General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Quintana Roo sizing vs Felt Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-10 12:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Budapest, Pest Megye
Subject: Quintana Roo sizing vs Felt
I was sized for a size 57 Quintana Roo and would like to purchase a Felt B2 that I saw on Ebay. Do you guys know what size I should get? Also this is unrelated but if you type Felt B2 on Ebay, there are dozens of postings by the same guy and he asks that you email him or the auction will be cancelled. So I thought it was kinda fishy. I emailed him and this is what he said :

Greetings!

First of all I thank you for your interest in my product. I will provide you all you need for that.

- The product is brand new, factory sealed and come with all accesories in warranty.

- Following my interest for my marketplace I propose you a buy it now price: $1500.As you know this price is very low as great offer and oportunity for my customers.

- More than that the shipping costs will be free for you. Tracking number is available for online tracking and will be emailed to you once payment has been received & cleared.

- The payment will be through Western Union money transfer.

- I ship in the same day of payment confirmation except non-working day.

- I use only UPS services (UPS Express) which is better: insurance of package, fast and secure shipping. Usualy take 2-3 days until the package will arrive.

- You have 14 days to ask for refund or to replace the item.

- The deal is safe as time as I have a buyer protection on them.

I hope all this will be helpful for you and I will wait your further contact. If you are interested in this please let me know and I will do all my best for customer satisfaction.

Wish a good day! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Does that sound fishy to you guys?

2006-08-10 12:14 PM
in reply to: #507835

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: Quintana Roo sizing vs Felt
I saw this a few months ago...I kinda got my hopes up(still knowing it was too good to be true) and it pretty much was.  I started noticing a lot of the same lisitings to weird email addresses.  I would watch them for a few days then ebay would pull them down for being fraud.  It's kind of a bummer, I would have liked to get a B2 for less than $1000 or so.  I would stay away.
2006-08-10 12:42 PM

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
2006-08-10 1:13 PM

User image

, Texas
IMHO, stay away from that ebay auction.

For comparing sizing between bikes (ie ride a QR but considering buying an unridden Felt), this is what I do:
  • check the seat and head tube angles and make sure they are the same for both bikes. If they are not, then it's probably that the bikes will ride (especially if the head tube angle is different) much different.
  • check the top tube length. IMHO, this is the most important measurement of a bike that determines what will "fit" you. With a proper length top tube, you will have the seat in the right position and the stem at the right length for the rest of the bike geometry to do what it was designed to do.
  • check the head tube height. This determines how high/low (or how many spacers needed) the handlebars are.
  • IMHO, the seat tube length is irrelevant as the seatpost will compensate with no impact.

2006-08-10 9:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
East Aurora, NY

Just my opinion...but if it were me I would stay away from this auction.  It sounds fishy.  The fact that the seller wants you to contact them using an external email address that is outside of Ebay's internal messaging system is abnormal. 

I don't know if you saw it, but I searched for the Felt B2 and in the left hand column Ebay has listed links to several eBay Guides.  One of the guides is titled "Felt B2 Scams/Fradulent Listings".  Here is the link if you are interested --> http://reviews.ebay.com/FELT-B2-SCAM-FRAUDULENT-LISTINGS_W0QQugidZ10000000001227840?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:2.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Quintana Roo sizing vs Felt Rss Feed