BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-04-02 3:05 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Somehow I'm still alive after a weekend of entirely too much booze & shenanigans... some of which I even remember! 

I can't believe how much I've missed around here

• Salty's 30th birthday!!!!
  • New bikes
  • loss of port-a-loo
  • very regular girl in the news
  • Jonathan checking in - stay safe!
  • Oiselle - good stuff, but I wish they made long (tank style) sports bras
  • Awesome races by both Salty & Hands-Marie
  • new watches
  • other good stuff that I can't remember right now because I'm still recovering from Vegas.. 

It's good to be back!!  

The question is.... did VEGAS survive?

And was that a real tatoo on Twitter? Pix?

2014-04-02 3:23 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Seattle

Somehow I'm still alive after a weekend of entirely too much booze & shenanigans... some of which I even remember! 

• New bikes
  • loss of port-a-loo
  • new watches
  • other good stuff that I can't remember right now because I'm still recovering from Vegas.. 

It's good to be back!!  

Welcome back! Glad you and Vegas survived! Love the red Cannabis tat

2014-04-02 3:24 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

Ohh, speaking of twitter. I am trying to use it more. 

Feel free to follow me https://twitter.com/ASalzwed

2014-04-02 3:44 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by rrrunner

• New bikes
  • loss of port-a-loo
  • new watches

It's good to be back!!  

The question is.... did VEGAS survive?

And was that a real tatoo on Twitter? Pix?

Yep, real tattoo!  (there's also a picture of it in my BT blog)... I've still got ONE more tat that I'd like to get, but it'll going to take about 3-4 hours and I'm just not ready for that yet!  

As far as I know Vegas is still standing, or at least I haven't gotten a bill for any destruction yet...   

2014-04-02 3:46 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Asalzwed

• New bikes
  • loss of port-a-loo
  • new watches

It's good to be back!!  

Welcome back! Glad you and Vegas survived! Love the red Cannabis tat

It's a "Colourful Marijuana Leaf" thankyouverymuch!   

I now need a vacation after my vacation.  

2014-04-02 3:47 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Ohh, speaking of twitter. I am trying to use it more. 

Feel free to follow me https://twitter.com/ASalzwed

Did I find you already?  I have no idea why the heck I'm asking here, I could just look on my Twitter page.  Duh.  

2014-04-02 3:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Jonathan, good to hear from you!!  Thanks for checking in, stop by again, please!

I'm on Twitter, too, and post occassionally - mpayton15 - look for the emu, ha!

Salty - I'm officially stalking you for Boston!

Do you think we could get a group rate on those awesome cooler trikes?  That is awesome!

Monica - Glad you survived Vegas, or is it Vegas survived you?

Edited by melbo55 2014-04-02 3:54 PM
2014-04-02 7:27 PM
in reply to: jbwills

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by jbwills

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by jbwills Hello all, I know it has been a while since I posted or even logged anything. I am finally getting back to working out and prepping for a 2 half-marathons. I am also slowly going to prep for Beach to Battleship in late October. B2B will be interesting as I will be stateside for 2-6 weeks before the race to finish getting my swim in place (currently in Afghanistan). I am looking at doing some dry land training to keep the muscles in shape and work on some dry land technic to try and improve my swim. I hope everyone has been doing well and training and racing like Manatees do. Jonathan

Ice Cube!!! {MELON PRESS} but what about Pikatti?

Wow, lots of love to you in Afghanistan. Can't be easy. BTW for dryland swim stuff you can't beat swim cords (make 'em with whatever you got, it's easy):

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4DD1FE0E3ABC7F8

Pikatti is safely with my mom in TN. He is going to be very spoiled when I get him back in mid-Sept to early Oct. My mom is enjoying some extra time with him and it is helping her since she thinks her dog, Brutus, will not be with us much longer.

I will keep everyone informed as to how the training is going and hopefully get back in here more.
Jonathan so good to see you. Good luck with the training while you are in Afghanistan, I know my brother said it was manageable but difficult while he was there a couple of years ago.
2014-04-02 7:38 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Hi guys a quick puppy update. They are now 3.5 weeks old. They started on some real food meals this week as they have started to get teeth. I must say they love chicken mince and puppy milk. They will be heading outside for the first time this weekend, hopefully it will make them so tired that they will finally start to sleep through the night - one can only hope.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (1613KB - 10 downloads)
2014-04-02 8:18 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by StaceyK Hi guys a quick puppy update. They are now 3.5 weeks old. They started on some real food meals this week as they have started to get teeth. I must say they love chicken mince and puppy milk. They will be heading outside for the first time this weekend, hopefully it will make them so tired that they will finally start to sleep through the night - one can only hope.

Awwww....  They look so peaceful; must be because you caught them during one of the 5 min/day they're sleeping.  Those puppy teeth can be wicked sharp.  Bet their mom will be ready to stop nursing soon!!  I can only imagine how adorable they'll be toddling around outside for the first time.  How much do they weigh these days?

2014-04-02 11:17 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by StaceyK Hi guys a quick puppy update. They are now 3.5 weeks old. They started on some real food meals this week as they have started to get teeth. I must say they love chicken mince and puppy milk. They will be heading outside for the first time this weekend, hopefully it will make them so tired that they will finally start to sleep through the night - one can only hope.

Awwww....  They look so peaceful; must be because you caught them during one of the 5 min/day they're sleeping.  Those puppy teeth can be wicked sharp.  Bet their mom will be ready to stop nursing soon!!  I can only imagine how adorable they'll be toddling around outside for the first time.  How much do they weigh these days?

Yep they had just been feed - it's the only time they are quiet. Their mum is really good and she is still feeding them despite their teeth but that will most likely change in the next couple of days. The two big girls (the one with the lime green collar and the one laying next to the one with the red collar) weighed 3.5kg yesterday, that's nearly 8#. They are hefty little girls. The biggest boys aren't that far behind though.

2014-04-03 5:55 AM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by StaceyKHi guys a quick puppy update. They are now 3.5 weeks old. They started on some real food meals this week as they have started to get teeth. I must say they love chicken mince and puppy milk. They will be heading outside for the first time this weekend, hopefully it will make them so tired that they will finally start to sleep through the night - one can only hope.
OMG, they are SO cute!!
2014-04-03 7:43 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Melon Presser

We have a fresh brand spankin' new thread here:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=513674&page=1&posts=1#M4975867

This Manatee had just gotten too big! Heh. Hard to swim uphill with that much mass ...

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 24539 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 36831 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 17180 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.