General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Lesson learned- triathlete returns Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-30 11:58 AM

User image

Expert
lake forest, California
Subject: Lesson learned- triathlete returns

After many years of running triathlons, I slowly lost interest and started racing desert motorcycle races in 2010. All was good until I had a high speed crash in the desert a month ago and had to get airlifted to the hospital. Seven broken ribs, broken scapula and a collapsed lung was the damage. I'm on the mend now and back in the gym. to rehab my body. This has motivated me to once again get myself back into triathlon shape. Wish me luck on my journey back

2014-04-30 12:36 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Lesson learned- triathlete returns

Ouch!  Glad to hear that you're on the mend and training again.   Hope your recovery and training continue to go well.

Welcome back to BT, glad to have you here.

Mark

Edited by RedCorvette 2014-04-30 12:45 PM
2014-04-30 3:54 PM
in reply to: jbjboc

User image

Pennsylvania

Wow, that's quite an experience.  Wishing you much luck and health in your journey back to triathlon!

2014-05-05 3:54 PM
in reply to: jbjboc

User image

Expert
lake forest, California

Getting back into the habit of training is difficult but I know from experience once youve made it thru the first couple weeks it gets easier. Right now it's difficult because i'm limited on what I can do, but when I get the green light from the doc I wanna be able to go for it so this "recovery" time is important. Staying active and getting the lung strong and healthy is my short term goal

2014-05-05 10:04 PM
in reply to: #4989624

Wow, this is my first message, i'm just entering to this group and forum. I read your comentary and it is amaizing to know that at the end of that experience you are entusiast enough to train and came back to triatlón.
Sorry, my english is not good enough, but I wish you the best in your recovery.

José
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Lesson learned- triathlete returns Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Previously Serious Triathlete Returns

Started by bikingbruise
Views: 581 Posts: 2

2013-01-07 7:25 AM tzcoaching

Returning Triathlete doing IM Melbourne

Started by mmamster
Views: 836 Posts: 5

2012-08-26 11:12 PM mmamster

Returning after Pregnancy

Started by Tryin to Tri
Views: 755 Posts: 4

2006-04-18 8:20 AM Tryin to Tri

Returning to Columbus, OH

Started by armyrn
Views: 874 Posts: 5

2005-04-20 12:35 PM armyrn

Injured wanna-be trying to return to the thrill

Started by gr8brindle
Views: 1308 Posts: 18

2004-01-20 10:11 PM gr8brindle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 3, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 1
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on being efficient in the water. Learning how to swim smooth and efficiently is important to becoming a great swimmer.

date : August 2, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 19
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on breathing. Before you can swim fast, you must learn how to control your breathing so that easy swimming does not leave you gasping after one lap.
date : February 7, 2007
author : Gina76
comments : 2
The completion of my first sprint triathlon! Even though it has been over a year since my first tri, I find myself ready to do two more this year and even two half marathons!

date : March 21, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Until last year an Ironman was just a dream. Now it has become a goal. I needed to start, but where?
date : January 10, 2005
author : Ken
comments : 7
Don't worry, you can't do anything that hasn't been done before. Read this article for some humorous insights of one triathlete's introduction to the sport.