General Discussion Triathlon Talk » should I upgrade my shifters???? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-20 8:34 AM

Subject: should I upgrade my shifters????
So today I went for a ride in less then favorable conditions and had a driver texting while changing lanes. Well to keep her from hitting me I dumped the bke.
Igot a bit of road rash but the bike took the brunt of it. I broke one pad plate on my aero bars, tt took a small dent, and I broke my left bar end shifter. I found a replacement dura ace set with cables for about $100.00 but amazon wont ship tp japan. So my question is should I upgradethe shifters or just replace the broken one. Will sram work with dura ace set up?? The bike is a 2007 qroo tequilo.

Thanks and be safe

2013-10-21 9:20 AM
in reply to: tryingtotri0321

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: should I upgrade my shifters????

I'm glad you're okay! Bikes can be bought, and though bodies will (mostly) heal, replacement parts are hard to come by.

Unfortunately SRAM shifters won't work with Shimano derailleurs. You might take a look at MicroSHIFT, though. They are completely Shimano compatible, and MUCH less expensive, and prevalent on eBay.

2013-10-21 1:40 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

New user
Subject: RE: should I upgrade my shifters????
+1 on microShift. They came standard on my B16, but I replaced them with Vision Metrons. The next time I pull my shifter cables, I'm putting the microShifts back on.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » should I upgrade my shifters???? Rss Feed