General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First tri in Oct if I can find a carpool Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-06 7:48 PM

User image

Regular
Taos, New Mexico
Subject: First tri in Oct if I can find a carpool
Where to start? Well, I guess that's the point, I started. Training, that is. Yippee! I'm not the type to be able to do anything consistently, so it's pretty exciting to be able to say that I've more-or-less been training regularly for the last few weeks and am starting on a "real" training plan.

I've always been active but had counted on my work to keep me in shape, so the last few years of much time behind a computer have turned me into a slug. My triathlon goal is finally giving me the motivation and structure to get back in shape! This site is a great help, as I don't have much of a community of triathletes here and am usually a bit shy to ask to train with folks.

So, I'd like to do the sprint tri in Tuscon on Oct 15, the Tinfoilman. The reality of gas prices is starting to scare me, though. This is the closest race I could find in Oct/Nov and I don't think I'll be really ready before then (I'm starting a 9 week intensive plan from the book "Woman Triathlete"). I'm considering entering the one in Parker, CO in Sept just to see if I can finish and get some practice with transitions.

Anyone have any suggestions or want to carpool to the Tinfoilman?

2006-08-07 3:21 PM
in reply to: #503581

User image

Master
Des Moines, Iowa
Subject: RE: First tri in Oct if I can find a carpool
Congrats on starting to train...using a plan will help you stay on track.  As you know there's a lot of great stuff on this site.  Hope you find a carpool to that tri in Tuscon.  Welcome to BT :-)
2006-08-08 6:48 PM

User image

Pro
Evanston,

There are forums for the individual states here on BT - you might want to see how active yours is.  (Here in Texas, we have a pretty active group.)  To get to the state forums, go to "Who's Training & Racing- U.S." at the bottom of the forums list.

Good luck, and happy tri'ing!

2006-08-08 7:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Congrats on your consistency.  Some local clubs do tri's within the club so check to see if there is club close.  If gas is a problem you could always make your own course for your first race.  I used to do this every Saturday with some friends.  We would mark the distance and put together our own transition and off we would go.  Not as fun as an organized but a lot cheaper.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First tri in Oct if I can find a carpool Rss Feed