General Discussion Triathlon Talk » veins Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-30 12:23 AM

User image

SF Bay Area, Mountain View
Subject: veins
they're popping out all over the place. not varicous - it's just that my whole body seems to be covered with big old veins. i've asked my doctor about it and he said it's

- because my body has lost subcuticular fat tissue that usually holds the veins deeper under the skin and thus less visible.
- and i'm pumping more blood through them, which enlarges them. apparently permanently in my case, because i've been doing so for a few years and at my age (40) tissue loses elasticity.

i went down from about 165 to 155 in the course of a year and i was pretty lean begin with.

(i might add that eating has always been a low priority for me. exercise was never about losing weight, so this might be an extreme case)

just curious if anybody else had the same experience. i can live with it if it doesn't get any worse. it's really not as unsightly as it might sound - yet, at least.

2006-07-30 9:56 AM
in reply to: #497254

User image

Master
Loughborough, England
Subject: RE: veins

Mine do on my arms, especially when it's hot.  There's nothing wrong with it - shows that your lean fit and healthy.

Take a look at Hincapie's legs:

(GH.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
GH.jpg (11KB - 15 downloads)
2006-07-30 10:57 AM
in reply to: #497254

User image

SF Bay Area, Mountain View
Subject: RE: veins
ugh! i hope it doesn't get THAT bad!

but you've got a good point, maybe the recent heat wave had something to do with it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » veins Rss Feed