General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newb Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-07 1:08 AM

User image

Subject: Another newb
HI. My name is Sam and I'm a rookie. So green I glow.

I look at all the posts on here and struggle to write that I'm from the opposite side of the spectrum. I've always been the skinny kid. 6'3" - 145lbs. That was my weight in April. Stress kills my appetite, my metabolism eats my body... I watched the Boulder Ironman this year and became inspired. I will be an Ironman. I'm already registered for the Boulder Sprint Ironman next June and am trying to plan the Muncie 70.3 into my schedule for next summer. That being said, I'm already back to a healthier weight of 170lbs, thanks to a quality gym membership, and training 15-20 hours a week.

I live in Boulder, CO and i'm going through a divorce. My training has given me something to focus on and a goal to achieve. I have 2 beautiful daughters that I miss terribly.

Since high school I haven't played any organized sports or done anything competitive, save for finally running the BolderBoulder 10k this year and last. Last year I ran my heart out to prove a point and I ran a 56:29. That was my first ever timed running event. The first time since my junior year of high school I had intentionally run more than 2 consecutive miles. I was a smoker. This year I had fun, and started enjoying libations just past the first mile. I was DRUNK by the time I finished. And if anyone was there this year and remembers the Guy by the feildhouse giving away extra beer tickets, that was me. My community service... I quite smoking(Cigarettes & Weed) the day after the Boulder Ironman.

I'm originally from SW Ohio. Go Tribe! Go Browns! Go Cavs! Go Pens! I've been in Boulder now for 7 years.

I live in close proximity to the Delicious Brewery: Asher Organic and love their collection of beers - Treehugger Amber, Green Lantern Kolsh, Green Bullet IPA, Greenade DoubleIPA and The Green Monster Strong Ale. Or you could most any IPA in front of me and I'll be happy.

I work in the Hospitality Business and am always on my feet and on the go. The worst job I ever had was at a Hotel Front Desk, I felt trapped in a 4'x12' box. Can't even fathom being in a cubicle...

2014-09-08 11:28 AM
in reply to: S_Franklin99

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Another newb

Welcome from another Ohioan.  I've been here my whole life...Browns almost won last night...almost.

Anyways, it sounds like you're doing great training.  I have to train to continue eating and drinking like I do  I'm a big craft beer fan too.  I just went through tasting several session IPA's which are quite good on a hot summer day.

How's the swim training going?  Let us know if you have any questions.

2014-09-09 10:31 PM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Originally posted by Ron
How's the swim training going?

I'm going to drown...

My biggest issues with swimming are posture and experience. I simply need to spend a LOT more time in the pool.

The rest of my training feels pretty solid, but I need to get on a real progression plan. I've registered for my first SPRINT Tri on September 21st. It will be a good baseline by which to judge my progress at the start of next season.
2014-09-24 1:25 PM
in reply to: S_Franklin99

How did it go?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newb Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cleveland area Newb

Started by Heavy-Dee
Views: 657 Posts: 4

2005-02-28 7:29 PM COgirl

Newb from Cleveland, Ohio