General Discussion Triathlon Talk » no tri training for next 3 weeks but half marathon ahead Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-17 8:10 AM

Subject: no tri training for next 3 weeks but half marathon ahead
Just travelled for holidays but no bike. Got me half marathon comin up.. So wondered if its correct to run 4 times a wee k? A short one (5/6km), long (10/12km), short, , and interval (10km ). Race on the 29th December. Also found this gym with cycle spin sessions, free as well, worth a go? Maybe useful to get on the treadmill after spin session ?
There is a pool at the gym so will make use of it.
 Any advice would be great Thanks

2013-12-17 8:51 AM
in reply to: casebusy

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: no tri training for next 3 weeks but half marathon ahead

Running frequently is a good thing.  But, whether that schedule is right for you now depends upon how much you have been running.  You don't just start running more because you have the time.  You start running more when you've built up to it.

If you are also training for triathlon, then take advantage of any access to a bike or pool.  Spin bikes 'count'.

2013-12-17 10:42 AM
in reply to: #4914351

Hi thanks for that. Ive been training the last few months for the south africa ironman in april. Alot of bike work, a run once a week, 2 swim/runs a week. The odd 10 km race now and again. Headed over the states for holidays and decided to give the bike a rest as been doing about 8 hours a week on it with alot of hill work. So I guess running has been kind of a build up. I figure this will help alot with the run section for south africa next year.
2013-12-17 10:57 AM
in reply to: #4914490

I guess with race in april canuse this time as active recovery. Then hard training in jan
2013-12-17 11:54 AM
in reply to: casebusy

User image

Running frequency is the most important thing you can do to improve you run fitness. I'd be running at least 5 days a week and probably 6. It is much easier on your body to spread out x miles a week over 5 or 6 runs. Your body will adapt much better and you will be at a much lower risk for injury.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » no tri training for next 3 weeks but half marathon ahead Rss Feed