General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Selling my race wheels (650c) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-03 1:35 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: Selling my race wheels (650c)

I'm putting this here instead of Classifieds because I really prefer a local or semi-local pick up.
Please feel free to forward on to anyone who might be interested!

I’m selling my (used) HED3 Tri Spoke carbon clincher wheel set – 650c size.

These wheels would be great for someone looking to get into a more aerodynamic, lighter wheel set at a great entry-level price. They come with Continental Grand Prix 4000 tires (+ tubes), and a 12-27 Shimano Ultegra cassette. I put this cassette on new in 2010 to get some extra gears for a hilly race course. This wheel set has only been used for racing. They are full carbon and due to the design, require either a valve adapter or nano inflator to fill the tires – I will include both.

Asking $450

For a comparable, this set of nearly-identical wheels (with no cassette or extras) sold for $455 + $50 shipping last week on eBay.

Feel free to forward to anyone who might be interested – prefer local pickup in Wichita but for BTers I am willing to meet you in the middle somewhere

Please email with any additional questions ([email protected])

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Selling my race wheels (650c) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Selling my tri bike

Started by dprocket
Views: 1090 Posts: 1

2013-10-20 11:54 AM dprocket

Selling frameset - Listing here first for local sale

Started by Jayhox
Views: 1432 Posts: 8

2013-10-01 8:46 PM Jayhox

Local Wheel Offer - Hed Jet 6/9 Flamme Rouge at great price

Started by Jayhox
Views: 1112 Posts: 2

2013-07-22 10:16 PM dprocket

Does Topeka tinman sell out?

Started by rdy
Views: 627 Posts: 2

2013-02-21 10:40 PM Barkeep

tri on wheels?

Started by StashaD
Views: 1041 Posts: 6

2011-07-29 10:00 AM wingsfan
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2012
author : KarbonSpeed
comments : 2
"These wheels are really fast and we can prove it with our tests from the A2 Wind Tunnel. We developed an ultra-fast modified V-Notch rim shape which keeps drag to an minimum."

date : October 27, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Hint: It's not a one-person job
date : August 7, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Looking to rent or try-before-you-buy race wheels for your next triathlon? Coach AJ checks out the service at RaceDay Wheels.

date : December 15, 2008
My back wheel needs to be trued up. It has a slight side-to-side wobble, and I feel at times like I'm going to lose control when I ride. Is this something that I should only trust to my LBS to do?
date : September 4, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Coach AJ reviews the Reynolds SDV 66 Racing Wheel and the PowerTap 2.4 SL Wireless Power Meter.

date : August 5, 2008
The wheels are my first area of concern and I have started to shop around. I find it nauseating to think of spending the same amount for wheels as my bike. Any help?
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : April 13, 2007
author : B-One
comments : 8
This article estimates how much time can be saved in sprint races by converting from stock aero wheels found on most tri bikes to more aero disk and composite spoked wheels.