Other Resources My Cup of Joe » back in it.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-04 4:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Subject: back in it....
I've been slacking last coupla weeks since my doc told me NOT to do a "try-a-tri" (I had a TIA last year) but I've have extraordinary support from my sister-in-law - an RN (who's done triathlons) and my husband (who's done nothing except support me) I feel like I have the momentum again... sister-in-law - - thank you, you've been an inspiration..... It is a long road back, but every once in a while I feel a set-back--- is this normal?? I want to succeed.... but there are such bad days of depression, .... any help??

2003-12-04 5:41 PM
in reply to: #2292

New user

Nowra, Australia
Subject: RE: back in it....
Woo hoo good for you for keeping your chin up. I made a concious decision months ago that I wasn't going to be hard on myself if I miss some training. I always feel that if I give my body a rest when it is not 100% percent it ss a good thing. Look after yourself and try and remain positive, you are lucky to have great support.

Elke ;-)
2003-12-04 9:40 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
When I have a bad day and things aren't going my way, I try to have a copy of some type of motivation story that will keep me going. Try this one and see if it picks you up.
http://www.whenbigboystri.com/worth_the_wait.htm

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-12-04 9:45 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

its ok to be a little depressed if not all is going like plan...happens to the best of us...i have definitley been their when injured...'awww man!  i am never gonna be able to tri again..OR lift....'what u gotta do is have someone that your accountable to...so they will keep u going and not allow u to stay in that state for tooooo long...  make a long term plan if at all possible AND tell a few people about your goals...u will be surprised how that keep us going...

...oh, michael...trying to keep up with that blistering, barrage of posts your slamming here!  i am not succeding!

2003-12-04 9:46 PM
in reply to: #2310

User image

Champion
Gold member

AWWWW....U GOT ME PARDNER!!!!

2003-12-05 6:43 AM

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Athena -
I feel like I know exactly where you are coming from. I've been doing my walk/run for 4 weeks now and yesterday I weighed myself and saw that I lost NO weight. All last night I was really down, I've been eating so well and still no weight loss...makes me wonder why I don't just consume fast food. I had to bring myself back to my original goal, to finish a triathlon, and to become a healthier individual. I find that writing in my journal and reminding myself of what my larger goals in life are brings me back to what made me want to start. I also read Michaels post and articles, outside motivation really does make a difference.

2003-12-05 7:26 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Athena, first congrats on wanting to do a tri. One thing that helps me is to not dwell on bad days. If you have a bad day, try to learn from it and move on and look ahead. By beating yourself up, it just contributes to the depression. It is normal to have bad days and you are not the exception. Just keep moving forward!
2003-12-06 10:06 PM
in reply to: #2313

User image

Central Louisiana
I am keeping them short and sweat until after Christmas!
I feel that I haven't been able to really give a lot to the board the last month. But the first of the year is on the way!

Still Tri'n
Michael
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » back in it.... Rss Feed