General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Rocky Mountain Vertex 970 RSL Carbon fiber 29er with upgrades SRAM X0 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-26 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Naptown, IN
Subject: Rocky Mountain Vertex 970 RSL Carbon fiber 29er with upgrades SRAM X0
I know this is a strange place to post an ad for a mountain bike, but surely someone needs an Xterra race bike. I purchased it brand new in the fall of 2013 with the intention racing the Xterra races in the Midwest. I rode it 2 times for a total of 30 miles before the worst winter in 20 years hit the Midwest. I purchased new SRAM XO parts over the winter and spring and upgraded virtually all the parts on the bike (see full specifications below). The upgraded parts (with the exception of the tires I put them on right after I bought it) are brand new and have only been ridden up and down the street to dial in the shifting. The bike is in pristine condition with zero blemishes. Needless to say a bunch of things have come up this year (work, kids, rolled ankle trail running), and I never got around to racing it. I hate to see it just collecting dust, and I would like to see it ridden as it was intended to be ridden. So here it is. This bike has a 20 inch frame (XL for Rocky Mountain bikes).

Original retail on this bike was in the $3200 range (with the original parts). Selling price is $2400 including shipping to the continental USA. Feel free toPM or e-mail {[email protected]} me with any questions. Additional pictures cane bee seen here:

http://s891.photobucket.com/user/klwilson00/library/Bikes/RM%20Vert...

The information below is from the Rock Mountain website (specifications and geometry are included). I've listed all upgraded items below. Please note: the pedals, computer, and bottle cage are not included.

PURE-BRED XC RACE.

Remember the first 29ers? They were slow-handling and flexy. It looks like those days are coming to an end. The full monocoque carbon fiber Rocky Mountain Vertex 970 RSL is a race thoroughbred. The slightly stretched top tube gives the bike a roomy feel with plenty of space to crank climbs without feeling cramped. This roominess doesn't hurt handling, however. The Vertex is quick and whippy, thanks to steep head and seat tube angles. Stiffness is not an issue, either. In fact, it's one of the Vertex's strong points. Features like a tapered head tube, massive down tube, Pressfit GXP bottom bracket, and a 142 x 12 mm thru axle rear end mean lateral flex is virtually eliminated. Rocky built vertical compliance into the ride as well with chainstays that are thin vertically and have a wide cross-section All that in a frame that weighs about 1000 grams means we'll be expecting to see you on the next available podium.

· Full monocoque construction for maximum stiffness and durability without unnecessary weight

· Smooth, stiff RockShox Reba RL 29 with 15mm quick-release

· Reliable and lightweight SRAM X7/X9 drivetrain

· Lighweight, powerful Formula hydraulic disc brakes offer excellent modulation and minimal fade

Stiff, lightweight DT Swiss wheelset

TECH SPECS
Frame Material: high-modulus carbon fiber
Headset: Cane Creek 40 Tapered
Fork: Rock Shox Reba
Front Travel: 100 mm
Rims: DT Swiss X470
Hubs: DT Swiss 350
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
Front Derailleur: SRAM X7 (double) UPGRADE SRAM X9 (double)
Front Derailleur Mount: 34.9 mm clamp-on
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 UPGRADE SRAM X0
Shifters: SRAM X9 UPGRADE SRAM X0 Twist (Gripshift)
Crankset: SRAM S1400 UPGRADE SRAM XO
Chain Rings: 26 - 39 T UPGRADE 28-42T
Crank Arm Length: 175 mm
Pedals: not included
Bottom Bracket: SRAM Press Fit GXP
Brake Levers: Formula R1
Brake Calipers: Formula RX
Rear Rotor: 160 mm
Front Rotor: 180 mm
Handlebar: Easton EA50 UPGRADE Easton EC70 (carbon)
Handlebar Width: 685 mm
Handlebar Rise: Low rise
Grips: Rocky Mountain lock-on UPGRADE SRAM lock-on
Stem: Easton UPGRADE Truvative T30
Stem Length: (size Large) 90 mm 100mm
Stem Angle: 8 deg 6 degree
Chain: SRAM PC-1051 10 speed UPGRADE SRAM PC-1071
Cassette: SRAM PG-1050
Tires: Maxxis Ikon UPGRADE Schwalbe Racing Ralph Tubeless (Stan's sealant)
Tire Size: 29 in x 2.2 in 29 x 2.25
Valve Stem: presta
Seatpost: Easton UPGRADE Thomson Masterpiece
Seatpost Diameter: 27.2 mm
Seatpost Length: 350 mm
Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM UPGRADE Prologo Scratch Pro with Titanium rails
Weight: 10455 g Bike weighs approximately 21.5 pounds without pedals

photo IMG_1429_zpsf6f34073.jpg
Sell Gear
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Rocky Mountain Vertex 970 RSL Carbon fiber 29er with upgrades SRAM X0 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

SRAM Sram Red Carbon - $

Started by tarmac52
Views: 1277 Posts: 7

2011-12-18 1:38 PM E-Dub

SRAM SRAM TT500 Carbon Brake Levers - $70

Started by furiousferret
Views: 628 Posts: 1

2011-10-28 2:22 PM furiousferret

SRAM Sram Red Carbon - $ WTT For Compact

Started by fastrob691
Views: 692 Posts: 1

2010-09-27 9:43 AM fastrob691

WTS: Carbon Fiber Aero Extensions (Carbon X)

Started by greenmtnman
Views: 1356 Posts: 9

2008-05-30 1:32 PM greenmtnman

FS Cervelo Dual Frame set with Carbon Fiber upgrades

Started by cxk9758
Views: 1590 Posts: 6

2008-04-12 7:34 AM cxk9758
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 14, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
A review of the Shimano 105 vesus SRAM Rival Time Trial component group differences.

date : May 25, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I read somewhere about "bar ends" to put on your handle bars, do you recommend them? Is this similar to adding clip on aero bars?