General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ambit 2 Logbook modifications Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-07 7:41 AM

Subject: Ambit 2 Logbook modifications
Hello everyone,
I have been working with my Ambit 2 for a few months now, and I have to say that I love. it makes my workouts so much more productive, and I can finally see in a data format what I have done and what needs to be improved.

I have a few questions about the logbook, which are the following:
- How do I erase the old workouts from the memory inside the watch?
- If I don't erase the old records, wouldn't the watch get full at one point, or does it replace the old data with the new workout automatically? if so, what is the general capacity of the logbook, so that I can make sure I trasfer everything on movescoumt before I loose any data?
- why is the watch slow un storing the workouts? is it because it has to erase a old workout before he can save a new one? is there any way I can make it faster?

Thank you so much for your help.
I hope everyone enjoys a great weekend and happy workouts to everyone

Marco

2014-03-07 10:46 AM
in reply to: pilotaids

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Ambit 2 Logbook modifications

it keeps the last 15 or so workouts in the log book, and then just deletes them.  But if you've been synching to the computer, that's where all the detailed date goes and is offloaded from the watch.  So, what you see in the log book is merely a summary of the workout.

When 50% of the logbook memory has not been synced to Movescount, the watch will display a reminder after an exercise and when you enter the logbook. The reminder also shows how much memory (in percent) has not been synced.  So- you get a 'warning' long before there's a problem.

There's that big question of exactly how many hours of running (or other sports) recording the memory will store.  I haven't found a spec from Suunto anywhere, and I presume it's very dependent on the recording interval selected, what other ANT+ devices it may also be collecting data from, and even your heart rate!

here's a quote from a blog review of the watch that put my mind completely at ease:

The one area I do have to be wary of is just how much running data can be stored on the watch - thus far my longest duration run was circa 22.5 hours for the Lakeland 100 and, when I finished on top of the LL100 data there were runs going back for the previous week with at least another 12 hours of running data. So I think I'm good to go for runs of up to 34.5 hours ...

-http://stolly14.blogspot.com/2013/07/suunto-ambit-2-review.html

2014-03-07 7:18 PM

User image

Pro

I just found out something else.  The maximum number of hours in the on-board log is 199 hours.  But, you can only get that long if you set the GPS interval to OK (60s), the recording interval to 10 seconds, and without heart rate data.  So, practically- it would quite a bit less than that if you're using 1s GPS, 1s recording interval and with a high HR.  

2014-03-07 11:45 PM
in reply to: morey000

Thank you so much Pro. Those are exactly the info I was looking for.
Thank ypu so much for your help.
2014-03-08 8:24 AM

User image

Pro

name isn't "Pro", it's Morey.  "Pro" is the ranking I get for spending way too much time on BT.

2014-03-17 5:57 AM
in reply to: morey000

User image

Pro is the ranking that you got for spending way too much time on helping other users :D

Thanks for the info, just learned a few new things about my ambit2

hey pilotaid, as you can see in my movescount I'm coming back after a long time (2 months), starting withe the bike and swim, this week I'll get back to running also, it feels great!!!!!!!!

2014-03-17 6:06 AM

User image

A question that is not related to this topic but as it's already a Suunto Ambit topic I thin there is no problem.

I do have the cadence sensor from my old Motoactv, and I'm pretty sure it will work on my Ambit but I've never used it (I use the Cateye Double Wireless that already have cadence), I'm thinking about using two sensor in my bike, one for the Ambit and another for the cateye, does anyone has any bike with two sensors? Does it work?

I don't know what is the tech from the Cateye sensor, but I don't think it will work in my ambit....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ambit 2 Logbook modifications Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Interval training with a Suunto Ambit 2

Started by pilotaids
Views: 13174 Posts: 10

2015-12-01 7:41 AM jaysonyeung

910xt or Ambit 2???

Started by pilotaids
Views: 9261 Posts: 21

2014-01-24 4:53 AM LGPS-BR

Suunto Ambit