General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » from door mat wife mom- triathlete here i go Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-19 2:06 PM

User image

Subject: from door mat wife mom- triathlete here i go
hello I am new to triathlon and the idea to complete some I plan to start with some sprints in 2014 leading up to an Olympic I have signed up and paid for in sept 2014 ( committed myself so I cant run away when it gets hard lol) ive always loved a challenge , I was married (still am) young and gain 50lbs with my first baby (who we later found out has aspergers syndrome )
  • ..well at 20 I didn't wanna be fat so started running (never had before ) and loved it I went from 195 to 149 an enjoyed being healthy and active I fluctuated a little here and there( sometimes I am in the 155-160 range im 5'7 large frame ) but I never got that big again until after my second child at 26 . I have always been adhd and impulsive so when I feel lazy and down and sick of it or just put down by life crap I will say I rise above others crap anyways after my second child I decide to get my EMT and became a firefighter (which brought that weight back down . here I am weve move I now work in an ER as a tech and my husband works lots of hours to where we hardly saw each other . I started getting into cycling more and more for stress relief.. sooooo for a little TMI he got bored and decided to talk online with some ex from across the united states . heres where I will wrap it up in a nutshell .....I got pissed off we are together because he begged and im here but doing the whole I will rise above you and your crap this is my super power watch me ! you don't respect me but I do (sorry sounds bitter but really I mean this as a positive attribute . im here to support other be there best without limits and hopefully learn from other stories and super powers too

• sheri

Edited by iriseabove4me 2013-11-19 2:13 PM

2013-11-19 4:39 PM
    in reply to: iriseabove4me

Subject: RE: from door mat wife mom- triathlete here i go
    You were brave enough to sign up for races already? Nice. I'm new to triathlon too but haven't got that far. I think my wife will feel it's a passing British fad....How wrong she is is...LOLOLOL
    2013-11-19 10:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Penticton, BC
    Welcome to BT Sheri. You'll find this is a very supportive and encouraging site.

To anyone new to triathlon I always recommend volunteering at races to learn how they work and meeting like-minded people (a great resource for good ideas) and reading other people's race reports for information and inspiration.

Have fun and good luck.
    2013-11-21 4:38 AM
    in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

windsor, Ontario
    Just started training this month myself. Congrats on your journey!
    2013-11-23 3:44 PM

Originally posted by iriseabove4me

hello I am new to triathlon and the idea to complete some I plan to start with some sprints in 2014 leading up to an Olympic I have signed up and paid for in sept 2014 ( committed myself so I cant run away when it gets hard lol) ive always loved a challenge , I was married (still am) young and gain 50lbs with my first baby (who we later found out has aspergers syndrome )
  • ..well at 20 I didn't wanna be fat so started running (never had before ) and loved it I went from 195 to 149 an enjoyed being healthy and active I fluctuated a little here and there( sometimes I am in the 155-160 range im 5'7 large frame ) but I never got that big again until after my second child at 26 . I have always been adhd and impulsive so when I feel lazy and down and sick of it or just put down by life crap I will say I rise above others crap anyways after my second child I decide to get my EMT and became a firefighter (which brought that weight back down . here I am weve move I now work in an ER as a tech and my husband works lots of hours to where we hardly saw each other . I started getting into cycling more and more for stress relief.. sooooo for a little TMI he got bored and decided to talk online with some ex from across the united states . heres where I will wrap it up in a nutshell .....I got pissed off we are together because he begged and im here but doing the whole I will rise above you and your crap this is my super power watch me ! you don't respect me but I do (sorry sounds bitter but really I mean this as a positive attribute . im here to support other be there best without limits and hopefully learn from other stories and super powers too

• sheri

Hey Sheri! Awesome! Welcome, you are going to be hard core in no time :-) Start slow and always ask questions!
    2013-11-24 9:04 PM
    in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

good idea thanks

New Thread
    General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » from door mat wife mom- triathlete here i go Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

Newbie- soccer mom/triathlete wannabe!

Started by dylanslovey
    Views: 927 Posts: 11

2007-05-02 7:30 PM dodgersmom

Looking for other triathlete moms.....

Started by texmom
    Views: 858 Posts: 21

2006-10-13 10:51 AM texmom

Another Tri-ing mom

Started by tirmom
    Views: 880 Posts: 13

2004-10-19 9:56 AM kelpeng

Working Mom just started training

Started by klhartley
    Views: 906 Posts: 10

2004-08-24 8:00 AM autumn

New to Training...Mom from Texas

Started by sbarnard
    Views: 1046 Posts: 10

2003-12-09 1:59 PM Ron
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : May 22, 2012
    author : Andy Sloan
    comments : 2
    This article looks into the types of exercises triathletes need to be utilizing, and why traditional methods are of little use.

date : April 27, 2012
    author : Andy Sloan
    comments : 5
    An insight into how to train strength and condition for triathlon and endurance sports success
    date : March 17, 2011
    author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
    comments : 5
    Being a pro triathlete is even more boring than you might have thought

date : January 20, 2009
    author : AMSSM
    comments : 0
    Information for training as a pregnant triathlete including physiological changes, nutritional and environmental concerns plus certain risks to avoid.
    date : November 4, 2008
    author : She-Ra
    comments : 2
    What are you waiting for? Get out there and sign up for your first triathlon. Do it now because spring seems like a long way off!

date : November 1, 2007
    author : EndurancePlanet
    From a cycling background to triathlete. A podcast with one of the first BT members about how triathlons allow him that daily satisfaction.
    date : October 9, 2007
    author : She-Ra
    comments : 12
    I never imagined that 350 yards broken down into 7 REALLY long lanes would be so big! I gasped out loud and told Grady that maybe I had underestimated the swim.

date : February 19, 2007
    author : Terese Luikens
    Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.