General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great meeting some of the BT crew today.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-19 7:40 PM

User image

Master
Denver
Subject: Great meeting some of the BT crew today....
The RattleSnake was tough but fun, and it was cool meeting VeloComp,MarkDill, Luv2ride, PearlDad, Workout Bunny&family, and others that I can't remember (my brain and the other parts are tired)!

2006-08-20 10:27 AM
in reply to: #516426

User image

Veteran
Highlands Ranch, CO
Subject: RE: Great meeting some of the BT crew today....
Sure makes this sport fun when you know people. Nice to see everyone too. Funny, I had my yellow bike next to another yellow bike whose was PINATA! Nice to meet you Laura. Looked like the wind/waves were very tough for the ladies start. Hope you did well.

I dying to see the results...I check the Rattlesnake results page almost hourly!! They probably will post it together with the Oly results when it is done today.
2006-08-21 3:01 PM
in reply to: #516629

User image

Veteran
Westminster, Colorado
Subject: RE: Great meeting some of the BT crew today....

I'm so glad I found this board a few months ago and joined.  It was so nice to have others out there to talk to, esp beforehand.  That was great Josh, that you parked your bike next to mine and we didn't even realize we were both from BT until you saw my calf a little bit later.  Yellow bikes are fastest! haha.  It definitly helped me in T1, but when I got back from my bike and your bike wasn't there I had to do a double take to look for my blue and green towel.   As far as that start, I've only done one OWS before this tri and it was that night they had it when it was lightening and windy, so the water was similar to that, so I really didn't know any better.  Once I figured it out I was fine, though about 1:30 slower then I should have been.

I wish I could have stayed around afterwards for a bit, but my husband wasn't feeling well and wanted to go, so I just got some food and left.  Next time though.  I can't wait to do another one of these.   

My best friend is a personal trainer and sports nutritionist and has competed in marathons so she knows where I am weakest (running) and helped me devise a good winter training program broken up into 8 week segments.   I can shave off time on all the sports, but running is the one where I think I can shave off the most time if I train properly.  My first 8 weeks is a combination of running and weights.  I can't wait to get started on it.  I'm going to Hawaii for vacation next week so I'll get started training again as soon as I get back.

I want to win one of these now!  I don't know if that will ever happen, but I plan on trying!  Sorry I'm babbling, I'm just still pumped from that race and can't quit thinking about how much fun I had.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great meeting some of the BT crew today.... Rss Feed