General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where to swim in Aurora- Pool or Open Water Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-06 2:04 PM

Veteran
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: Where to swim in Aurora- Pool or Open Water
All...I will be staying in Aurora this week and looking for a place to swim on Tuesday afternoon/evening. Either open water or pool would be fine.

Thanks

2014-07-06 8:43 PM
in reply to: Bonafide505

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Where to swim in Aurora- Pool or Open Water

Here are some links that might help.

Denver's Central Park Rec Center is just NW of Aurora. It's a nice pool, although there are only 4 lap lanes max and they're pretty narrow.  Their schedule is: http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/747/documents/Recreation/Swimming%20Pools/Indoor%20Pools/SummerCalendar_IndoorPool_CentralPark_2014.pdf

I often go to Hiawatha Davis Rec Center (about 2 miles due west of Central Park RC), which is much less crowded and also has a cheaper day pass.  Here's their schedule:  http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/747/documents/Recreation/Swimming%20Pools/Indoor%20Pools/SummerCalendar_IndoorPool_HDavis_2014.pdf

Aurora Reservoir, SE of Aurora, has open water lap lanes and is open until 9 p.m. according to their website.  I've never gone swimming there but I do know that (a) it's really clean, and (b) it's fairly chilly (upper 60's/low 70's).  I'm doing a tri there in August that's wetsuit legal.  Here's a link to the website: https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/Reservoirs/AuroraReservoir/

I've never gone to any Aurora pools, but FWIW, here's the general link for info: https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/Recreation/PoolsandSwimming/

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where to swim in Aurora- Pool or Open Water Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Aurora Reservoir Open Water Swimming

Started by BobJ123
Views: 6119 Posts: 3

2009-08-06 8:00 PM mcgilmartin

50 meter pools and open water swimming

Started by velveeta
Views: 5928 Posts: 14

2008-04-10 9:00 AM velveeta

Aurora Rez...ice skating still open

Started by Z-dog
Views: 634 Posts: 1

2007-05-24 11:32 PM Z-dog

Swim at Aurora Rez Today - 7/10

Started by TriForrestTri
Views: 731 Posts: 2

2006-07-10 9:43 AM workoutbunny

Open Water Swim Clinic at Aurora Rez

Started by workoutbunny
Views: 885 Posts: 4

2006-07-06 9:50 PM Pearl Dad
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.
date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.

date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.
date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.

date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."