General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New blood here! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-02 5:54 AM

User image

Subject: New blood here!
Thought I should do what every forum usually demands and that is a human sacrifice.. I mean introduction!

Well what can I say about myself? I am a 36 year old Englishman living in Finland, I am a bit on the chunky side, my eating habits suck and I have never been really that physically active. I have until recently never participated in any event of any kind. If there was ever a "Couch to…" example… it is me!

The only word that I could describe my front crawl as, is "embarrassing". Cycling is a new thing for me, but the weather still prevents me from going out as often as I would like. Running until now was not really possible since I broke my first metatarsal in the months where I was training to do my first half marathon. I guess having a brother and sister in law who have participated in recent Ironman events (Nice&Austria) has provided me with inspiration and motivation.

I am hoping at least by this time next year I will have done a 5150, this time the year after to do a 70.3 and before I am 40 years old to have completed an Ironman event! It would be nice to meet some of you some day on the beach!

Darren aka Dartsu

2014-07-02 12:20 PM
in reply to: Dartsu

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: New blood here!

Welcome to the site Darren!  The crawl will get better with time...and it may take a lot of time.  Just try to get in the pool 3-4 times per week and you should make quick progress.

Hope the healing goes well and let us know if you have any questions.

2014-07-02 3:40 PM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Subject: RE: New blood here!
Thanks!

I forgot to mention it was my 2013 new years resolution to lose weight and participate in the marathon, but it took from april until september to fully heal to the point where I was not in pain because of it It was partially another reason I got the bike too, I didn't want to start pounding on the feet again regardless that it felt fine better to give it a few more months, which it has now already been.

I'm now without constraints, there is no excuse for me not to succeed!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New blood here! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New member, new location in New York

Started by finderal
Views: 1391 Posts: 10

2012-02-08 10:04 PM Dlyon

New New New!

Started by NoodlyGoodness
Views: 1088 Posts: 3

2009-11-04 8:29 PM LonghornBuckeye

Giving blood and training/racing

Started by Celeb_ithil
Views: 615 Posts: 3

2006-10-05 1:48 PM jmwebs

New Triathlete, New City: New Concord, OH

Started by stupidnickname
Views: 1496 Posts: 7

2005-07-15 9:22 AM stupidnickname

NEW NEW NEW

Started by E-Bell
Views: 1143 Posts: 8

2004-11-02 4:04 PM trixie
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : March 19, 2009
author : AMSSM
Would getting the veins fixed have any potential triathlon performance implications? Is there anything else I should be doing for them when I swim/bike/run?
date : November 19, 2006
Initially most patients with mitral valve regurgitation have normal heart function. But when the heart starts to function poorly, patients will start to become more short of breath with exertion.

date : September 4, 2006
Athletes with diabetes can exercise and compete at a high level. Exercise can help control blood sugars, particularly in Type 2 diabetics, but it can also worsen them if you are not in good control.
date : September 3, 2006
comments : 2
If you are one of those athletes, and the compartments don’t easily expand, the pressure within increases with exercise. This can stress the muscle as well as the nerves and blood vessels.

date : May 1, 2006
Exercise-related hyponatremia (low sodium in the blood) is a rare cause of death in endurance athletes. Symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, confusion, difficulty breathing and seizure.
date : March 5, 2006
A number of vascular changes occur in the body during activity. In general, these changes are beneficial, the blood vessels dilating and constricting in order to shunt blood where our bodies need it.

date : September 3, 2005
author : Jen Doyle
Often athletes forget the fitness basics such as warm up and cool down. We know they are important, but we want to get into the meat of our workout without wasting time.