Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-03-14 11:47 AM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Subject: RE: Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

I'm still at the point where I don't care enough about the players that I fast forward through a lot.  So, for time management, that's good.

I was just thrilled about J'tia.  Finally they vote the way I want.

I used to like the cop lady, but she's too gullible and paranoid.  She even said "I know it's not a good idea to throw a challenge, but...."   Girl, listen to yourself.  I am glad it didn't work.

re cop lady, what is it with police to the end??  I get that there's a police culture, but come on.  And police dude sure isn't adhering to any police code.....

thank GOD j'tia is gone.  I bet the producers were tearing their hair out, there has to be a point where they say "ok we have to shake up the tribes, we don't have any challenges for three pathetic players....."

Beauty tribe?  Have to agree, not so much beauty there. Brains, not so much there.  Bout the only accurate one is Brawn

2014-03-14 1:00 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
Can you imagine if you are J'Tias manager at the nuclear labs where she works and you have to give her a critical performance appraisal, or tell her she did not get the promotion or project she was angling for?

After watching this show I'm sure her manager is making sure she does not have access to any non-stable isotopes.
2014-03-17 7:22 AM
in reply to: mgalanter

Master
Memphis, TN
Entertaining episode. Very dumb for the cop lady to try to throw the challenge all because he's already rich? That is the dumbest idea I've seen on this show. You can use that later toward the end but it's week 3. That strategy has been tried and almost always blown up in their faces in the past.

J'tia should have gone home the first vote but Kass is a social idiot and told her she was going. Minus the brain guy I hope they all get voted out one by one.

The chicken discussion by the beauty team was classic. They are the stereotypical hot, dumb people.

2014-03-17 12:41 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Bronze member

Just caught up, I'm starting to root for Spencer a little bit although it is still too early.  He is playing with a lot of heart, trying so hard but getting nothing from his tribe. And arfter all of that he is able to keep calm and not point fingers even though you know he is completely frustrated. Those ladies were really terrible at that challenge.

2014-03-17 12:55 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by cdban66

I'm still at the point where I don't care enough about the players that I fast forward through a lot.  So, for time management, that's good.

I was just thrilled about J'tia.  Finally they vote the way I want.

I used to like the cop lady, but she's too gullible and paranoid.  She even said "I know it's not a good idea to throw a challenge, but...."   Girl, listen to yourself.  I am glad it didn't work.

I caught up last night.  I agree about voting her out, mostly because she couldn't get through a challenge at all, but all because she was bat crap crazy. In the beginning of play, especially in a 3 tribe game, the size of your team matters. So you CAN'T keep losing challenges. And the brawn team trying to throw a challenge?!?! What are they thinking?  I know this is a general statement, but having more teammates means you go further into the game after the merge. 

I am looking forward to the shakeup though. Does anyone have any ideas on next week?

That team trying to throw the challenge to get rid of Cliff was horrible! I felt so sorry for Cliff. It was pretty funny to see that they couldn't suck bad enough to lose to the brains team. Ha! 

2014-03-17 3:41 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by Jtiger Entertaining episode. Very dumb for the cop lady to try to throw the challenge all because he's already rich? That is the dumbest idea I've seen on this show. You can use that later toward the end but it's week 3. That strategy has been tried and almost always blown up in their faces in the past. J'tia should have gone home the first vote but Kass is a social idiot and told her she was going. Minus the brain guy I hope they all get voted out one by one. The chicken discussion by the beauty team was classic. They are the stereotypical hot, dumb people.

Yeah, that's a card you play later.  Why would you do anything to weaken your tribe early on for no reason?  That makes no sense.

2014-03-17 5:09 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Kido

Originally posted by Jtiger Entertaining episode. Very dumb for the cop lady to try to throw the challenge all because he's already rich? That is the dumbest idea I've seen on this show. You can use that later toward the end but it's week 3. That strategy has been tried and almost always blown up in their faces in the past. J'tia should have gone home the first vote but Kass is a social idiot and told her she was going. Minus the brain guy I hope they all get voted out one by one. The chicken discussion by the beauty team was classic. They are the stereotypical hot, dumb people.

Yeah, that's a card you play later.  Why would you do anything to weaken your tribe early on for no reason?  That makes no sense.

And it isn't even the strategy... the target was ridiculous. You WANT Cliff sitting next to you. How they think he is such a huge threat they need to throw a challenge is beyond me. 

2014-03-21 6:49 AM
in reply to: powerman

Master
Memphis, TN
Good episode. Interesting the swap draw was so uneven by keeping the brawn tribe together. The brains tribe finally stopped bleeding members. Great reward challenge with brute strength pulling an opponent off the pole. Cliff wasn't going anywhere, until tribal.

Why get him out this early? It makes no sense.
2014-03-21 5:15 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Jtiger Good episode. Interesting the swap draw was so uneven by keeping the brawn tribe together. The brains tribe finally stopped bleeding members. Great reward challenge with brute strength pulling an opponent off the pole. Cliff wasn't going anywhere, until tribal. Why get him out this early? It makes no sense.

They keep saying he is a physical threat... but history shows us big guys are not really threats. It's all mental and endurance later in the game. Not that he is short on those, but he is no more a "physical threat" than the other big guy trying to get him out. That cop just seems crooked. He thinks crooked too easily.

As it turned out... it was not a big deal for the tribe... because they wanted cliff out anyway, but they wanted ude out first... which was the right move. You get rid of dude so he can't stick around and sway votes. He was the obvious choice. As it turns out... Cliff would have gone home if he played his idol... but now he still has it. They looked at him, but I don't think they "know" he has one, or he would not have been up. So did he tell them o get the heat off of himself... who knows.

2014-03-28 8:04 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Wow for someone who puts up such a tough girl front Lindsey is a weak, whiny brat. I don't like her so I'll give up my shot at $1 million because she confronted me. Granted Trish shouldn't have rubbed salt in the wound so soon after tribal but Lindsey should have just kept her mouth shut instead of escalating the situation. That's just plain immaturity at the age of 29, which is pretty pathetic. She was never really a player in the game so I doubt she had a shot at the money anyway.

Tony talks to much and it's going to get him in trouble. Nice move to target a strong player like Jeramiah on the other tribe during the raid but don't reveal all your lies you previously told that way. He felt on top of the world and the game after an immunity and it's probably going to come back to bite him.

I was hoping Alexis would stay just for the hot factor. However, my wife is very happy Jeremiah and LJ are still there.

Other than the quitting, not a very exciting episode. Probst went pretty easy on Lindsey when she quit. Usually he is really pissed because she took a spot others would kill for. Remember Colton? Obviously we don't see the full story only the edit so there may have been some harsh words that never made it to air.

I think I'm pulling for Spencer now.

2014-03-28 9:03 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Jtiger Wow for someone who puts up such a tough girl front Lindsey is a weak, whiny brat. I don't like her so I'll give up my shot at $1 million because she confronted me. Granted Trish shouldn't have rubbed salt in the wound so soon after tribal but Lindsey should have just kept her mouth shut instead of escalating the situation. That's just plain immaturity at the age of 29, which is pretty pathetic. She was never really a player in the game so I doubt she had a shot at the money anyway. Tony talks to much and it's going to get him in trouble. Nice move to target a strong player like Jeramiah on the other tribe during the raid but don't reveal all your lies you previously told that way. He felt on top of the world and the game after an immunity and it's probably going to come back to bite him. I was hoping Alexis would stay just for the hot factor. However, my wife is very happy Jeremiah and LJ are still there. Other than the quitting, not a very exciting episode. Probst went pretty easy on Lindsey when she quit. Usually he is really pissed because she took a spot others would kill for. Remember Colton? Obviously we don't see the full story only the edit so there may have been some harsh words that never made it to air. I think I'm pulling for Spencer now.

I'm with you on this. His reaction to Lindsey being gone was spot on. Sad that she walked away, because of the "Respect for the game" factor. But if I did nothing and there is one less person in the game, I'd be OK with that.

Edited by cdban66 2014-03-28 9:04 AM

2014-03-29 2:10 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Elite

Lamest quit EVAH! Are you kidding me... she was on a winning tribe. Eating, comfortable, no real dram... and you quite because some dumb chic got under your skin. Without a doubt the lamest move ever... and no, I'm not buying it for a minute that she quit because "she was afraid what she might do"... PALEASE!

Alexis just did not seem to be liked by many... but I'm sorry, her crying afterwards was just plain funny... I didn't even make it to merge... She had no clue. It was not that big of a deal, I did not think she was a huge threat in the game, but they launched her. Never saw it coming. It probably is editing... but without a doubt... those that feel the most secure, are usually the next voted out. that should be a clue... you should be very afraid.

Tony... that dude is just plain shady. To me, he seems like he is a Russel Hantz. He is going way to hard, and being way to flaky. $20 bucks he makes it to final 3 and doesn't win. He isn't going to get the votes with how he is playing now.

Martial arts dude and Spencer are cool. Karate kid is going to be tough down the stretch. He is going to win some immunities.

2014-03-31 7:04 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by powerman

Lamest quit EVAH! Are you kidding me... she was on a winning tribe. Eating, comfortable, no real dram... and you quite because some dumb chic got under your skin. Without a doubt the lamest move ever... and no, I'm not buying it for a minute that she quit because "she was afraid what she might do"... PALEASE!

Alexis just did not seem to be liked by many... but I'm sorry, her crying afterwards was just plain funny... I didn't even make it to merge... She had no clue. It was not that big of a deal, I did not think she was a huge threat in the game, but they launched her. Never saw it coming. It probably is editing... but without a doubt... those that feel the most secure, are usually the next voted out. that should be a clue... you should be very afraid.

Tony... that dude is just plain shady. To me, he seems like he is a Russel Hantz. He is going way to hard, and being way to flaky. $20 bucks he makes it to final 3 and doesn't win. He isn't going to get the votes with how he is playing now.

Martial arts dude and Spencer are cool. Karate kid is going to be tough down the stretch. He is going to win some immunities.

I agree about Woo. I think he has the build for those endurance challenges that Monica killed last time. Smaller, strong person that can mentally tough things out does well. He seemed to be on the wrong side of the Cliff alliance so maybe he can rebound.

Tony is enjoying his little victory right now a little to much. People remember that and when he twists the knife as he votes someone else out I'm sure he will too.

Merge this coming week so it should be interesting.

2014-03-31 12:47 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

The worst parts of that episode were watching Trish and Tony talk.    If Trish is really that mean, then I am upset with humanity.  If she thinks she is "playing the game" then I know she's an idiot.  I was embarrassed to even watch it, i can't imagine being there.  I think a person can only tolerate so much b.s. and I don't blame Lindsey for wanting to quit, figuring she probably wouldn't win anyway.   What's the point.  Now, whether I would actually quit.. I am not sure.   The chance at 1 mil is just not important enough to everyone.

Tony - yikes.  That's not game winning relationship building, buddy.  Get it together!  You can think that stuff, but saying it will get you no where.  Also an idiot.

I like Spencer, personally, so surely he won't win. I think Woo is too easily a flipper and others will catch on eventually. 

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2014-03-31 12:53 PM
2014-03-31 2:55 PM

Master
Memphis, TN

The worst parts of that episode were watching Trish and Tony talk.    If Trish is really that mean, then I am upset with humanity.  If she thinks she is "playing the game" then I know she's an idiot.  I was embarrassed to even watch it, i can't imagine being there.  I think a person can only tolerate so much b.s. and I don't blame Lindsey for wanting to quit, figuring she probably wouldn't win anyway.   What's the point.  Now, whether I would actually quit.. I am not sure.   The chance at 1 mil is just not important enough to everyone.

Tony - yikes.  That's not game winning relationship building, buddy.  Get it together!  You can think that stuff, but saying it will get you no where.  Also an idiot.

I like Spencer, personally, so surely he won't win. I think Woo is too easily a flipper and others will catch on eventually. 

I guess I don't think that Trish went that hard on Lindsey. Granted Trish should have kept quiet after tribal but she didn't and Lindsey should have scrambled instead of pouting.

Just because you see your game shot now doesn't mean there isn't a crack that can work.
2014-03-31 4:11 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Jtiger

I guess I don't think that Trish went that hard on Lindsey. Granted Trish should have kept quiet after tribal but she didn't and Lindsey should have scrambled instead of pouting. Just because you see your game shot now doesn't mean there isn't a crack that can work.

She didn't... ti was not that big of a deal... more of her just being an idiot... they are not even to the jury yet and Trish is not winning any friends either... I would have just kept my mouth shut and let her be an idiot. Bottom line is Trish wanted to rub in in her face that she "won"... and Lindsey was butt hurt that she was on the wrong side of the vote and her ally was voted out... get over it... that's Survivor. Out wit, out last, out play... never mind, I quit.

2014-04-01 6:50 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by powerman

Originally posted by Jtiger

I guess I don't think that Trish went that hard on Lindsey. Granted Trish should have kept quiet after tribal but she didn't and Lindsey should have scrambled instead of pouting. Just because you see your game shot now doesn't mean there isn't a crack that can work.

She didn't... ti was not that big of a deal... more of her just being an idiot... they are not even to the jury yet and Trish is not winning any friends either... I would have just kept my mouth shut and let her be an idiot. Bottom line is Trish wanted to rub in in her face that she "won"... and Lindsey was butt hurt that she was on the wrong side of the vote and her ally was voted out... get over it... that's Survivor. Out wit, out last, out play... never mind, I quit.

Tony and Trish aren't making any friends except each other and LJ. I'd take them to the finals if it worked out that way just because of how they act and twist the knife.

I know the editing is heavy but Tony is a moron the way he talks. I wonder if he and Sarah will realign after his "top 5" comment.
2014-04-01 11:44 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Okay, I watched again and I don't know what I was thinking about the Trish/Lindsey confrontation. I still think Trish is crass, but Lindsay was far more rude.  Never mind!

2014-04-02 11:50 PM

User image

Elite

OK, that was pretty stupid. So Sarah is the swing vote... true... but she was too wishy washy and left it out there too long. Tony pitched a good deal... but so what... if you are the swing... then you are not "in control". It means you do not know where you stand with either tribe, and they just want your vote. Decide where you want to be and go. 

Then Cass.... what is her deal? I kinda like her, she isn't doing too bad... but why the insistence on messing with Sahra? And then, for no other reason than you don't want her to be swing... you decide to swing, and screw your whole alliance over... that was a really dumb move. fine you don't like Sarah, but secure the numbers... get one of their out, and then you get sahra next, and still maintain numbers. Didn't seem like the others liked Sahra... that would be easy.... now she is done. Now it's even, now your alliance hates you, and the other one does not really care about you. WTF?

Yes they were probably going to vote Tony or LJ... but the whole theatrics of the two idols... you have TWO idols, and you blow both like that? And... OK, maybe it did actually save one of them, but it was obvious the other alliance discussed the possibility and had another choice ready to go. Ultimately it's fine. They stayed, one of the others left, but if Cass didn't flip... and Sarah did stick to her word.... Jefra would have gone home... down on numbers and two idols gone. 

I'm cool with some excitement... and at this point it still really is... who cares as long as it's not me... but that just seemed like a bunch of boneheaded play by a bunch of people thinking they were brilliant. 

I still like Spencer and Woo. I kinda liked Cass... but she was the one that talked about "people losing their cool"... she lost her cool. Jefra actually isn't playing too bad. LJ and dude are still in it. Tony, Yoga lady, NFL girl, last brain girl, need to go. Cass is losing her charm too. 

2014-04-03 6:59 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Cass is a child. She has this victim mentality at the same time she wants to make sure you know she's the smartest one in the room but she is very bad with people.

WTF is wrong with her if she's telling Sarah that she is worried about her loyalty. Cass made this mistake with unstable J'Tia and J'Tia dumped the rice that is 100% Cass right there.

She's an attorney. Doesn't she understand that sometimes it's more important to just listen? Let Sarah feel like queen for a day this is a game about the long game not small victories. People that play like that go home. What Cass did was get an ally in Jefra and maybe LJ since they are tight. Cass can probably win back her brains tribe if she does some serious damage control and vote out what is left of the brawn tribe or beauty. That assumes she has social awareness, which she just lacks.

I was impressed with Tony doing so well in the challenge an expected Trish to do better being a Pilaties instructor but the wind looked like it was blowing pretty hard and Trish doesn't look like she weighs much and was blown over like an empty solo cup.

At least it was an exciting tribal council but I agree that she was better off voting Jefra and then Sarah but could she trust Morgan and Jeramiah completely?

Sarah's problem was that she has no social awareness and didn't realize that she isn't the only one that could switch sides. She had no clue that it could be anyone but her. She should have just maintained her tight alliance and went along or at least had a dialogue with her alliance. Jeramiah did everything he could to calm them down but Cass was having none of it and some unresolved HS bullying was coming up in her mind. I get that it's a long time to spend with someone out there but you get rid of people you can't get along with early to make life better and right now you put up with a lot of crap to win the game.

At least Sarah took it like a man and didn't cry like Alexis who is still a stone cold fox.
2014-04-03 7:36 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

We were talking about it at home last night and came to the conclusion that the brains should have been working on someone (Woo was our choice) to build numbers even stronger. It always seems like you need one more person than you think you do. I'm not sure it would have worked, but at that point you minimize Sarah's strength. Or Cass' stupidity. 

One thing I will give Cass, she mentioned that strong people in a less numerous group ought to be concerned, and that in turn flushed the two idols. That may come back to haunt the Brawn alliance in the next few challenges.

2014-04-03 8:31 AM

User image

Elite
So it's not just me then. She really kinda lost it. Seems smart, doesn't act it.

Edited by powerman 2014-04-03 8:32 AM
2014-04-03 11:18 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

That's was Survivor suicide - and Spencer even said that.  You think Tony's tribe will take Cass in as one of their own?  No, she was tool to get them what they wanted and they will dump her as soon as they can.  The tribe she WAS on?  Hate her.

HOWEVER, there is many ways to play Survivor.  If you can flip flop all game and always be the swing vote, then you stick around.  Screw enough people over, they eventually keep you to the finals because you're hated.  Sometimes always being on the outside, and always being the person that people go to to make flip can allow you to last a long time.

Not how I would play, to be honest.  I think you ALWAYS fly just under the radar and occasionally make a "blip".  Then at the right time, make a big move.

Cass got rid of Sarah just because she didn't like how she flaunted her control (which was also Sarah's stupidity, to be honest).  You don't go around bragging how you can control the game (actually, control this ONE vote, is all).  You stay low, hear the proposals, then "sheepishly" make a choice.  No one likes showboats, so that's not the route I would choose to take.

Honestly?  There are have a TON of questionable votes this year.  Many don't make much sense.  I still don't get why you throw a challenge when you are strong to try to get rid of Cliff, who did nothing to nobody. 

2014-04-03 6:32 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
Crazy strategy or not, that was one HELL of a tribal council last night!
So often it's predictable as heck...that was just wild last night. Loved it!

2014-04-04 11:05 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Crazy strategy or not, that was one HELL of a tribal council last night! So often it's predictable as heck...that was just wild last night. Loved it!

I often wonder how much the directors play a role.  The OBVIOUSLY arrange the votes being pulled out of the jar to prolong the suspense.  It's always a tie with one vote left.  Statistics would dictate that once in a while someone would be voted out before all votes are revealed (well, other than when it's overwhelming).  Even if it's 7 vs 1, they will read the "1" vote first or second to scare...

I wonder if the whole Tony saves wha'tshisname and what'shis name saved Tony was their idea to ham it up for the cameras or if the directors told them to do that.  Most people would probably say, I'm going to save myself, and the other guy would say "I will also save myself".

ALSO, I think if you say you have an idol, you don't have to play it.  They will change the vote.  That trick will work ONCE, almost guaranteed.  I would say I have it, then hold onto it, IMO.  It would be a risky move for the other tribe to vote for you anyways after you announce you have it.  BUT the second time?  They may not be so easily fooled.   

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Survivor--Samoa (potential spoiler)

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 1006 Posts: 17

2009-11-20 3:08 PM CalgaryRunner

SURVIVOR 9/18/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 693 Posts: 12

2009-09-21 10:47 AM JBrashear

SURVIVOR - Finale 5/17/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 794 Posts: 7

2009-05-18 7:42 PM Afletcher

Survivor 4/23-SPOILERS

Started by David tri's
Views: 980 Posts: 17

2009-04-24 7:28 PM StMaas

Survivor 4/16/09 SPOILER

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 928 Posts: 6

2009-04-20 9:56 PM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : August 17, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.
date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.

date : November 29, 2004
author : Ron
What we see is that people want to look good – in a bad way. Our society paints a picture of beauty. But nobody wants to really go back to basics of diet and exercise as the fountain of youth.