General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin Upload Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-04-14 5:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: Garmin Upload
I've noticed a couple posts on here and ST about people having issues uploading files from their 910xt to Garmin Connect. So for those who had issues, my question is this: Did you ever try to upload the file to Training Peaks or anywhere else?

My Texas 70.3 file will upload on Training Peaks but won't upload to Garmin Connect. While I know i'm lucky that the file shows up somewhere, I'd like it on my Garmin Connect (where I track most everything). Suggestions? Any ideas how to move the Training Peaks files over?

Yes, I know I can manually enter times, distances, etc., but as a data nerd like many of the rest of you, i'd like to have my heartrate, cadence, splits, etc.

Thanks!

Edited by mindy00 2014-04-14 5:13 PM

2014-04-15 4:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: Garmin Upload
Are you using the new Garmin Express or the old Garmin ant+ uploader?
Maybe try to go bck to the old Garmin Ant+ if you are using the Express and vice versa.

Also if you are using Garmin Express, check all the settings for your Garmin Connect account etc - click on Device in upper right corner and check that all the details are correct for your account.

Sorry if these suggestions are too obvious...

Edited by knuta99 2014-04-15 4:13 AM
2014-04-15 8:07 AM
in reply to: knuta99

User image

Veteran
Austin
I am using the ANT agent to uplaod from a 910xt. I have tried deleting and redownloading the ANT software, and I have tried to start from scratch on a computer that never had any type of Garmin program. Neither worked, but I was able to upload to Training Peaks from the beginning.

2014-04-15 8:29 AM
in reply to: mindy00

User image

Extreme Veteran

did you try the manual upload initiated from Garmin Connect?
2014-04-15 9:02 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Veteran
Austin
Originally posted by marcag

yes. the watch and screen appear to be doing something for a while and then nothing.

does anyone know how to move a training peaks file to garmin connect? is that even possible?
2014-04-15 9:12 AM

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

My lap top died on me.  When I got a new one and went through the process of downloading Garmin Connect it works fine for me.  I can upload to Garmin Connect just fine now.

My problem is that I can't upload to BT or TP. 

I have given up tracking in BT and I manually put data in TP but it's a pain in the neck. 

I can't even find the files on my laptop to try to do a manual upload. 

Frustrating.

2014-04-15 11:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by mindy00

Originally posted by marcag

yes. the watch and screen appear to be doing something for a while and then nothing.

does anyone know how to move a training peaks file to garmin connect? is that even possible?

if you managed to upload to TP it's because the file is on your PC. If you can find it, you can then manually update it

it's usually in /users/yourname/appdata/roaming/garmin/devices/deviceid/history

Yes, you could export a file from TP, but then you need to convert it to a format Connect can use. Golden Cheetah could do this, but that's a bit of round a bout

2014-04-16 10:06 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Bossier City
I'm having some similar issues with my 310. When I try to use the ANT+ agent it acts like it's doing something, the watch says transferring data but none of my recent activities appear on Garmin Connect and it says no new activities to upload. When I try with Garmin express it shows that it's trying to sync and it shows 22 activities but eventually it says failed to upload. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but have had no luck.
2014-04-18 1:59 AM

User image

Mindy: Like another guy said, if it works to upload to TP it means the problem is between your pc and garmin connect. Re-check that your account settings in your Garmin Ant+ are correct. You could also try to download and use Garmin Express instead of Ant+ to see if that fixes the issues.
One more thing you could try althoug it is a long shot, is to flush your dns cache. Press start menu, type "CMD" in the "seach programs and files" field and press enter.
In the CMD screen, type: "ipconfig /flushdns"
http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

To the guy who had issues uploading to BT:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...
2014-04-18 5:09 AM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by marcag did you try the manual upload initiated from Garmin Connect?
yes. the watch and screen appear to be doing something for a while and then nothing. does anyone know how to move a training peaks file to garmin connect? is that even possible?

You can use this website to sync your activities.  Note that it will sync EVERYTHING!

https://tapiriik.com/

2014-04-18 8:59 AM
in reply to: knuta99

User image

Veteran
Austin
Originally posted by knuta99

Mindy: Like another guy said, if it works to upload to TP it means the problem is between your pc and garmin connect. Re-check that your account settings in your Garmin Ant+ are correct. You could also try to download and use Garmin Express instead of Ant+ to see if that fixes the issues.
One more thing you could try althoug it is a long shot, is to flush your dns cache. Press start menu, type "CMD" in the "seach programs and files" field and press enter.
In the CMD screen, type: "ipconfig /flushdns"
http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

To the guy who had issues uploading to BT:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

very helpful. will similar steps work on a mac?

I've done a few workouts now since the 70.3 and they appear on my Garmin Connect just fine, so it seems to just be that one file. I've tried the manual upload feature for the race file on Garmin Connect and still nothing. suggestions?

2014-04-21 12:47 AM

User image

If it is just one file then it is definitely not a connection issue.
Can you check if the file may have been uploaded but with a wrong date so it doesn't show among your latest reports?

If the training is still in your watch and the file absolutely has not been uploaded to Garmin Connect, one idea might be to delete it from your PC folder and then sync with your watch again, and see if it uploads now...
2014-04-21 1:06 AM

User image

For the last 2 weeks I've been dealing with a similar issue where I could not upload from my 310xt.  Tried uninstalling/re-installing but nothing worked, I kept getting "Could not upload" or "We're Sorry ...
There's a problem with our servers, which means Express is temporarily unavailable. We're working as fast as we can to get it back up and running. Please try again later".

After a lot of research and trying many solutions it turns out the solution is actually to master reset my watch (despite the messages saying that the problem was on their end).

To master reset:

Master Reset Details:
1.Power Forerunner off
2.Press and hold Enter and Mode buttons
3.Press and release Power button (watch comes on)
4.Press and release Lap/Reset (watch will power off)
5.Wait 3 seconds
6.Release Enter and Mode

Hopefully this helps someone else.

2014-05-08 11:14 AM
in reply to: Chillin

User image

Veteran
Austin
I did a sprint last weekend and that race will not upload to Garmin Connect either, so I am thinking I am having issues uploading multi-sport events. All of my single activities upload just fine. Anyone else have a similar issue and/or a fix?
2014-05-08 8:36 PM
in reply to: Chillin

User image

Bossier City
Originally posted by Chillin

For the last 2 weeks I've been dealing with a similar issue where I could not upload from my 310xt.  Tried uninstalling/re-installing but nothing worked, I kept getting "Could not upload" or "We're Sorry ...
There's a problem with our servers, which means Express is temporarily unavailable. We're working as fast as we can to get it back up and running. Please try again later".

After a lot of research and trying many solutions it turns out the solution is actually to master reset my watch (despite the messages saying that the problem was on their end).

To master reset:

Master Reset Details:
1.Power Forerunner off
2.Press and hold Enter and Mode buttons
3.Press and release Power button (watch comes on)
4.Press and release Lap/Reset (watch will power off)
5.Wait 3 seconds
6.Release Enter and Mode

Hopefully this helps someone else.

Definitely a big help!!! I did the master reset and not only am I able to upload data again, it got rid of another weird little problem I was having. When I went to change sports, the bike settings all had quotation marks instead of the word bike. Now everything is back to normal. I lost a bunch of data, but it wasn't doing me much good since I couldn't upload it.
2014-05-09 10:21 AM
in reply to: WaltRitchie

User image

Chicago, Colorado
I have the 310xt and I have been having a similar problem.

It started with Strava telling me they couldn't detect my device. I dove into that whole debate and found that with the new Garmin Express, workouts won't upload to Strava. I uninstalled Express and still nothing. Rumor is Strava is working on this.

I further learned that Garmin is moving away from the ANT+ and the Garmin Communicator Plugin (software that allows workouts to be uploaded to most websites like Strava) and toward Garmin Express. I figured I'd just go ahead and do the switch now and get it over with. So I reinstalled Garmin Express and then there was the garbage about the servers not working. Read up on that issue and found the same master reset solution.

Here is my question: If all my workouts are on Garmin Connect, are they "backed up" or "saved"? Meaning when I do a master reset, they will all still be there? (sorry if this is a dumb question, I just want to make absolute sure before I do something irreversible)

Also, if I do the reset, in the future when Strava can sync with Garmin Express, will all the workouts I haven't been able to upload to Strava for a few weeks still be somewhere that they can be uploaded?

2014-06-27 11:11 PM

User image

I am using the ANT agent to uplaod from a 910xt. I have tried deleting and redownloading the ANT software, and I have tried to start from scratch on a computer that never had any type of Garmin program. Neither worked, but I was able to upload to Training Peaks from the beginning.

If it loaded to TP then you can download it from there and move it to BT and Strava, etc... In TP go to your name in the upper right, open up account settings, and there is an option to Export Data. It will download a .fit file in a zip. You have to unzip, then you can load to Strava and BT.

I had to go that route to get my bike ride in today
2014-08-06 2:58 PM
in reply to: Mtnwesttri

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, North Carolina
I've been having trouble with uploading workouts from my 910xt for a couple of weeks. When I try to upload activity the blue bar moves about 2 mm and freezes. I've had 2 calls with Garmin support and device seems fine and workout shows up on Garmin Connect. I have updated and installed newest Communicator Plugin and uninstalled Garmin Express. I have a MacBook with OS X.

Can anyone out there help? My BT coach can't see my workouts. Maybe TP is a better solution.
2014-08-06 9:06 PM
in reply to: kweezen

Once your workout is uploaded to Garmin Connect, its saved on your computer....here's my sequence:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GarminConnect\Forerunner 910XT\Upload\FIT_TYPE_4\ then whatever workout you want.

If you're uploading to Strava, for example, this is actually faster than when I used the Ant+. The whole thread stays and you just double click on the workout. I'm assuming Training Peaks has a manual upload that's similar.
2014-08-07 9:07 AM
in reply to: cpzone

User image

Champion
Gold member

FYI

We will have Garmin Express live in a week or two.  Testing is complete, we're now signing documents, paying our fee and all that's left is to move to live.

2014-09-04 10:26 AM
in reply to: Ron

Any more updates or timeline for Garmin Express to upload?

2014-09-04 11:17 AM
in reply to: JMc97

User image

Denver, CO

Garmin has been having significant issues with uploading data on Garmin Connect since 8/25.  I have a 310xt and haven't been able to upload anything.  It says it's uploading and hours later, it's still working on it.  There's a huge rant going on Facebook.  I'm seriously thinking about just uploading data somewhere else so I don't lose the last 4 workouts I've done.

2014-09-04 12:05 PM
in reply to: WaltRitchie

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by WaltRitchie I'm having some similar issues with my 310. When I try to use the ANT+ agent it acts like it's doing something, the watch says transferring data but none of my recent activities appear on Garmin Connect and it says no new activities to upload. When I try with Garmin express it shows that it's trying to sync and it shows 22 activities but eventually it says failed to upload. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but have had no luck.

Same issue here but I have the 910xt. I wasn't able to troubleshoot it though. I keep trying to upload and it says upload failed into Garmin Connect. 

2014-09-04 1:01 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by WaltRitchie I'm having some similar issues with my 310. When I try to use the ANT+ agent it acts like it's doing something, the watch says transferring data but none of my recent activities appear on Garmin Connect and it says no new activities to upload. When I try with Garmin express it shows that it's trying to sync and it shows 22 activities but eventually it says failed to upload. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but have had no luck.

Same issue here but I have the 910xt. I wasn't able to troubleshoot it though. I keep trying to upload and it says upload failed into Garmin Connect. 

I was able to upload all workouts from my Garmin 910XT today.  Earlier this week I was getting a failed report on Garmin Express.  I haven't uploaded directly to BT for months.  Basically I've quit trying.

2014-09-04 1:50 PM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

Regular
Apple Valley, Minnesota
I had the same issue with my 310, I removed it from, connect and discovered it again and it uploaded the data, its a pain, but there has to be some monkey business with the ANT+.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin Upload Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Garmin 910xt wireless uploading working well now

Started by yazmaster
Views: 1499 Posts: 3

2012-12-30 7:48 PM dfroelich

Garmin 310xt or 910xt for a newbie? Is the 910xt worth the extra $100?

Started by Xoccerlvr
Views: 3204 Posts: 19

2012-06-28 9:41 AM GAUG3

910xt won't upload swim workouts

Started by twomarks
Views: 705 Posts: 3

2012-01-26 11:00 AM twomarks

First Look: Garmin 910XT Pages: 1 2

Started by Tom Demerly.
Views: 8247 Posts: 47

2011-11-02 12:29 PM mjewen

Garmin 910xt released today Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by abqtj
Views: 25376 Posts: 93

2011-11-27 7:57 AM curlylk
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!

date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.