General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » What's on your Wallet? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-15 12:02 PM

Austin, TX .... Y'all
Subject: What's on your Wallet?
Ron, Great website. I saw in your profile you like Pulp Fiction. Well, you remember Samuel Jackson's wallet in the restaurant? That's what I want to be so That's my login--BMF. I think I just need the reminder right now, and it's nice to log in with that each day. Hope no one finds offense to that. There are times in life when things are high and things are low. I'm kinda in a low. Most aspects of life are going well, but my job situation has deteriated badly and it's weird how much that can bring you down. So, instead of sitting around and sulking about it, I bought a road bike instead and have subsequently decided to "tri". I'm hoping the exercise will relieve the stress which seems to be at an all-time high. I haven't been doing any structured exercise program lately but I'm in relatively good shape and plan to do my first organized triathlon in May '05.

2004-07-15 12:17 PM
in reply to: #37750

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: What's on your Wallet?

bmf...no harm in acronyms right?   and yes, it will be a great motivator.  i am sure u will succeed in lessening your stress with tri training...but be careful and don't get caught up too much in 'getting that workout in'...in my experience, that will only make u more stressed and angry....keep your attitude relaxed about training (i know, sounds kinda odd) but with high stress levels, adding on a lot of training could exacerbate the situation - it did in my case years ago.  just stay tuned into yourself.  like u, i am susceptible to the highs and lows of life and this is what seems to keep me 'chilled' if training doesn't happen on a given day.

good luck...your a bmf and your gonna clean up in may 2005...look forward to that first race report.

2004-07-15 1:57 PM

Austin, TX .... Y'all
Thanks for the advice. I definitely am going to take it easy. I tested myself over the last couple of weeks and I can easily run 3 miles is less than 30 minutes, and have done a couple of 20 mile rides on my new road bike averaging between 16 & 17 mph. The swimming is a little tougher. It took some time to get in 1200 meters at the pool. I've got plenty of time to get ready. I may try a practice sprint in mid November. Who knows? Any advice from all other triathletes is welcome.

FYI, I just had lunch with my buddy who flew out of the Akron/Canton airport yesterday and is down visiting for a day or so. If you need anything from Texas, let me know. He's headed back to Akron (that's where he lives) tomorrow. What a small world!
2004-07-15 5:07 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome! Good luck in your training for that spring tri!
2004-07-16 12:27 AM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the T-Spot!
2004-07-16 10:00 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Hello and welcome! Sounds like you are well on your way with your training! Best of luck with your racing and I hope your job situation improves.

Kelly

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » What's on your Wallet? Rss Feed