General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA: Another round of Work your Weakness starts tomorrow Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-15 8:36 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: PSA: Another round of Work your Weakness starts tomorrow

We have a thread going in the Challenge Forum that is dedicated to helping you "work your weakness".  You define what your weakness(es) is, and then make a commitment to work on that for (at least)  two weeks.

BTers have been working on all kinds of stuff--consistency, foam rolling, swim speed, listening to your body/rest, diet and nutrition issues, etc.  It's kinda all over the place, but it's a fun, supportive group that often has good advice and insight.

If you're new to BT or haven't done a challenge, they are a fun way to stay motivated and get to know some other people on the site.  We'd love to have you join us :)

2013-11-15 11:13 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: PSA: Another round of Work your Weakness starts tomorrow

I'm in! 

2013-11-15 11:35 AM

User image

Franklin, TN
I'm in. I have a considerable distaste for ice cream. I'm going to try to overcome that over the next two weeks.

Seriously though, I've neglected my swimming this fall as I've been focused on running more. The next 2 weeks will include a lot more swimming since I've gotten my first HM out of the way.
2013-11-15 12:51 PM

Cycling used to be one of my strengths. As I get older and life gets in the way, I've lost the ability to just hop on the bike and expect to go out mash like I used to. I clearly need to spend more time in the saddle, even if it's just for a quick loop. Putting off the yard work tomorrow so i can head out for a nice long ride!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA: Another round of Work your Weakness starts tomorrow Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

PSA: Swim Speed Secrets Book Club Starts Today

Started by switch
Views: 502 Posts: 2

2013-11-15 2:08 PM taylorz13

Round two of "work your weakness" starts tomorrow

Started by switch
Views: 798 Posts: 7

2013-10-26 10:59 AM popsracer

Challenge PSA--Work your Weakness

Started by switch
Views: 518 Posts: 1

2013-10-09 9:13 AM switch

PSA - FLO PreOrder 2 starts today

Started by Swimbikeron
Views: 1281 Posts: 18

2012-08-02 6:23 PM Canadian_Flo

Starting oly training plan tomorrow...tech Q

Started by Z-dog
Views: 661 Posts: 5

2007-09-13 2:07 AM Z-dog
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon

date : July 8, 2008
author : sportfactory
Training and racing with your body type mostly means a more analytical approach to both. Here are a few ways you can tip the genetic scale.
date : March 17, 2008
author : AMSSM
It sounds like you have a very common condition that many runners and triathletes experience called patello-femoral pain syndrome. We have seen that runners with core weakness experience this.

date : August 22, 2006
author : Team BT
Vytra TOBAY Triathlon swim start provided by jpcan.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
These ladies are impressive. This video will show you what you will have to look forward to at a wave start.

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.
date : January 30, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you turn a weakness into strength? It begins with effecting a fundamental change to your triathlete self-image.

date : November 28, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Work your weakness. In the sport of triathlon, most coaches agree that you should spend the most time working on your weakest of the three sports. For many of you this will be swimming!