Other Resources The Political Joe » HA!!! That didn't take long..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-27 8:07 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: HA!!! That didn't take long.....

No surprise here.....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/27/showbiz/duck-dynasty-resumes/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Pretty funny that A & E thought they were going to bully that bunch.  I guess Jesse Jackson can go "demand a meeting" with someone else.  

Once again, I don't agree whatsoever with his views, but they come from his heart and his steadfast religious beliefs.  This is still America, and you can still profess your beliefs in a peaceful manner.

Still, it appears to have been surprisingly easy to back down the  network......they have no beliefs other than dollars. LOL

Edited by Left Brain 2013-12-27 8:08 PM

2013-12-27 9:48 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: HA!!! That didn't take long.....
The whole deal was a publicity stunt from the get-go.
  • ..and yeah, Jesse went way too far comparing this with the Rosa Parks experience.
  • 2013-12-28 5:55 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Not Quite DFL
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

• ..and yeah, Jesse went way too far comparing this with the Rosa Parks experience.

• I had been wondering the same thing. I don't watch the show, and I still won't as I'm not into reality tv. I don't know if it will increase viewership though, or product sales.
    2013-12-28 7:14 PM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I doubt it.  Phil Robertson's faith and belief is not a publicity stunt...... he has been preaching those same views for over 2 decades.  I guess the majority of people think that what they see on Duck Dynasty is a relatively new deal.  It's not.  Phil Robertson and the Duck Commander label have been around a long time. 

A & E's mistake was thinking that the Robertson family would go along without Phil.....for the money?.....or whatever?   That was always laughable for anyone who has spent any amount of time around any of them.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-12-28 7:29 PM
    2013-12-29 8:58 AM

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by Left Brain

I doubt it.  Phil Robertson's faith and belief is not a publicity stunt...... he has been preaching those same views for over 2 decades.  I guess the majority of people think that what they see on Duck Dynasty is a relatively new deal.  It's not.  Phil Robertson and the Duck Commander label have been around a long time. 

A & E's mistake was thinking that the Robertson family would go along without Phil.....for the money?.....or whatever?   That was always laughable for anyone who has spent any amount of time around any of them.

I didn't say his archaic personal beliefs were a publicity stunt...I said the handling of them was.
    Reality shows know there "characters" better than their own families. By the time all the editing is done, the show is going to give you the picture they want you to see.
    It was a PR stunt that will give A&E (and the Robertsons) lots more moolah!
    2013-12-29 4:34 PM

User image

Pro

I didn't say his archaic personal beliefs were a publicity stunt...I said the handling of them was. Reality shows know there "characters" better than their own families. By the time all the editing is done, the show is going to give you the picture they want you to see. It was a PR stunt that will give A&E (and the Robertsons) lots more moolah!

So you think A & E set up the interview with GQ and then suspended Robertson when he said what they knew he would say after he was asked a question they knew he would be asked?  You've been hanging out with tuwood, haven't you?  

You haven't read what I wrote.......those Robertson's that you see on TV have been that way since Duck Commander began.......Duck Dynasty didn't start that family.  They sold MILLIONS of hunting videos long before DD came along.....and they were the same characters in those videos....because that's who they are.

A & E didn't create Duck Dynasty or the characters......not even close.

By the way....fundamentalist Christian views are hardly archaic......in fact, those views are currently held by tens of millions of people in the U.S.  It's a voice that will not be drown out.....thankfully.  The same way that the LGBT voice will not be drown out....thankfully.  I would gladly stand up and fight for either group to be heard and treated equally.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-12-29 4:41 PM

2013-12-29 6:00 PM

User image

Elite

I didn't say his archaic personal beliefs were a publicity stunt...I said the handling of them was. Reality shows know there "characters" better than their own families. By the time all the editing is done, the show is going to give you the picture they want you to see. It was a PR stunt that will give A&E (and the Robertsons) lots more moolah!

So you think A & E set up the interview with GQ and then suspended Robertson when he said what they knew he would say after he was asked a question they knew he would be asked?  You've been hanging out with tuwood, haven't you?  

You haven't read what I wrote.......those Robertson's that you see on TV have been that way since Duck Commander began.......Duck Dynasty didn't start that family.  They sold MILLIONS of hunting videos long before DD came along.....and they were the same characters in those videos....because that's who they are.

By the way....fundamentalist Christian views are hardly archaic......in fact, those views are currently held by tens of millions of people in the U.S.  It's a voice that will not be drown out.....thankfully.  The same way that the LGBT voice will not be drown out....thankfully.  I would gladly stand up and fight for either group to be heard and treated equally.

I'll begin by stating that by definition, his views are archaic. Christian Fundamentalism, literal interpretation of the bible is archaic. I didn't say it was good, bad, or in-between...it is what it is, archaic.
    Did I agree with the suspension? Of course not. Please don't assume I wanted "his voice drowned out." In fact, the more voices like his that are heard helps society in the long run.
    Do I believe the man is right? Oh heck no.
    So overall, what was the suspension for? It was silly. I firmly believe it was a PR stunt.

2013-12-29 6:28 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro

I'll begin by stating that by definition, his views are archaic. Christian Fundamentalism, literal interpretation of the bible is archaic. I didn't say it was good, bad, or in-between...it is what it is, archaic. Did I agree with the suspension? Of course not. Please don't assume I wanted "his voice drowned out." In fact, the more voices like his that are heard helps society in the long run. Do I believe the man is right? Oh heck no. So overall, what was the suspension for? It was silly. I firmly believe it was a PR stunt.

And I firmly believe it was done by A & E execs who think they are "enlightened" but don't have a clue......it's pretty common in that industry from my viewpoint.

And sorry, CD, literal interpretation of the Bible is as current as it is "archaic".  In fact, if we're to believe other interpretations of the bible, we could easily say that homosexuality as an accepted practice is also archaic....it has certainly been around as long as Christ..  It's really unfair to either side to label current views......they are simply "beliefs", and all should have equal merit.

2013-12-30 8:07 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

It was certainly interesting how it all transpired.   If anything it really helped the world see who is really intolerant in this whole issue.

2013-12-30 8:55 AM

User image

Master
    Oceanside, California

• No!
    Next you are going to say that Reality TV isn't real, and that they didn't always have beards or dress in camo!
    http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2013/October/131017/8C9407762...

Edited by eabeam 2013-12-30 8:57 AM
    2013-12-30 9:47 AM
    in reply to: eabeam

User image

Pro

Originally posted by eabeam
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy The whole deal was a publicity stunt from the get-go. ...and yeah, Jesse went way too far comparing this with the Rosa Parks experience.
    No! Next you are going to say that Reality TV isn't real, and that they didn't always have beards or dress in camo! http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2013/October/131017/8C9407762...

Here's a link from 2007....it was already their 11th video.....and the company was already worth many Millions.  If you think DD is a recent deal, it's only because you don't hunt.  They may be smarter than your average coonass, but those fellas have redneck running deep in their bones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZs8vV8La0

2013-12-30 12:31 PM

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY

No surprise here.....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/27/showbiz/duck-dynasty-resumes/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Pretty funny that A & E thought they were going to bully that bunch.  I guess Jesse Jackson can go "demand a meeting" with someone else.  

Once again, I don't agree whatsoever with his views, but they come from his heart and his steadfast religious beliefs.  This is still America, and you can still profess your beliefs in a peaceful manner.

Still, it appears to have been surprisingly easy to back down the  network......they have no beliefs other than dollars. LOL

I completely agree. A&E's reaction was beyond ridiculous. I've never seen the show, but it's not like his religious views are a big secret. It was pretty disingenuous for them to be SHOCKED! SHOCKED!! at his comments. He's a deeply devout guy from rural Louisiana. I would have been surprised if he'd felt differently. And, when you put a guy on tv every week and make him into a celebrity, don't act surprised when he decides to speak his mind.

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » HA!!! That didn't take long..... Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

Here's someone who takes hydration very seriously.

Started by Moonrocket
    Views: 1317 Posts: 17

2013-09-26 10:36 PM moondawg14

If new rules from the "fiscal cliff fiasco" didn't go into affect until 1 Jan...

Started by jldicarlo
    Views: 2319 Posts: 13

2013-04-27 8:44 AM GomesBolt
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : September 12, 2009
    author : Nancy Clark
    comments : 0
    Maintaining bone health throughout the lifespan should be a priority for all athletes, starting as youngsters and continuing as master's athletes.

date : June 11, 2007
    author : Total Immersion
    comments : 3
    Most of those thinking about tackling a long swim instinctively feel it’s necessary to Do much to build endurance - more yards, harder laps. But a focus on Receiving is ideal for long distances.
    date : April 11, 2007
    author : Coach AJ
    Discussion on the walk/run technique, run injury and cadence, barefoot running, staying aero on long climbs and HIM preparation

date : November 9, 2006
    author : BobbyMcgee
    How long should the 1st long run of a new season be and how to determine volumes when beginning training for a specific event.
    date : September 3, 2006
    author : AMSSM
    Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.

date : June 6, 2006
    author : DominiqueL
    The Elite wetsuit was redesigned four times before going to the market in order to maximize its benefits. Does all this speed come at the expense of comfort? I had to find out.
    date : March 5, 2006
    author : KevinKonczak
    Discussion on tapering, treadmill workout, long run issues, insituting run/walk, surrounded by hills and knowing your LT.

date : January 29, 2006
    author : Rich Strauss
    comments : 2
    The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.