General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Try-athlete - Living in Angola (Africa) Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-07 1:58 AM

Subject: Try-athlete - Living in Angola (Africa)
Just completed logging my first week of training for a sprint triathlon in South Africa.

It has been a week of firsts for me.
At 35 years old I had my first ever swimming lesson.
First time I went into the ocean further than my waist.
First time I cycled 20kms (surprisingly I am able to walk and sit)
First time I ever ran 5km.

Since leaving school 18 years ago my idea of exercise was getting up to change the tv channel manually, I have TRIED many times to get back into sport, with no success and plenty of excuses.

I am TRYing Triathlon in the hope that I can finally have a sport, so when someone asks 'what's your hobby?' I don't respond with 'I am a 28 handicap golfer, or I support Liverpool Football Club, or the Springboks are the best rugby team in the world'.
My response would be I am a Triathlete and not a TRY-athlete and my goal is to complete an Ironman before my 40th birthday. (No pressure)

Kevin (Sprint Triathlete in Training)

2014-07-07 11:49 AM
in reply to: Bolley78

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Try-athlete - Living in Angola (Africa)

I just checked out your training log...good job this week!  It looks like you actually did your first tri this weekend

2014-07-07 1:16 PM
in reply to: Ron

Thanks Ron, long way to go.
But hopefully I can improve those times for November.
2014-07-07 3:14 PM
in reply to: Bolley78

User image

New user
Los Angeles County
Awesome goals and determination and attitude. Keep up the great work and you will do great =)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Try-athlete - Living in Angola (Africa) Rss Feed