General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a coach? My offer returns Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-04 10:24 AM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Subject: Looking for a coach? My offer returns
Hey everyone!

Last year around this time I posted looking for athletes to help me get my foot in the door, gain experience, and develop a one-on-one athlete coach relationship. I am happy to report the first 9+ months have been very educational for me and really opened the door as well. I have gained a lot of knowledge in setting up training plans (the small part of coaching), reading athletes training, adapting to changes, and everything outside of training plans that goes into coaching. I come back to you 1 year wiser and more developed.

Well now as many athletes are setting up for year 2 I am looking to take on an additional 2 athletes with a similar offer as I did last year. I have gone away from formal applications and decided to take a more traditional approach of a basic conversation and see how I gel with the athlete and vice-vera. I think I learn a lot more in discussion that rather through an application.

If this seems of interest to you I urge you to at least send me a PM (give you my email) and see where the conversation goes. I am always open to talk all things multi-sport and endurance.

If you want to know how this all started then you can refer back to my post a last year below.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...
RELATED POSTS

Looking for some winter coaching/training advice

Started by GoFaster
Views: 955 Posts: 5

2009-09-22 10:18 PM Steve-

Look at my new running coach

Started by MrSolis
Views: 1556 Posts: 21

2009-02-16 5:11 PM MrSolis

What to look for in a coach

Started by katybug34
Views: 1404 Posts: 3

2008-09-06 6:53 AM gsmacleod

What to look for in a coach?

Started by joerigg
Views: 900 Posts: 6

2006-10-04 6:20 PM KathyG

Looking for a tri or running coach in Dallas, TX

Started by KSH
Views: 1336 Posts: 8

2005-12-28 1:42 PM KSH
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 25, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have a torn labrum in the right hip that I'm getting surgery for this Friday. Also the doctor is grinding some bone that caused it to tear. Do you have any good ideas on returning to training?

date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?
date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.

comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.
comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.

date : December 31, 2006
author : sportfactory
Is there a point of diminishing returns? At some point, age catches up with us all. In general, as we age, VO2 max decreases, body fat increases, and muscular strength drops off.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.