General Discussion Triathlon Talk » online coaching - do you use one? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-12 4:48 PM

User image

Subject: online coaching - do you use one?
Was looking into

"Race Ready Coaching"

Has anyone tried this out? Does it work?

Have you tried any other online coaching ? How did it compare to just doing it all alone?

2014-11-12 5:22 PM
in reply to: rizztalah

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: online coaching - do you use one?

I'm not familiar with Race Ready Coaching, but most coaching is "online", using software like Training Peaks.  It's more efficient for the average amateur than paying for one-on-one coaching.  However, note that even if you're working with a coach online, it's still often necessary to do some in-person coaching for skill development.  This is especially true for swimming.

2014-11-12 8:31 PM
in reply to: rizztalah

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: online coaching - do you use one?

How does that online coaching work?

I've had one on one coaching that is done mostly via email that has worked well. Totally custom plan based on me, my workouts, and my race goals.

Before you go with a coach, check them out with references and make sure you two are a good fit.

Some coaches are really plan writers and write your plan but don't do much in the way of monitoring your progress thru something like Training Peaks which they can see how each workout goes if you fill in the data or upload things like GPS files or power files.

Plan writers are often as expensive as coaches. If I was looking for a coach I'd be sure I'd get a real coach who bases workouts this week on what has come before. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » online coaching - do you use one? Rss Feed