General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Challenge PSA--Work your Weakness Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-09 9:13 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: Challenge PSA--Work your Weakness

I think we all tend to work our strengths pretty well but put off those things that hurt or things we're not very good at.  By addressing our weaknesses, we can fix problems, learn new things and gain confidence by learning to be outside of our comfort zone--a very helpful thing in triathlon.

The challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to spend some period of time addressing your weakness each day.  I'm kind of imagining this challenge as an ongoing thing that people use when they feel they need it.  You can join any time you have something you want to focus on.  We will start mini sessions every two weeks (if you want to start mid-session, totally g2g, just jump in, if you want to work that thing longer, you can always declare it as your weakness for the next two weeks).

I have picked two week intervals because during the last challenge I started, I noticed that people were really strong for about two weeks, and then many of us (myself included) started to miss days here and there.  "They" say it takes two weeks to develop a habit, so I feel like this is a good place to start.  Obviously you can keep working the same thing for more than two weeks/one mini session if you want.

For those of you who are new to BT or maybe have been on BT for a while but haven't done a challenge, I highly encourage you to try one.  They are a GREAT way to get to know your fellow BTers, and you can learn a ton from the group. A number of people who did the 100d x 10 min = 1 strong core challenge will be in this group, and it is an AWESOME group of very fun, kind, supportive folks.  Btw, the alternative name for our challenge was put forth by Salty to Mike, two core challenge participants;)

First session will start Saturday, October 12th. 

The Challenge is up in the Challenge Forum :)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Challenge PSA--Work your Weakness Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Do you do core work? (shameless challenge promotion) Pages: 1 2

Started by switch
Views: 2086 Posts: 31

2013-06-24 10:02 PM rdailey1

How Does The Challenge Me Forum Work?

Started by ENP
Views: 508 Posts: 5

2009-10-26 9:42 AM losta

Where are your strengths and weaknesses? Pages: 1 2 3

Started by WildWill
Views: 3066 Posts: 63

2008-05-26 11:05 PM mjewen

Pacing re: strengths and weaknesses

Started by autumn
Views: 529 Posts: 2

2004-08-02 3:19 PM MJS

strengths and weaknesses?

Started by autumn
Views: 1201 Posts: 12

2004-04-13 8:03 PM keepitup
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 17, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Pain in the hamstring region can be very frustrating and challenging for triathletes - healing may take several weeks and there are many factors that may complicate the eventual outcome.

date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon
date : July 8, 2008
author : sportfactory
Training and racing with your body type mostly means a more analytical approach to both. Here are a few ways you can tip the genetic scale.

date : March 17, 2008
author : AMSSM
It sounds like you have a very common condition that many runners and triathletes experience called patello-femoral pain syndrome. We have seen that runners with core weakness experience this.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 5, 2005
author : chrisandniki
You’ll find you can work these general routines around your work and family commitments, while keeping yourself fit enough for Sprint or Olympic triathlon distances.
date : January 30, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you turn a weakness into strength? It begins with effecting a fundamental change to your triathlete self-image.

date : November 28, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Work your weakness. In the sport of triathlon, most coaches agree that you should spend the most time working on your weakest of the three sports. For many of you this will be swimming!