CLOSED

of 11

2013-10-26 7:16 PM
in reply to: Fred D

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Kobenhavns Kommune
Subject: RE: The Decline of the BT community
I've been here just over a year and in the past months I've been posting less. Initially I was overwhelmed by the amount of helpful replies and good information and naturally want to give back. Then I started noting that certain topics come up all the time. Some of these FAQs could be condensed into some "Beginner triathlete - the manual". But on the other hand, frequent posts is what keeps the forum alive.

I started getting tired of repeating myself, and I more often find myself thinking, "do I contribute something useful? or am I just repeating/restating what has been said so many times?" Also, I guess that the more time I spend here the better I become in identifying those topics that have potential of trolls.

It is my impression that the best threads have more than 10 replies but doesn't reach the second page. A good number of replies to establish consensus on good advice, but not so many as to let in controversy.

2013-10-26 7:28 PM
in reply to: erik.norgaard

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
My $0.02:

As for the appearance, etc: Mobile devices now rule the roost. The main site is OK for a PC with a large monitor and can, sort of, cobble by on a tablet. Can't be used on a phone. So, as more of us leave our PC and use phones and laptops, we're handicapped by the sub-optimal interface.

As for conduct: I find myself unwilling to use phrases like "It is" or "is better". I couch with "probably" or "my opinion" lest I receive a scolding asking for sources, validation and proof. For God's sake: I think obesity is a disease. I don't need admonished at it's lazy people eating twinkies and I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't want to couch every post with validation . Don't tell me I'm wrong; tell me you disagree. I can respect the later.
2013-10-26 7:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Redlands, CA
I've been trying to check the forums daily, but its harder for me than it was a few years ago when I was active. I can not attest to the mobile issues, but the issue for me is that after a few years most of the subjects are one I have just not been interested in; when you've been on the site for a few years and see question x for the 15th time, its just easier to pass over. I'm no longer a beginner nor am I an expert; not new enough to ask not experienced enough to reply.

People acting up doesn't really bother me, its the nature of a message board. Some come here for attention, and when civil posts do not do it, they go to another level. It does turn into a competition and then things turn really badly.

I'm also spitballing here but with what seems to be (at least in this area) a decline in triathlon and in message boards, the forum is feeling the worst of it?

Edited by furiousferret 2013-10-26 7:51 PM
2013-10-26 7:55 PM

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA

Originally posted by pitt83 My $0.02: As for the appearance, etc: Mobile devices now rule the roost. The main site is OK for a PC with a large monitor and can, sort of, cobble by on a tablet. Can't be used on a phone. So, as more of us leave our PC and use phones and laptops, we're handicapped by the sub-optimal interface.

One can sort of read BT content on a mobile device, but the mobile website is slow and suboptimal.  I've used many device to read BTs (Android tablet, iPad, iPad mini, iPhones, Windows Phones) and the mobile site is, sorry to say, barely sufficient for content consumption.  I've often forced the site into full site mode and then it can overwhelm lower end devices.  I've not tried an app to access BT.

For posting, the mobile site is again barely functional, and the device needs some horsepower to really post well using the full site.  The full site rich editor burns a lot of CPU and strains low end Android tablets like the original Kindle Fire.  The Fire HD fares better.  Older iPads do OK, presumably some WebKit specific content is coming down.  Windows Phones like my HTC 8x do OK but not great.  Lots of slow and lag. 

So people can lurk all they want on devices, within their tolerance and patience limits, but I think they're going to be quite inhibited from posting from a device.

Edited by brucemorgan 2013-10-26 7:55 PM
2013-10-26 7:59 PM

User image

Champion
MA

I've been on BT since 2004 and have been active poster most of the time but last 2 years less due to injury, illness and family issues.

I'm saddened by the decline in BT community and it has been a big decline that became more obvious since the upgrade to the site. The BT connection was huge both on line and also at races. Things have changed and likely for a combination of reasons.

I do think Sue has pointed out three specific things that could be improved.

After the new version came out, inspires declined more than 50% in my blog. Additionally those who were my friends in great numbers stopped logging their workouts on a regular basis.  My opinion for some, like me, the social aspect was big reason to stay around here. Take that away the attraction to use the website in all manners declines.  My friends here on BT were social, inspiring often, then it dropped off by huge amount. Clearly the difficulty and clicks needed to do inspires has hurt this aspect of BT.

My friends that used to log and inspire from their smart phones do much less.

With fewer folks being social, less come to tri talk, and we get a few posting over and over arguing their point and position. The tone of Tri talk at times just makes me close the thread and leave the forum as I get tired of hearing 2-6 people having a personal discussion or arugement over who is right and which way is best. With fewer posting there is less of a draw to check the forums.
My fear is for the future of BT if things continue this decline. I miss the old BT.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Fred D

Originally posted by Socks

Overall I think the sire would be greatly enhanced by making the friends list like it was before, fixing the mobile app and fixing the way the pages on the forums are accessed. 

Sue, that is a great point about the friends list. I feel I am much less active in inspiring folks on their blogs because it requires many more clicks and page jumps to get to their log. This point was on my mind, but it slipped my post, thanks for bringing it up!

2013-10-26 8:11 PM

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
I have been active in BT since 2010 and have loved this community. I must say that KathyG and TriAya hold a special place in my heart as they checked on me weekly while I was getting chemo.

I also received an incredible amount of information to get me through 2 ironmans :-)

However, sad to say that since the site changed I find myself logging in less and as mentioned above the Inspires declined greatly. It is just not the same and I want the old BT back!

I hate to see the BT community disappear.

Thanks for bringing this topic into the light, I thought it was just me

Happy training!

Alicia

Edited by trirun26 2013-10-26 8:12 PM

2013-10-26 8:35 PM

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

As a nine-year community member and moderator on other forums here ( but not Triathlon Talk) here are my $0.02:

Mobile device accessibility- I don't like, so I don't use, the "mobile" specific site. Rather, I choose "view full site" on my iPhone and use that to view, moderate, and post on the forums all day long. "Can't be used on a phone?" Not in my experience. But I will concur that the best user experience is still via PC. But BT access on my iPhone is neither better or worse than access to the other web forums I frequent.

SPAM: can't really say that we're experiencing more spam lately, at least not noticeably more IMHO . i do have the access to remove spam from nearly every forum, and the first thing I do in the morning (generally around 5am) is view TT and CoJ to clean up any spam. I can count on finding some most days. Lately I'm finding some posted around 6am, but those aren't around 20 minutes before I move them to post purgatory. Really not sure what we can do to prevent spam from being posted, but i can tell you we are diligent about removing it. Feel free to contact me or one of the other moderators if you see spam. Ron has made it easy by adding a "Report Spam" button to every post.

Traffic: I also have noticed a decline in activity over the years, but do not have access to statistics to quantify that. I think part of the decline has to do with the proliferation of other social media such as Facebook.

Paucity of posting: similarly I agree with your observation, but don't know what is the cause or the cure. I think like participation in this sport, BT posting for many is a short-lived activity. I maintain that the average triathlon career is somewhere short of five years and the average BT life span is less than that. Myself, I haven't done much training in the past two years, so I still read but rarely post in training/racing threads. Most of my posting is in topics with which I am still active, like officiating, race directing, administrating a tri club, and promoting cycling awareness.

I also observe from this thread the fine line that Ron and the moderators have to walk in maintaining the vibe that they want here. On one hand you have several posters complaining that one problem they encounter with abuse when they post these days. On the other hand you have posters who rue the ban of contributors who were knowledgeable and popular but unrepentantly abusive to others despite multiple warnings and time-outs over a lengthy period.

Fred, I appreciate you initiating the discussion. Knowing Ron, I'll bet he also appreciates all constructive criticism and discussion on problems and issues greatly.Your final question is indeed the most important: How do we make things better?

Edited by the bear 2013-10-26 8:44 PM
2013-10-26 8:35 PM
in reply to: #4884905

User image

Elite
I also think FB and the discussions that go on on those boards, race specific boards may decrease traffic here, but just an observation
2013-10-26 9:41 PM
in reply to: FELTGood

User image

Expert
Marin County, California
I generally have been much more active in race specific Facebook pages. One of the reasons is that the vast majority use thier name, usually thier full name, so it feels more friendly and approachable.

Also by putting name and face/pictures mostly avoids the power struggle that seems to be happening more often, as others have pointed out it starts getting where someone just has to keep gnawing on the gristle until everyone backs off, giving them the last word.

There seems to be much more black and white. Right way(my way) or wrong way(your way.) Aside from a few like Don and Shane if I open a thread and someones first line is "I'm a coach,' I back out and move on. I'm kinda over all 'the coaches' who feel they know it all and expect everyone to listen to them because they're 'a coach.'
2013-10-26 10:25 PM
in reply to: furiousferret

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
Originally posted by furiousferret

I've been trying to check the forums daily, but its harder for me than it was a few years ago when I was active. I can not attest to the mobile issues, but the issue for me is that after a few years most of the subjects are one I have just not been interested in; when you've been on the site for a few years and see question x for the 15th time, its just easier to pass over. I'm no longer a beginner nor am I an expert; not new enough to ask not experienced enough to reply.

People acting up doesn't really bother me, its the nature of a message board. Some come here for attention, and when civil posts do not do it, they go to another level. It does turn into a competition and then things turn really badly.

I'm also spitballing here but with what seems to be (at least in this area) a decline in triathlon and in message boards, the forum is feeling the worst of it?

I think this is me... I got so much information from this site. I am not a beginner anymore. Triathlon can be as complicated as you want to make it. I enjoy racing and training, but I'll never be FOP and that is fine with me, but it aslo makes me feel like my opinion may not offer people as much experience and information they want or need.

I loved the training log when I first got into it, but when I started training more, I had less time to enter all that information everyday and I wish I could just upload any new workouts off my garmin and it do the work for me. Humana Fit does this and it makes it so convenient. Now I am so far behind that I haven't had a chance to go back and update where I left off. I may be too far gone now. lol.

I still read everyday, but I feel like I know enough about the sport now that I no longer have the questions like I used to.
2013-10-26 11:10 PM

User image

Elite
Gilbert, Az.
Originally posted by Fred D
  • If I am correct on some of them, what are your concerns?
  • Most importantly, how do we make these things better?
  • Hoping for contribution from those long and not-so-long in the tooth here.

Thank you for listening.

The main reason I'm sporadic is because it's just too "nice". You can't voice negative opinions of certain groups, and it's a PITA to always have to worry that if you are giving a negative opinion or anything along those lines that the post would be deleted because "that's not the way things are done here".

I'm not saying it's good or bad, it's just one of the reasons I don't post on a regular basis. I'm a blunt speaker, and having to curb that to keep posts viewable is irksome.

John

2013-10-27 12:27 AM
    in reply to: nickster

User image

Coach
    Stairway to Seven
    I think I started here in 2004. Found the BT Training log ( I still think it's the best log on the net). Learned a TON here...it's where I got my start. Heck...I even posted an "anti TI" thread before I learned more about it.

You'll see I have a ton of posts...I'd like to think that many of them were helpful posts.

I appreciate the variety of responses the forums get from people of many different backgrounds and exerpience levels.

I post here far less frequently because 1) in the past I have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME browsing BT when I should have been doing other things. 2) In spending time answering questoins here I was neglecting time I could have been spending communicating wiht my athtletes 3) I have a personal decline in the return on invenstment of my time. Not to say that I don't still learn things here, I do. But the amount of time is disproportionate to what I gain or what I give back.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like a jerk.

I browse the topic lists every few weeks and post a reply or two. but I try to get in and get out because otherwise I get sucked in and consumed here (have in the past).

PS Posting from an idevice is next to impossible, so I don't do it anymore.

PPS I have been personally viscously attacked here in the past and it was a very, very unpleasant experience. I am fairly certain that same poster attacks me on slow twitch the handful of times I have posted there. Hiding behind internet anonymity is an immature act, and I am very grateful to my experience on the BT site as one of my first exposures to this type of behavior...as well as learning myself how to be genuine and honest as possible while posting.

PPPS Don Larkin is an awesome coach.
    2013-10-27 12:37 AM
    in reply to: tkd.teacher

User image

Coach
    Stairway to Seven
    Originally posted by tkd.teacher

The main reason I'm sporadic is because it's just too "nice". You can't voice negative opinions of certain groups, and it's a PITA to always have to worry that if you are giving a negative opinion or anything along those lines that the post would be deleted because "that's not the way things are done here".

I'm not saying it's good or bad, it's just one of the reasons I don't post on a regular basis. I'm a blunt speaker, and having to curb that to keep posts viewable is irksome.

John

Is a negative opinion the same as disagreeing with someone or posting an alternative viewpoint? I think there is a difference. You can disagree and have a completely different opinion without posting negatively.

(Not how this is a dissenting viewpoint).

I appreciate that personalties vary...I tend to be a listener and may disagree but am happy to read all (most) opinions without getting offended unless there is an attack on my person.

2013-10-27 12:47 AM
    in reply to: LittleCat

User image

Pro
    Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
    Originally posted by LittleCatI generally have been much more active in race specific Facebook pages. One of the reasons is that the vast majority use thier name, usually thier full name, so it feels more friendly and approachable. Also by putting name and face/pictures mostly avoids the power struggle that seems to be happening more often, as others have pointed out it starts getting where someone just has to keep gnawing on the gristle until everyone backs off, giving them the last word. There seems to be much more black and white. Right way(my way) or wrong way(your way.) Aside from a few like Don and Shane if I open a thread and someones first line is "I'm a coach,' I back out and move on. I'm kinda over all 'the coaches' who feel they know it all and expect everyone to listen to them because they're 'a coach.'
    Sometimes I wonder how different the user experience would be in forums like BT if all users were required to use their real name. Considering that the worst behavior I've seen both here and on ST has been by anonymous users, I suspect it would generally be better. Thanks for the compliment, Suzanne and to you too, Suzanne A!
    2013-10-27 12:54 AM
    in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Master
    Bellevue, WA

On the subject of Internet anonymity, I think it's clearly a huge contributor cause of how easily some people find it to attack others, among other problems endemic to message boards that use handles.  As others have said in this thread, and I've experienced myself many times, there are immature cowards who find it easy to attack others shielded by handles.  Personally, I decided more than 10 years ago that anything I do online I do with my real name and my real photo.

Avoiding anonymity was the smartest thing Facebook ever did - the success of Facebook over all other social networks can be directly traced to the fact it's real people, real names, real interactions.

2013-10-27 5:58 AM
    in reply to: brucemorgan

User image

Each user can only take responsibility for their own content.

I find the site very cautious, very sensitive and quite intolerant. I used the site for a couple of years in 2007 and the regular posters then seemed a little more chilled out than they do these days.

I've learned to try and bite my tongue (fingers?) in the face of some trolls and baiters.

I think a lot of people take their experience and opinions as gospel and are reluctant to consider another point of view. There are some notable exceptions and i really enjoyed a debate I had recently on genetics but other times it just descends into patronising glib remarks which I get bored of instantaneously.

But a forum and site is only as good as its members and content so it's up to us to take responsibility for it. I'm off on a random inspire spree as a result!

2013-10-27 6:48 AM
    in reply to: LittleCat

Subject: ...
    This user's post has been ignored.
    2013-10-27 7:01 AM
    in reply to: the bear

Subject: ...
    This user's post has been ignored.
    2013-10-27 7:44 AM

Champion
    Alabama
    What are you looking for from a triathlon website? Information? Entertainment? Internet 'friends'? Motivation? Socialization? Triathlon news?

I think BT provides all of this.

If we have fewer people asking how to count laps or help deciding to buy a tri bike or road bike maybe that means there are fewer new comers to the sport? There are only so many people interested in triathlons....maybe we have found and educated them all. Or at least most of them....and the rate of new comers to the sport has leveled off?

I posted earlier I really don't see any real issue and I stand by that.
    2013-10-27 8:09 AM
    in reply to: Rogillio

Royal(PITA)
    West Chester, Ohio

I have been following through this thread and share some of the concerns already well phrased by others.

Inspires--a little more time consuming on the new site but not a huge issue.

Mobile devices--when I try and use my iPhone it  is slow to load and difficult to maneuver.  In order to use it without hassle the page needs to be expanded to a ridiculous size then it's nearly impossible to find the submit/ done buttons.

Posts:  I tend to stay in the mentor threads, some of the challenge threads and on people's race reports.  Why? Well either the subject is not interesting to me, or the thread tone has the "pass the popcorn we're about to see a showdown" mentality.  It's a fine line between having a thick enough skin that snarkiness isn't going to bother me and being overly sensitive when it does bother me.  I also tend to be a little more private, I will share things with a group I can trust but not necessarily with the entire website.  Trust is built in the mentor threads because the groups stay together longer.  

Personally, I think a lot of us have a "my way is right" mentality that eliminates any other thought process.  We all have different limiters and abilities.  We also all have different goals.  I totally respect those who want to go whole hog the best they can in this sport and work for a KQ or always podium.  Great!  The vast majority of people I know are NOT in that category, we balance our families, jobs and personal issues--and health and triathlon is just one way to keep active and healthy with a balance of activities.  The training plan that works great for the driven person may be great for that person but is not necessarily a plan for the "I just want to compete and keep active" person.  Respect that in each other.  Yes, while some of us just want to compete, we do want to get better at what we do--but not at the expense of injury or strained family relationships.

What do we do to fix this?  Well I do like that some of us include our first names in either our user name or sig line. That is a start, makes it more personal.  Take responsibility for what you post.  If you recognize after hitting submit that the tone could be tamed a bit edit the post or ask a mod to do so if you are past the time limit.  APOLOGIZE when appropriate.  Be gracious to accept an apology too.

2013-10-27 8:48 AM
    in reply to: QueenZipp

Master
    Oceanside, California
    I believe that some things need to be done to curb the negative, but that never triggers progress.

Focusing on promoting the positive is what will make the real difference.

Shine brightly and the darkness matters less.

2013-10-27 9:34 AM
    in reply to: Socks

Master
    Rogersville, Alabama

I feel strongly the new friends lists are a HUGE detriment to the site.  I think one of the strengths of BT is its social aspects and it makes it SO MUCH HARDER to move around on the site from blog to blog. 

I've gotta agree 100% .

The new site reminds me of those "Department of Redundancy Department" T-Shirts. Just more clicks. loading and waiting.
    2013-10-27 10:14 AM

Regular
    LHOTP

This has been an interesting thread. 

I hadn't thought about the anonymity component, but I've added my name to my sig line, as that seems to be important to many.  Easily done.

To those of you who have been on BT for many years and are commenting on "bad apples", I hope you can take a very introspective look at your own posts.  Some of you crying the biggest foul on this are repeat offenders.  If you are going to dish it out, it only seems fair that you are willing to take it.
    Just to be clear, as I would hate for this to be labeled as being veiled, I am largely speaking to the group who regularly posts in TAN.  If you want to complain about snarkiness, cliquiness,  inside jokes, and nastiness you should damn well make sure you're not doing it.  The double standards really chap my azz. 

Disagreements are an inherent part of an internet board, especially in places like PCOJ.  If you enter into a thread there, do so at your own risk and with a bit of a thick skin. The kind of banter that takes place in there requires decent writing skills and deductive reasoning.  If the conversation gets heated--and it does--it's not necessarily a personal attack.  Be prepared to defend your position or don't play.  If you say something galactically stupid or get out of line--own it.  Admitting your wrong once and awhile goes a long way.

The question remains, what can we do to make it better?  

I would encourage everyone to look at what they do on this site to help BEGINNER TRIATHLETES.  Think about that.  Do you  start threads or participate in threads for beginners?  Do you help people celebrate their firsts?  Read and comment on RRs? Participate in challenges? Send inspires?  Check in on posters who you haven't seen in a while? Are you inclusive?  Encouraging? Not just to your "friends"--but regularly reach outside of your group and your comfort zone?

Be the change you want to see.

2013-10-27 10:18 AM
    in reply to: KathyG

Master
    Northern IL

Originally posted by KathyG

Originally posted by Fred D

Overall I think the sire would be greatly enhanced by making the friends list like it was before, fixing the mobile app and fixing the way the pages on the forums are accessed. 

Sue, that is a great point about the friends list. I feel I am much less active in inspiring folks on their blogs because it requires many more clicks and page jumps to get to their log. This point was on my mind, but it slipped my post, thanks for bringing it up!

I've only been on these forums  a couple years, and of that time only been using the logs, mentor groups and related features this past season. So not really sure how these things "used to be". From looking at things like Inspires, I didn't really get the need for them as they seemed to be more trouble than they're worth. I'd just wait (and hope) for people to post something in the mentor group if there was something going on. I'm on here frequently, but going through things is a bit cumbersome. Started thinking about what the point of the inspires was, and remembered some athletic sites I've been on in the past. The heart of those sites was having friends and seeing their workouts in a feed-style arrangement and being able to comment on them. It was very easy to see what everyone had been doing the past couple days and talk to them through that, a bit FB-like. They may not have even had a forum. So I still don't really know what they used to be like here, but there could be a good deal to gain by working on that.

2013-10-27 10:28 AM

Champion
    Nashville, TN
    Another 8+ year member here.

I would be interested in seeing the statistics to determine if a decline has actually happened. I think we can all agree that we feel that way, but do the numbers support it?

For instance, the number of subforums have exploded. So the strength training, tour de france, challenges talke all have a place that was formerly in tri-talk. Even with political COJ, I suspect the discussion in COJ has dropped off. Too many forums spreads the conversation thin.

Additionally, as mentioned previously, I think the mentor threads do the other forums a disservice. As a multiple time mentor, I think they are part of what makes this site great. They are at the true meaning of BEGINNER triathlete. But as mentioned, tons of conversation stays in there for a variety of reasons.

The sport has also changed. It has exploded. 5-6 years ago, everyone rallied around the IM threads and Aaron/JeepFleeb would post all the splits. It helped that there were only 5-7 marquee races a year. So this was easy. Now there are twice as many. Instead of 20-25 BTers doing the races, 100+ are doing them.

Finally, years ago BT didn't compete as much with other forms of social media. If you rode your first 100 miles, you came here to talk about it. Now you tweet it, facebook it, instagram it and maybe log it here. So there is a lot more competition on the interwebs.

People like to make the BT v ST comparison. This isn't ST and it isn't the vision to make it such. This is a BEGINNER site and it has/will continue to cater to that demographic. As such, I think it is perfectly normal for people to 'graduate' as they become more experienced and have less need for the site.

Would BT like to retain these people by having deeper conversations and more meaningful contributions from industry leaders? Yes, and Ron has that desire. But that isn't easy.

I am a firm believe that businesses should understand their core function and stick to it. Almost a decade later, I do feel that BT has done that. There is a need for a sight dedicated to beginners and novice athletes. It is here.

New Thread
    CLOSED
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Decline of the BT community Rss Feed  

of 11

RELATED POSTS

Sprint performance has declined lately

Started by RookieIM
    Views: 775 Posts: 5

2012-04-12 10:04 AM brigby1

How awesome is the BT community?! Pages: 1 2

Started by JasenGuy
    Views: 2742 Posts: 30

2013-10-28 11:52 AM thebigb

Drastic decline in fitness!! : (

Started by acgibby
    Views: 745 Posts: 3

2011-06-07 11:59 PM acgibby

My Annual Christmas Gift to the BT Community

Started by stephen strange
    Views: 1471 Posts: 8

2007-12-19 1:57 PM chirunner134

new member to the BT community

Started by jcdenton2000
    Views: 653 Posts: 1

2007-04-11 4:55 PM jcdenton2000
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : November 5, 2010
    author : FitWerx
    comments : 0
    Do you struggle to hold your power output indoors versus outdoors? The keys to this problem are due to lack of cooling and the flywheel effect.

date : June 27, 2006
    author : Ron
    Motivational and inspirational interviews of BT members beginning July 2nd, 2006
    date : June 25, 2006
    author : Team BT
    Decline Bench Press - Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 21, 2006
    Sit-Up-Decline Bench Leg Extension-Machine strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
    date : January 29, 2006
    I started the Beginner Triathlete training program in earnest after Chinese New Year. I viewed the distances in the peak week with trepidation - how on earth would I manage it?

date : January 10, 2005
    author : trithis
    Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.
    date : October 10, 2004
    author : TSN
    Tri-a-new daily read online, with the UK’s independent home of triathlon.

date : September 5, 2004
    Out of this frustration, the first annual Denver Community College Triathlon was born. It was open to all employees of the campus, with a 30 dollar entrance fee for the campus scholarship fund.