BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2014-11-03 7:49 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!!
Originally posted by ChrisM

And i made it through the bulk of the training for Saturday's trail marathon.  Work has been a bit&* and will continue to be so, so the plan this week is try to rest if I can, cuz this is the elevation profile....

WOW Chris that looks like one tough mary. Better you, but how's your feet?

2014-11-04 2:04 PM
in reply to: BrotherTri

Master
, California

Just curious: does anyone on here have one of the Ruster bike cases?

I've travelled to past races with my old Trico iron case.  But it's oversize baggage and heavy / tiring to drag around, and it won't fit into smaller rental cars.  So I'm looking at the Ruster case (the one with wheels) for next season.  I just wanted to know if anyone had experience packing one and whether you found it worthwhile, or a pain in the rear due to the amount of bike disassembly.

I'm not set on that case... if someone has an alternative that's a 2-piece case with smaller dimensions, I'll take a look.  Thanks!

2014-11-04 2:50 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Don't have that one but my Biospeed does require a bit of disassembly.  How much is involved with the Ruster?  I have to remove wheels, pedals, RD and take the bars off the stem (all cables stay attached).

2014-11-04 3:40 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Originally posted by axteraa

Don't have that one but my Biospeed does require a bit of disassembly.  How much is involved with the Ruster?  I have to remove wheels, pedals, RD and take the bars off the stem (all cables stay attached).

Ruster one requires removing the fork, in addition to the rest of that, and the wheels are in a separate bag.  So it supposedly stays within the normal baggage dimensions required by the airlines.

Edited by spudone 2014-11-04 3:43 PM
2014-11-04 4:00 PM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by spudone

Ruster one requires removing the fork, in addition to the rest of that, and the wheels are in a separate bag.  So it supposedly stays within the normal baggage dimensions required by the airlines.

That could be no big deal or a big deal.    Trying to get the stem off the steerer tube of the fork on my P3 was tough with how I had the cables run.  It was a matter of millimetres as to whether or not I could remove it.  On my road bike, piece of cake.  This was before it was suggested to me to just unclamp the bars from the faceplate of the stem....  

2014-11-04 5:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by BrotherTri

WOW Chris that looks like one tough mary. Better you, but how's your feet?

Seem to have made it through the training without making it worse.   It would be a little sore the day after long runs but subside from there.   I was taking it day to day so am surprised to have made it

Edited by ChrisM 2014-11-04 5:26 PM

2014-11-04 5:25 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Originally posted by Asalzwed

That looks awesome!!! Is it single track or what? Where is it? Do you wear more of a trail shoe? 

One of my goals for the upcoming year is to tackle some trail stuff. You will have to let us know how it goes!

There is a whole world of mountain running that I have just learned about in the past year. They have a mountain running national (and world) championship and everything. One of our club runners is the current National Champ. 

It's on Catalina Island, about 25 miles offshore.   Basically climb to the island ridge top and run around, run back down.   So lots of great views.    A mix of fire/dirt road and single track, maybe 2 miles of pavement.  Was going to get a trail shoe but never got around to it, so just using regular runners. 

Catalina Eco Marathon

There's another spring race that you take a boat to the start and it's point to point back

2014-11-04 6:53 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by ChrisM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

That looks awesome!!! Is it single track or what? Where is it? Do you wear more of a trail shoe? 

One of my goals for the upcoming year is to tackle some trail stuff. You will have to let us know how it goes!

There is a whole world of mountain running that I have just learned about in the past year. They have a mountain running national (and world) championship and everything. One of our club runners is the current National Champ. 

It's on Catalina Island, about 25 miles offshore.   Basically climb to the island ridge top and run around, run back down.   So lots of great views.    A mix of fire/dirt road and single track, maybe 2 miles of pavement.  Was going to get a trail shoe but never got around to it, so just using regular runners. 

Catalina Eco Marathon

There's another spring race that you take a boat to the start and it's point to point back

Oh! I totally know that one. It's on my to do someday list. Love the profile, the conservancy and the terrain/views. It sounds awesome. 

2014-11-05 12:31 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Another weight accountability check in for me.  Down another pound or two.  Roughly 4-5 pounds now in a little over 3 weeks.  Building a lot better eating habits but will need to say strong the next few weeks and dodge some high calorie traps.

2014-11-05 12:32 PM
in reply to: Jason N

Master
, California

Originally posted by Jason N

Another weight accountability check in for me.  Down another pound or two.  Roughly 4-5 pounds now in a little over 3 weeks.  Building a lot better eating habits but will need to say strong the next few weeks and dodge some high calorie traps.

What, no Hawaiian Spam diet?

2014-11-05 12:48 PM

User image

LOL...Spam isn't even Hawaiian.  You mainland folks created it and produce it.  We just eat most of it.  

2014-11-05 12:51 PM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

I've started to pay a little more attention to my weight lately too.  Dropped below 170 for the first time earlier this week.

2014-11-05 12:53 PM

User image

Seattle

LOL...Spam isn't even Hawaiian.  You mainland folks created it and produce it.  We just eat most of it.  

I had never eaten Spam until I came to HI. Now I am hooked. Thanks a lot! 

2014-11-05 1:10 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

I've started to pay a little more attention to my weight lately too.  Dropped below 170 for the first time earlier this week.

Well thank goodness I lost a few pounds.  If not, we would have been about the same weight...never mind that you're almost a foot taller than me.  LOL.

2014-11-05 2:21 PM

Master
Northern IL

Well thank goodness I lost a few pounds.  If not, we would have been about the same weight...never mind that you're almost a foot taller than me.  LOL.

Was close to that just over a month ago and I'm taller than Arend. Didn't really like it though and stopped watching so closely. Was back up to 170's a couple weeks ago and haven't looked since. Still look fine and workouts are going better.

2014-11-06 8:37 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Champion
In Saskatoon now. No workouts for the past few days. Just too hectic between interview, travel, socialize, sleep...and now I'm sick which is great. Lol.

Interviews are a bit tough. All the programs are asking hot button questions like "tell us about a bad outcome you had and what you learned" and my bad outcome story is a bit voice shaky. I have no idea how they are going. Glad I didn't go to Calgary though. Everyone'/ first question there was "tell us about a time that you compromised your integrity" lols. Seriously.

Hoping to maybe just do a easy walk when I get to Regina this afternoon. They gave me a Fiat 500 at the airport. (Here's to hoping it doesn't start snowing today!)

PS I used to like spam. I had it all the time at my grandparents place. No idea what my weight is doing. Not the healthiest few days but limited volume of food. Haha.

2014-11-06 8:53 AM
in reply to: mndymond

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by mndymond  "tell us about a time that you compromised your integrity"

If you get asked this, just tell them about this one time where you accidentally entered the draft zone of another racer and rather than completing the pass, you just dropped back.....

2014-11-06 10:58 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by mndymond  "tell us about a time that you compromised your integrity"

If you get asked this, just tell them about this one time where you accidentally entered the draft zone of another racer and rather than completing the pass, you just dropped back.....

Not sure I could ever do that.

2014-11-06 12:32 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Originally posted by brigby1

Not sure I could ever do that.

With this scenario for Ben, it's not even a matter of integrity...he's just to damn strong on the bike to drop back.  Physically impossible.  

2014-11-06 5:21 PM
in reply to: mndymond

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-11-06 5:26 PM
in reply to: Fred D

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2014-11-06 5:51 PM

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Originally posted by Fred D

Sooooo...

I got an interesting email today. I found out that my placement at the Westchester Tri (Main sponsor is Jarden, who has some influence in the in the Tri world) ended up getting me an entry into a very famous race that several of you are doing already in 2015!

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ!

The race is June 6th and I have accepted (not registered yet, as apparently details to follow, but I am told I am in).

I am really excited (and shocked).

Will be looking forward to this and also to meeting up with people in this group as well.

Congratulations Fred! I guess that is going to change your Half Iron race schedule.
2014-11-06 5:53 PM

Elite
PEI, Canada

Sooooo...

I got an interesting email today. I found out that my placement at the Westchester Tri (Main sponsor is Jarden, who has some influence in the in the Tri world) ended up getting me an entry into a very famous race that several of you are doing already in 2015!

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ!

The race is June 6th and I have accepted (not registered yet, as apparently details to follow, but I am told I am in).

Will be looking forward to this and also to meeting up with people in this group as well.

Awesome!  I feel like I need some Canadian backup!  

2014-11-06 8:32 PM

Awesome news Fred!!

2014-11-06 9:17 PM

Master
, California

Sooooo...

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ!

Awesome!  I feel like I need some Canadian backup!  

I'll say "Eh" a lot.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37829 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 73118 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.