didnt want to be that guy and shove the charity aspect in everyone's faces.

Anyone here from the Tennessee Chattanooga area?

Any insight on the city and accommodations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wondering if it's better to be as close to the race site as possible or go a bit further out from the city central?

We'd probably be staying for a few days before and after the race is my guess.

2013-09-28 5:36 PM

User image

whee!!! we are now technically less than a year out...this time next year, we should all be on the run portion
2013-09-28 8:06 PM

User image

Pro
Burbs
Awesome! Enjoy the journey
2013-09-29 4:04 AM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

, Alabama
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

That's awesome.
I also have Crohn's (diagnosed 2007), and any effort to raise awareness or seek a cure gets my full support. A lot of my people don't fully appreciate how traumatic the condition can be.

Thank you!

Post a link to your fundraising site.

Well done to the OP, a great charity to support. My 14 year old son has crohns, diagnosed 2 years ago. Paul I notice you as a fellow "crohnie" are a IM Louisville finisher, I shall be using you as inspiration for him if you don't mind. He is interested in triathlon and is a keen swimmer. We have just entered him for his first kids triathlon to be held next May. I shall be pointing you out to him to show that he should never allow his crohns to hold him back, so thank you for being an inspiration!

2013-09-30 3:39 PM
in reply to: NMS

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by NMS
Originally posted by Brit Abroad That's awesome. I also have Crohn's (diagnosed 2007), and any effort to raise awareness or seek a cure gets my full support. A lot of my people don't fully appreciate how traumatic the condition can be. Thank you! Post a link to your fundraising site.
Well done to the OP, a great charity to support. My 14 year old son has crohns, diagnosed 2 years ago. Paul I notice you as a fellow "crohnie" are a IM Louisville finisher, I shall be using you as inspiration for him if you don't mind. He is interested in triathlon and is a keen swimmer. We have just entered him for his first kids triathlon to be held next May. I shall be pointing you out to him to show that he should never allow his crohns to hold him back, so thank you for being an inspiration!

This just made my day. Thank you.

I feel for your son. The first couple years after diagnosis were difficult for me. The past 6 years have been an ongoing game of trial and error, trying to figure out what I can and can't do (dairy - no, spicy foods - no, high fibre - no), and today I feel 100% normal, with minimal symptoms.

Best of luck to your son. NEVER allow Crohn's or UC to hold you back.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Chattanooga here I come! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

First IM - IM Mont Tremblant or IM Florida?

Started by firemedic001918
Views: 2560 Posts: 11

2014-07-28 10:47 AM KSH

My Mukluk is coming My Mukluk is coming

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 1968 Posts: 17

2011-02-01 10:12 AM wgraves7582

Chatanooga Waterfront Tri - Hotel

Started by jmcconne
Views: 1071 Posts: 4

2010-06-11 8:51 AM Donto

IM Goal to Half IM

Started by rlaffey
Views: 1006 Posts: 7

2006-02-20 11:02 AM tela_g

Water Conditions at Tempe Town Lake - Home of IM AZ and SOMA 1/2 IM

Started by SwmBkRn
Views: 2657 Posts: 2

2004-10-22 6:55 PM SwmBkRn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : May 11, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
When it comes down to it, it’s me who has to believe I can run a full marathon after swimming and biking, and no amount of others’ belief in me is going to help.
date : September 3, 2005
author : trad_it
Now, for the last 20 years I’ve always though that jogging seemed about as interesting as watching paint dry, and you know what? That’s how it turned out to be.

date : July 31, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I’m a 240lb man, and I run relatively long distances. How would you recommend training for marathon and IM distances as heavy as I am?
date : July 31, 2005
author : chrisandniki
A Navy Seals program modified specifically for triathletes. This workout is DIFFICULT!!! The weight training portion alone may make you cry.

date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?
date : February 16, 2005
author : trilover
comments : 1
Byrn won’t hold your hand through the long hours and miles required finishing or for success in an IM, he can only show you how to get there. The work is up to you.

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.