Other Resources My Cup of Joe » things that should never have been invented Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-04-17 12:13 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

New user
Subject: RE: things that should never have been invented
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Comet
Originally posted by ChungaThings to place in ones rectum.Surgery nurse for many years, schedule says foreign body rectum and you know it will be interesting.Glass, vegetables that decay over time,,,,,,........one marvels at the choices made when under the influence of the urge.
Woah. Woah. Woah. Is it too early to declare a thread winner?

Mary, are things one puts in one's rectum something that just happens ( like blue cheese) or is it really more of an "invention"?

Vibrating butt plug? Invention. Vegetable. Hmmmmm.

Btw, what's the craziest rectal retrieval you've ever been a part of?

It wasn't me, but our surgical team had to remove the remnants of a broken lightbulb...not safe for your innards!!
wow! Ouch!

Ha!  My ex is a firefighter and one of the first medical calls he went to was for "foreign body in rectum" and when they got there, the guy had put a MASON JAR up there.  Not knowing what to do, he went back to the chief who was still sitting in the truck who told him "okay, the SOP for this kind of thing..."

Wait... there's a SOP for this?? 

Yep, there's a hardening foam they spray into the mason jar (if they can reach it) with a hook sticking out of the end for easy removal once they get the person to the hospital.  

This just gets better and better!

2014-04-17 12:18 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

New user

Originally posted by ChungaThings to place in ones rectum.Surgery nurse for many years, schedule says foreign body rectum and you know it will be interesting.Glass, vegetables that decay over time,,,,,,........one marvels at the choices made when under the influence of the urge.

Mary, are things one puts in one's rectum something that just happens ( like blue cheese) or is it really more of an "invention"?

Well the excuse is generally that it 'just happened' as in I fell on this _______
However I think it is invention as in using things 'off label'

Top 3:

Vegetable, squash to be specific. Not the intended purpose and I am a vegetarian saying that
Glass candle jar as in wide bottom
Huge huge huge toys, like you would expect to perhaps be used in the larger more pliable point of entry.

Perhaps these could be enjoyed in moderation but vigorous use is not recommended.

Personally, I will try many things....Butt........
2014-04-17 12:26 PM
in reply to: Chunga

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

I never in a million years would have guessed the direction this thread has ended up going.

2014-04-17 12:30 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Slot head screws.

My grandfather used to say that they should dig up whoever invented them and shoot him.

X2 - They should ban the continued manufacturing of these evil bastages.
2014-04-17 1:30 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Slot head screws.

My grandfather used to say that they should dig up whoever invented them and shoot him.

Totally agree!
2014-04-17 1:33 PM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by zed707

I never in a million years would have guessed the direction this thread has ended up going.

Sometimes it just needs a little nudge

2014-04-17 1:36 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Chunga
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by Comet

It wasn't me, but our surgical team had to remove the remnants of a broken lightbulb...not safe for your innards!!
wow! Ouch!

Ha!  My ex is a firefighter and one of the first medical calls he went to was for "foreign body in rectum" and when they got there, the guy had put a MASON JAR up there.  Not knowing what to do, he went back to the chief who was still sitting in the truck who told him "okay, the SOP for this kind of thing..."

Wait... there's a SOP for this?? 

Yep, there's a hardening foam they spray into the mason jar (if they can reach it) with a hook sticking out of the end for easy removal once they get the person to the hospital.  

This just gets better and better!
SOP! Jeeeeeeeeeezus. I'm trying to imagine how long I would wait and what I would attempt before making that call. Did your ex ever lose his composure. I mean, mason jar? Good lord! I thought fists sounded scary.
2014-04-17 1:38 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Well the excuse is generally that it 'just happened' as in I fell on this _______However I think it is invention as in using things 'off label'Top 3:Vegetable, squash to be specific. Not the intended purpose and I am a vegetarian saying thatGlass candle jar as in wide bottomHuge huge huge toys, like you would expect to perhaps be used in the larger more pliable point of entry.Perhaps these could be enjoyed in moderation but vigorous use is not recommended.Personally, I will try many things....Butt........
Mary, posts like this are why you and I are going to meet in person one day!
2014-04-17 1:45 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

need more than a nudge to get a mason jar in there, i'm thinking.

2014-04-17 1:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by mehaner

No doubt. I'm guessing you don't go zero-to-mason jar. There'd be a progression, no?

Serious question: can a rectum function normally after an object that large has been there? I'm not usually one to judge people's fettishes, but it's hard to imagine voluntarily signing up for the short-term, literal, PITA and the long term issues. No sex is worth irreversible anal leakage.

Edited by switch 2014-04-17 1:53 PM

2014-04-17 1:56 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

No doubt. I'm guessing you don't go zero-to-mason jar. There'd be a progression, no?

Serious question: can a rectum function normally after an object that large has been there? I'm not usually one to judge people's fettishes, but it's hard to imagine voluntarily signing up for the short-term, literal, PITA and the long term issues. No sex is worth irreversible anal leakage.

How in the world do you get Barney and irreversible anal leakage in the same thread? 

Edited by popsracer 2014-04-17 1:57 PM

2014-04-17 2:00 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by popsracer

How in the world do you get Barney and irreversible anal leakage in the same thread? 

That's pure thread beauty right there, Steve. Don't deny it.
2014-04-17 3:50 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I have an ex-ER nurse on my staff so I had to ask.

screwdriver

plastic lid from can of hairspray -  Should have used the other end I guess.

I'm a pretty conservative guy so she kind of looked at me like. "ahh, why do you want to know that?" I just had to chuckle.

2014-04-17 4:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Originally posted by briderdt

Skinny jeans.

Barney.

Most every Disney sit-com-for-kids ever made.

The Ford Explorer Sport-Trac.

Rap.

Barney was on my short list too.  As were teletubbies, care bears, and my little ponies.  Smurfs can stay

You forgot to add The Wiggles to that list! Every once and awhile I curse to myself after I realize that I was humming one of their songs. My daughters used to play their show over and over.....
2014-04-17 5:25 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Well the excuse is generally that it 'just happened' as in I fell on this _______ However I think it is invention as in using things 'off label' Top 3: Vegetable, squash to be specific. Not the intended purpose and I am a vegetarian saying that Glass candle jar as in wide bottom Huge huge huge toys, like you would expect to perhaps be used in the larger more pliable point of entry. Perhaps these could be enjoyed in moderation but vigorous use is not recommended. Personally, I will try many things....Butt........

Fusilli Jerry

Edited by TriMyBest 2014-04-17 5:28 PM
2014-04-18 5:48 AM

User image

Expert

Slot head screws.

your grandpa was right, those suck!

2014-04-18 9:14 AM

New user

There were times when my children were small that I wanted to take Barney and shove it up the azz if its creator. Come to think of it I still do.

2014-04-18 10:22 AM

User image

New user

[
Mary, posts like this are why you and I are going to meet in person one day!

Elesa, I think this is mandatory!

2014-04-18 10:29 AM

User image

New user
Originally posted by switch[/

I would think that if you do enough damage to a sphincter you are going to have problems that require medical intervention. Steep price to pay. At minimum I don't see how a mason jar would not cause tearing yikes.

2014-04-18 11:05 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

screwdriver

I'm a pretty conservative guy so she kind of looked at me like. "ahh, why do you want to know that?" I just had to chuckle.

Steve, two questions:

1) Did the nurse happen to mention how a screwdriver gets stuck?  I found myself thinking about this on my run, and I can't figure it out.

2) Is she looking at you differently today? :)

2014-04-18 11:07 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by switch[/ Serious question: can a rectum function normally after an object that large has been there? I'm not usually one to judge people's fettishes, but it's hard to imagine voluntarily signing up for the short-term, literal, PITA and the long term issues. No sex is worth irreversible anal leakage.
I would think that if you do enough damage to a sphincter you are going to have problems that require medical intervention. Steep price to pay. At minimum I don't see how a mason jar would not cause tearing yikes.

Exactly!

What  possesses people to think sticking glass in their azz is a good idea? Lightbulb? Mason jar?  Dang.

2014-04-18 11:08 AM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by NXS

Sometimes it just needs a little nudge :)

There were times when my children were small that I wanted to take Barney and shove it up the azz if its creator. Come to think of it I still do.

Hilarious! 

2014-04-18 12:20 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

screwdriver

Steve, two questions:

1) Did the nurse happen to mention how a screwdriver gets stuck?  I found myself thinking about this on my run, and I can't figure it out.

2) Is she looking at you differently today?

Apparently, it just worked it's way further and further in until, oops. oh no,...its gone.

Nah, she knows me too well.  While I'm pretty conservative, I'm not judgemental and I like to joke around a lot.

Edited by popsracer 2014-04-18 12:21 PM
2014-04-18 4:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Calgary
Not really trying to take this in an environmental direction. Thinking more along the line that some inventions aren't better than an older, simpler device.

Bottled water. (Use the tap.)
Leaf blowers. (A rake.)
Compact flourescent bulbs. (Incandescent bulbs.)
2014-04-18 5:22 PM
in reply to: donw

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by donw Not really trying to take this in an environmental direction. Thinking more along the line that some inventions aren't better than an older, simpler device. Bottled water. (Use the tap.) Leaf blowers. (A rake.) Compact flourescent bulbs. (Incandescent bulbs.)

Yes yes yes on the leaf blowers!!!  Those things annoy me to no end.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » things that should never have been invented Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

I am over having long hair Pages: 1 2

Started by Chuckhead
Views: 5521 Posts: 35

2012-02-01 3:09 PM mgalanter

I am having

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 1523 Posts: 12

2011-10-06 7:29 PM jsmoon

Things that suck about having a loved one gone (not sad)

Started by Spokes
Views: 1070 Posts: 9

2009-07-08 8:17 AM wwlani

I am not having fun. Pages: 1 2

Started by Spokes
Views: 2607 Posts: 29

2007-09-18 11:49 PM AdventureBear

Having to rely on others for important things.

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1120 Posts: 6

2006-09-12 8:02 AM mathsgeek
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.