General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor Tri/ Tri training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-09 6:23 AM

User image

Expert
Central New Jersey
Subject: Indoor Tri/ Tri training
I am going to talk to my gym today (it has a pool) about starting a triathlon training program and/or possibly hosting an indoor tri (I am a USAT coach with 8 years experience in the sport) - any thoughts/tips/suggestions

what would you like in a program like this?
what have you seen that worked/didn't work?
what would encourage you to participate?

thanks!

Lani

2014-10-09 6:29 AM
in reply to: wwlani

User image

Subject: RE: Indoor Tri/ Tri training
Originally posted by wwlani

I am going to talk to my gym today (it has a pool) about starting a triathlon training program and/or possibly hosting an indoor tri (I am a USAT coach with 8 years experience in the sport) - any thoughts/tips/suggestions

what would you like in a program like this?
what have you seen that worked/didn't work?
what would encourage you to participate?

thanks!

Lani

I did an indoor tri a couple of years ago up in PA - we flipped things a bit - did the bike first on spin bikes; then the swim; then the run - all segments were time based, rather than distance - so it was most distance on bike, most laps on track/pool for run/swim and then they calculated the winner based on that
2014-10-09 9:00 AM
in reply to: wwlani

Subject: RE: Indoor Tri/ Tri training
Does your gym frequently have classes? If so I think this has potential. Does the gym already offer adult swim practice either master an adult fitness swimming (not to be confused with lessons or aerobics)? If yes you probably have some over lap. As far as the class do you want it to be a triathlon 101 type or do you want it to be an off season training for existing triathletes? Either works but it is a different sales pitch and a different program.

As far as the event do you want to market it to people who are new / interested in in tri's or as a winter alternative to experienced participants.

What do you know about the gym's classes do they allow outside instructors? How is the pay determined (based upon # of participants? or number of lessons?) Do you have any control of the fee structure? Is this going to be a situation where you come up with the idea and they are going to then use their staff to execute.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor Tri/ Tri training Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Is an indoor Tri, really a tri ?!?!?! Pages: 1 2 3

Started by jasonbohn9
Views: 1813 Posts: 56

2007-09-07 2:30 PM mbmoran2

Indoor bike training (First tri)

Started by nicolegoldin
Views: 619 Posts: 5

2006-01-26 10:18 PM nicolegoldin

Duluth Clinic Fitness and Training Center Indoor Tri

Started by autumn
Views: 702 Posts: 4

2005-03-07 11:35 AM autumn

Tri-U-Mah Indoor Tri (Feb 13th)

Started by autumn
Views: 749 Posts: 7

2005-02-13 7:56 AM autumn

Indoor Tri's / Y-Tri's Question

Started by jkbostic
Views: 620 Posts: 3

2004-08-31 3:40 PM jkbostic
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
comments : 0
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.