General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Considering a new challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-17 5:17 PM

User image

Subject: Considering a new challenge
Just thought I'd take a second to introduce myself. My name is Julie, I'm about to turn 35 and my husband tells me after every one of my runs that I'm a little nuts. I've never done a triathlon but I said I was going to do one this year (The Riding Mountain Triathlon) and then I wimped out. After watching the people coming in for a bit and seeing the kiddos that can get themselves motivated to do this I have decided that I don't have any excuses and that I should try to accept this challenge for next year. That being said, I'm now terrified! I have no idea what to expect or how to train. My access to water is pretty limited until lake season hits but I'm not afraid of open water. Currently, I run on a regular basis, dance about 15 hours a week (I'm a high school dance teacher), have started practicing hot yoga and in the summer it's pretty common to find me swimming across the lake where our cottage is in Ontario. My most comfortable stroke is the breast stroke but that's mainly so I can see where I'm going and keep the water out of my contacts. I don't tend to consider myself an athletic person which is part of the reason I'm nervous about actually committing to challenging myself to do the triathlon next year! I'm happy to accept any pointers and words of wisdom so I don't wimp out...again!

Edited by dramaqueenjs 2014-08-17 5:33 PM

2014-08-19 10:40 AM
in reply to: dramaqueenjs

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Considering a new challenge

Hi Julie, welcome to BT and triathlon!

You can totally do this. The training programs here are good. If you have no access to water, try swim cords: more at http://www.sheilat.com

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Considering a new challenge Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

new year new challenge

Started by paulharpin
Views: 602 Posts: 2

2010-01-02 2:10 PM Youngatheart

I'm new to this and considering..

Started by rundadrun
Views: 863 Posts: 3

2009-12-27 12:17 PM 1stTimeTri

Looking for a new challenge

Started by Thumpr10
Views: 451 Posts: 1

2007-05-23 8:43 PM Thumpr10

a new challenge

Started by wildchild
Views: 643 Posts: 5

2005-09-09 5:57 AM wildchild

A new back ... a new challenge

Started by jwood22
Views: 752 Posts: 4

2005-08-23 4:32 PM jwood22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.
date : November 28, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Question and answers on swimming strength challenges, is kicking important, 'runners kick' with ankle inflexibility and the usefulness of fins, pool buoys and paddles.

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!
date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.