Other Resources The Political Joe » speaking of legal speak Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-05 3:23 PM

Subject: speaking of legal speak
was at the post office today and saw this:

"We respect your privacy and will never share your email address or phone number with any unauthorized third parties.
We use your contact information to send your transaction confirmation"

which got me to thinking, what is an "unauthorized parties." looked at the fine print and turns out, USPS does sell your info to telemarketers, which they kindly refer to as "call centers":

The Postal Service at times enters into relationships with service providers in order to provide the highest quality product or service. Service providers can include entities that provide assistance for the program, such as a call center, or a partner for the program. Where the Postal Service has partnered with another such entity, we will indicate that partnership to you using such words as "Powered by..."

2014-03-05 3:35 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: speaking of legal speak

"Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping tom to install your window blinds."

— John Perry Barlow

2014-03-05 4:40 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Hook'em

"Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping tom to install your window blinds."

— John Perry Barlow

lol, i love it.

The worst spam deluge I have ever gotten was when I signed up for an SBA training class on Veteran owned businesses.  Within minutes of submitting my registration I started receiving over 100 emails a day from every idiot company on earth that wanted to help me sell products to the government.

It tapered off over the last year or so, but I still get 5-10 per week almost 2 years later.

2014-03-06 9:12 AM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Phone companies and city permitting agencies also sell lists.

When you open a business or just change phone service, you get deluged by credit card processors and various other entities wanting your money.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » speaking of legal speak Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Speaking of the media..

Started by JoshR
Views: 1499 Posts: 23

2013-04-23 1:00 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2004
author : chrisandniki
comments : 0
Learn to perform routine maintenance on your bike. Knowing basic maintenance will make you a better rider. You’ll also come to recognize the complexity and beauty of this machine.