General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » greetings from minnesota Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-16 12:24 PM

User image

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Subject: greetings from minnesota
Hey all,

So i decided to get back into tri's since college has finally cleared up. I did my first tri last year it was rough mankato, MN tri. It was a sprint and took me 1:30 (didnt train that well). Now i have re-thought my training plan, i have a buddy from college who is getting into the sport and having a training partner will make things a lot better, esepcially in the winters here.

So the plan right now. I cycle quite a bit usualy avg 100mi a week or more, swim on the side but not consistantly and running is basically not happening yet. I am signing up for to do a full ironman by august next year with several sprints, olympic, and a half before hand to get mentally prepaired for what to expect. I hope i can learn from everyone on here on what not to do and what to expect.

-Rob

2014-07-18 8:06 AM
in reply to: slides

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: greetings from minnesota
Originally posted by slides

Hey all,

So i decided to get back into tri's since college has finally cleared up. I did my first tri last year it was rough mankato, MN tri. It was a sprint and took me 1:30 (didnt train that well). Now i have re-thought my training plan, i have a buddy from college who is getting into the sport and having a training partner will make things a lot better, esepcially in the winters here.

So the plan right now. I cycle quite a bit usualy avg 100mi a week or more, swim on the side but not consistantly and running is basically not happening yet. I am signing up for to do a full ironman by august next year with several sprints, olympic, and a half before hand to get mentally prepaired for what to expect. I hope i can learn from everyone on here on what not to do and what to expect.

-Rob

Welcome to the party Rob! Good luck to you in your training. BT is a great resource and will help you reach your goals! There's a lot to learn so you can enjoy the sport and have have a great ironman experience.
2014-07-18 8:57 AM
in reply to: slides

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: greetings from minnesota

Welcome to BT Rob.

I admire your enthusiasm!

You're taking a pretty aggressive approach to the sport if you want to do an IM by next year.  I'd suggest that you take a look at some of the training plans here on BT to get an idea of the recommended training volumes to complete an IM.  While many folks progress through the various distance races, some also just jump in the deep end and target doing an IM directly.  Either way, you're going to need to add a lot of volume to your training.  The trick is doing so without injuring yourself. 

Good luck with your training, and most important, have fun!

Mark 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » greetings from minnesota Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Greetings from Minneapolis, Minnesota!

Started by j_lester
Views: 656 Posts: 9

2005-08-12 10:48 AM Michael

Newbie with bummed knee from Minnesota

Started by Denise2003
Views: 580 Posts: 9

2005-07-26 6:45 PM trigirlkris

Another Minnesota Newbie

Started by Git-tRi-Done
Views: 846 Posts: 12

2005-07-26 10:29 AM Denise2003

Minnesota!

Started by megmidge
Views: 725 Posts: 13

2004-11-27 11:45 AM HookedOnTri

Hello from Minnesota Pages: 1 2

Started by kelpeng
Views: 2085 Posts: 30

2004-03-08 4:32 PM kelpeng
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 22, 2011
author : shaunjamison
comments : 1
Ups and downs race report from the Lakes to Pines Sprint Triathlon by a master's aged newbie.