General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thoughts on pedals and saddles? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-21 4:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawboro, NC
Subject: Thoughts on pedals and saddles?
Pedals...
I need new ones for my well aged 2005 Specialized Transition Multisport.
I'm contemplating getting a set of regular SPD pedals, since I already have shoes that only accept said cleats (they're MTB shoes, but they're paid for).
I'd use the SPD pedal / MTB shoe set up to train, and come race day, I'll swap on a set of SPD-SL pedals with some much less bulky shoes.
Ideas on this?
For budgetary purposes, I'm looking into the Shimano M520L pedals to train with, and the Shimano PD-R540 pedals in conjunction with some Shimano TR31 shoes (based on both high reviews and low price).

Saddles...
I SERIOUSLY need a new one. I'm leaning toward and Adamo Prologue or a Cobb VFlow Plus. Given I'm about 245lbs right now and plan on a race weight of about 225lbs, are these saddles gonna fit me well or should I look elsewhere?

2014-04-21 5:35 AM
in reply to: SpeedKnight

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: Thoughts on pedals and saddles?
I like my spds...I have mtb shoes and regular shoes. If you like the spd, why not stick with them, then get roador tri shoes?
2014-04-21 5:34 PM
in reply to: mmrocker13

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawboro, NC
Subject: RE: Thoughts on pedals and saddles?
Originally posted by mmrocker13

I like my spds...I have mtb shoes and regular shoes. If you like the spd, why not stick with them, then get roador tri shoes?

I'm wanting something with more surface area for in race. Plus, all the shoes that tickle my fancy are SL shoes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thoughts on pedals and saddles? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Clipless Pedals or NORMAL pedals for SUPERSPRINT Thriatlon

Started by bernardocom
Views: 3801 Posts: 17

2012-11-26 9:13 PM 5stones

Second Thought on New Pedals/Shoes

Started by gamberhr
Views: 1082 Posts: 6

2012-04-30 7:59 AM mmrocker13

ISM Racing Saddle vs. ISM Road Saddle

Started by living2tri
Views: 3567 Posts: 4

2011-01-19 2:26 PM living2tri

Do Shimano SL Pedals = LOOK Pedals?

Started by JonathanRohr
Views: 11082 Posts: 6

2010-12-24 9:19 AM mjengstrom

Tri saddle or road saddle?

Started by MLJ
Views: 843 Posts: 2

2008-02-02 11:44 PM tkbslc
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 16, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
Road cyclists tend to have a higher cadence than triathletes. Why is this? Is it bad?

date : March 13, 2009
comments : 2
I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.
date : February 17, 2009
author : sportfactory
comments : 0
Finding the right bicycle saddle is often a confusing process of trial and error for cyclists. However, a little education goes a long way, and will perhaps save you some pain and discomfort as well.

date : September 9, 2008
What is your opinion on cleat position? Is there a general rule that you follow when you first fit an athlete?
date : June 11, 2007
author : sportfactory
Learning about the proper pedal interface, how to best acheive pedal force, good cycling form and bike fit, we can learn to achieve greater bike speed.

date : December 7, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 1
By becoming more aware of your pedal stroke, you can choose to manipulate where and how you activate your leg muscles as your foot traces the circular trajectory at the cranks.
date : September 5, 2006
author : Writebrained
The ISM Adamo Racing Saddle is difficult to define. It doesn’t look like a bicycle saddle. It doesn’t mount like a bicycle saddle. And yet, it does feel like a bicycle saddle.

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.