General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Achilles/Ankle? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-17 11:08 AM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
Subject: Achilles/Ankle?

A few weeks ago I noticed a pain in my left foot. I thought it was toward the back of my ankle but have realized it is probably more Achilles.

I am a "wogger" and am quite slow. I've been doing 30-60 minutes since April. I took about a week break and then did about 30 minutes and that's when I started noticing the pain.

I've rested for awhile and I tried jogging yesterday and it started after a short period of time.

I'm not sure why it happened or what to do...any suggestions?

I probably should go to doctor and get PT prescribed...

2014-09-17 2:32 PM
in reply to: lkct01234

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
Subject: RE: Achilles/Ankle?
I battled my Achilles this last summer...

Here is what I did:
- Stopped running hills, speed-work, and long runs (just short, flat, easy running - as my Achilles would allow)
- Iced my Achilles after every run
- Added eccentric calf raises to my daily routine

It took a while... but, I eventually got over it.

Eccentric Calf Raises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgx0qJp3HM

Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Achilles/Ankle? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ankle injury, not Achilles

Started by Ashiopeia
Views: 1187 Posts: 6

2013-04-20 2:16 PM Socks

Achilles/Inner Ankle Pain

Started by SuperKat
Views: 2169 Posts: 6

2010-11-07 7:09 AM goobergirl98

Knees, shins and ankles ....shins and ankles

Started by Itrithere4iam
Views: 951 Posts: 4

2007-02-27 8:23 PM GulfCoastSwimmer

Achilles Tendonitis or something else?

Started by kimj81
Views: 1470 Posts: 4

2004-09-27 11:56 AM Scottus

Achilles Pain

Started by prince
Views: 2189 Posts: 12

2007-09-22 11:09 AM tridantri
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 15, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Six weeks ago I felt a tug on my achilles during a treadmill run. I had really been finding my stride the last few weeks ramping up mileage again for the running season.

date : May 9, 2011
comments : 2
Achilles Tendonitis is one of the most common running injuries due to overtraining. In this video, a sports medicine doctor diagnoses and provides a treatment plan.
date : June 25, 2010
comments : 1
I did more therapy, more stretches, more exercises and stopped running for over six months. I am just coming back to triathlon after a year off due to this ankle injury.

date : February 22, 2010
comments : 0
I've seen posts on chronic achilles pain, but nothing on recovery from surgery. I don't know the difference between the good pain and the bad when training.
date : May 25, 2009
In the fall I was running on some trails and rolled my ankle pretty bad. I took a few weeks off from running and let it heal. Every so often, my ankle feels swollen, or off.

date : February 16, 2009
comments : 2
What you should know about Achilles tendinopathy to prevent its occurrence and to stop it in its tracks before it stops you.
date : November 4, 2007
I've been told I have laxity in my tendons which sets me up to be more prone to overuse injuries. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to eliminate my chronic achilles pain?

date : October 30, 2005
Been having ankle and achilles pain. Went to sports med/therapy clinic...was given stretches to help achilles and had an appointment made for getting orthotics.