General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Back on track Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-02 6:28 AM

Subject: Back on track
Hi everyone!
Recently, I decided that it's high time to get back on track and start training for tri races again. I did my last triathlon back in 2008 and I've had this strong feeling that I can never make it back. :-( Today, at 31, I've had this strong feeling that I can't make it (shame on me!) but I know that it is all about hard work and self-discipline.
I haven't been all passive in these past 5 years, I use my bike as transport every day, sometimes I go running and swimming, too, but never so frequently as I did before. I guess I need a good training plan and really stick to it. Dropping those 7-8 extra kilos could help, too. :-)

I really love this site and the community!

Happy New Year to all!

2014-01-03 2:04 PM
in reply to: Maggie2011

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Back on track

Originally posted by Maggie2011 Hi everyone! Recently, I decided that it's high time to get back on track and start training for tri races again. I did my last triathlon back in 2008 and I've had this strong feeling that I can never make it back. :-( Today, at 31, I've had this strong feeling that I can't make it (shame on me!) but I know that it is all about hard work and self-discipline. I haven't been all passive in these past 5 years, I use my bike as transport every day, sometimes I go running and swimming, too, but never so frequently as I did before. I guess I need a good training plan and really stick to it. Dropping those 7-8 extra kilos could help, too. :-) I really love this site and the community! Happy New Year to all!

You absolutely CAN make it back!!!  Esp. at only 31 years old!  I was 42 when I decided to get off the couch; I had NEVER been athletic before.  It all started with the Couch-to-5K program and mushroomed into a seasoned triathlete.  I have become a bit complacent over the past year and have gained some weight, so like you, I'd like to drop several pounds so that I'll feel better while training.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to go ahead and register for a race, then find a training plan to get you there.

Best wishes!

Maria

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Back on track Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Former ahtlete gets back on track with Triathlon

Started by whelms48
Views: 896 Posts: 5

2007-10-21 2:28 PM TriAya

Idaho State Track

Started by ISU runner
Views: 479 Posts: 2

2007-02-04 9:48 AM Bill

Back on track in TN!

Started by jkhend
Views: 729 Posts: 15

2006-02-17 2:08 PM tech_geezer

Back after a four week lay off.

Started by bigfish
Views: 1003 Posts: 8

2004-04-19 11:56 PM Y-NOT-TRI

Just back from Oz

Started by CLLinIA
Views: 1309 Posts: 15

2004-01-25 8:18 AM CLLinIA
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : May 19, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Use this redesigned feature of your training logs to keep track of your time and mileage on all of your gear including shoes, bikes, tires, clothes, etc.
date : January 28, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on doing Ironman Wisconsin on a road bike and a training plan for back-to-back centuries.

date : February 7, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 4
Is it good to listen to music while lap swimming? Are there any devices to help you keep track of your laps?
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.

date : March 20, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 3
Provided one was proficient in setting up the different functions of the Lap Track, I think that a short-course triathlete would benefit most from this, since it only records splits up to 50 laps.
date : April 21, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to use our detailed online race log to track your season and progress.

date : October 17, 2004
author : mbologna
One way to improve your speed is to do track work that totals the time and distance goal. The idea is to slowly condition your body to be comfortable at your goal pace.